Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

sixty-three

Before I knew it, five months had passed and I was moving to New York for another schooling opportunity. Max and Jordan were driving me down to New York and helping me move back into Marc's apartment. Marc had decided to wait until I was moved in and then drive home to Thunder Bay with Jordan. Brandon was planning on going home for a couple weeks and then coming back to New York.

"You know, Brylyn," Max said as we entered the outskirts of New York City. "I was thinking, maybe I'd stay in New York for a couple weeks. You know, just until Brandon comes back from Alaska and only if you wanted me to, of course."

"Aww," Jordan cooed from the backseat. "You two are so cute."

"Whatever Jord," I said, rolling my eyes. "Max, you know you can stay as long as you want. I mean, if you had said you wanted to stay there for the summer, I wouldn't say no."

A smile crept to Max's face as he drove down the busy streets. "I just wanted to make sure you were ok with it."

"I'm always ok with spending time with you," I said.

"You two disgust me," Jordan muttered.

"You just wait," I said. "You will find someone who will make you all sweet. Then I'll be the one who is disgusted."

"Ha," Jordan laughed. "I'm not going to be all mushy and sweet like you two."

"Maybe, maybe not," I shrugged. "I just hope you figure out how to clean your apartment before you meet that girl."

"Whatever," Jordan mumbled.

A few minutes later, Max pulled up in front of Marc's apartment. Max and I grabbed a box of my stuff while Jordan went to open the door.

"You could have helped, Staalsy," Max said as we walked inside.

"Nope," Jordan shook his head and lead us to Marc's apartment. He knocked on the door and seconds later Marc answered.

"Hey, come on in," Marc smiled. "It's good to see you again, Brylyn."

"Thanks, good to see you too," I said. "Can I take this to the same room?"

"For sure," Marc nodded. "Do you have more?"

"Yea," I replied, leading Max to my previous room. "Jord was too lazy to help so there is probably four or five more boxes."

"Ok," Marc said before leaving the apartment to go grab a box.

After Max and I put the first two boxes in the room, we went to grab a couple more boxes. Soon enough all my belongings were in the room I would be staying in.

"To bad you guys are leaving right tomorrow," I said to Marc and Jordan. We were sitting in the living room, Marc and Max were playing an NHL video game.

"I know," Marc nodded as he deked and scored on Max. "But I'll be back before you know it and Brandon will be back in a couple of weeks, too."

"I just wish we had more time to catch up," I said. "But I guess there is time when you get back."

"Definitely," Marc agreed. "I feel bad for leaving you here alone for the two weeks that Brandon is gone. I don't want you to get lonely."

"I won't," I smiled. "Max offered to stay until Brandon shows up."

"That's good," Marc said. "Just keep it in the bedroom." As he said this, he scored a goal.

I felt my cheeks go beet red while Jordan started laughing. I looked at Max, his face was slightly pink. He winked at me before returning his attention to the video game in front of him.