Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

fifty-eight

Another knock came as Adrian pulled his pants back on and left the room. I grabbed my phone and took it off speakerphone. "Max," I whispered into the phone, glancing at the door.

"Brylyn, what's going on?" Max asked. He was concerned.

"Adrian has me," I said. I got off the bed and pulled my jeans back on. "He took me to his parent's cabin in Erie," I told him as I walked to the bedroom door. I opened it a crack and noticed that the police were at the door talking to Adrian. "The police are here."

"Go talk to them," Max said. "I'll stay on the line in case you need me."

"Thank-you," I said. I walked out of the bedroom and into the area where Adrian was talking to the officers.

The officers looked at me. "Are you ok?" one of the officers asked. She walked over to me.

I shook my head back and forth.

"She's fine," Adrian said. "Everything is great."

"We got a call from this cabin," the other officer said. "A young lady was in trouble. A man named Adrian was doing something to hurt her."

Adrian looked at me, anger flashed in his eyes. "Fucking bitch," he said to me. "You called the police."

"I had to," I whispered.

The female officer looked at me and then at Adrian. "You called?"

"I tried," I nodded. "I wasn't sure if it worked though."

The other officer started to handcuff Adrian and tell him his rights as the female officer beside me pulled me into a hug.

I felt tears start to fall from my eyes and I pulled my phone back to my ear. "Max?" I said into it. The officer gave me a weird look. "He's my boyfriend," I told her.

"Brylyn, what happened?" Max asked. "I heard bits and pieces. Tell me that bastard is in jail."

"He is," I told Max. "I think I have to go to the Erie station and give a statement or something."

"Ok," Max said. "I'll try to get there as soon as I can."

"Thank-you," I said before hanging up the phone and following the officer outside. She called for another car to pick us up and sat down on the porch with me.

"Do you want to tell me what happened or do you want to wait until we get to the station?" she asked.

"If I tell you now, can it be my statement?" I asked.

"I could record it," she offered. "Then it could be."

"Ok," I nodded.

She pulled out a recorder and allowed me to tell her what happened. I started by telling her about when Adrian and I dated and then continued to tell her about what happened in Pittsburgh a few months earlier. I finished by telling her what happened at the game and then what went on at the cabin.

By the time we got to the office, I had finished my explanation and sat in the lobby area waiting for Max.

About an hour or so later, Max, Kris and Jordan came through the doors of the police station. When I saw them, I smiled and got up walking up to Max. He pulled me against him and kissed my forehead. Kris rubbed my back as Jordan stood there, unsure of what he should do. I pulled away from Max and led the boys to the officer, who's name was Crystal.

"This is my boyfriend, Max, and my two friends, Jordan and Le- sorry, Kris," I told her. "I don't know if you need to talk to them, but here they are."

"I'll have to talk to Max," she smiled. "Did either of you two witness anything?"

"I saw some things at the rink," Jordan said. "And I was talking to Max while he was on the phone after the game."

"I'll need to talk to you, as well," Crystal told Jordan.

"I know nothing about today," Kris admitted. "I just know what happened a few months ago in Pittsburgh."

"I see," she nodded. "I'll talk to my superior and see if we need to talk to you. In the meantime, you can sit out here with Brylyn."

"Thank-you," Kris said before leading me to the chairs. "Are you ok?"

"I think so," I frowned. "I'm not badly hurt or anything. The police got there just in time, too."

"Just in time for what?" Kris asked.

I looked at him, tears forming in my eyes again. "He was going to rape me," I whispered.

"Oh, Brylyn," Kris said, pulling me into him. I rested my head against his shoulder and cried, while we waited for Max and Jordan to be finished talking to Crystal.