Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

sixty-seven

"Brandon, Marc," I called. "I made lunch."

"Great," Marc said, walking into the kitchen. "I'm starving."

"Bien sur, vous etes," I muttered.

Marc gave me a weird look before grabbing a sandwich and some water and going to the dining room. "This is delicious," he called.

"Thanks," I said, as someone knocked at the door. As I left the kitchen to answer it, Brandon walked past me, giving me a smile. I walked to the door and opened it to reveal Max, Jordan, Kris, Sid, Geno, Vero and Marc-Andre.

"Brylyn!" Jordan exclaimed, walking into the apartment. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I laughed.

"Happy birthday," Max said, giving me a kiss.

"Thank-you," I smiled.

Everyone followed Jordan into the apartment.

"Happy birthday," Geno said.

"Thanks," I said. "And happy almost birthday to you."

"Thanks," Geno said. A small frown formed on his face before he shook his head.

"Marc, Brandon, we have company," I said.

"We heard," Marc said, finishing off his sandwich. "I didn't know it was your birthday."

"I don't tell many people," I shrugged. "Actually, I only told Max."

"I see," Marc smiled. "Well, happy birthday. Had I known I wouldn't have let you make lunch."

"It's not a big deal," I told him.

"Sure it is," Brandon said. "Birthdays are always a big deal. Plus you're like, what, twenty-one?"

"Twenty-two," Vero corrected. "So, we are going out tonight, you guys are more than welcome to come."

"We have training tonight, but we will definitely be there after," Marc said.

"What time are you done class, Brylyn?" Marc-Andre asked.

"Ten," I replied.

"Ok, we will pick you up from school at ten," Marc-Andre told me.

"I-" I started to say.

"No arguing," Max interrupted. He wrapped an arm around my waist. "We know you still don't have a car, so we are picking you up."

"Fine," I muttered. Just then I noticed that Kris had been awfully quiet, but I shrugged it off and decided to ask him later. "Did you two leave any food?" I asked Marc and Brandon.

"Nope," Brandon smiled.

"That's ok," Vero said. "We are taking you out for lunch."

"You guys don't have to," I shook my head. "I can make my own food."

"We want to," Sidney spoke for the first time.

I nodded my head and grabbed my phone, iPod and wallet before following the boys and Vero out of the apartment.