Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

sixty-eight

"We have a present for you," Max said, after we finished lunch.

"I told you I didn't want anything," I reminded him.

"I know," Max said. "But all the guys and Vero pitched in. It's on big present from all of us."

I opened my mouth to argue, but Sidney handed me a blindfold. "Put this on," he told me.

"Vous etes les douleurs," I muttered, putting on the blindfold.

"Tu nous aimes," Vero smiled.

"Only you, Vero," I said, shaking my head.

"What about Vero?" Jordan asked, from the driver's seat.

"Never mind, Jord," I shook my head. "This better be something I like because I hate being blindfolded."

"You'll love it," Marc-Andre told me.

I felt the vehicle stop and I heard doors open.

"Come on," Geno said, taking a hold of my arm and helping me out of the back seat.

"Where are we?" I asked. I knew they wouldn't answer, but I tried anyway.

"You'll see," Max said. I felt him take my hand and give me a kiss on the head.

"Are you ready?" Marc-Andre asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said.

"Take off the blindfold," Sidney said.

I did as Sidney said and looked around. "Should I know what it is?" I asked.

"No," Jordan smiled. "But look to your left; it's yellow."

I looked to my left and saw that the only yellow thing was a Mini Cooper. "I swear to the sky, if you guys think I will accept that, you have another thing coming."

"It's all yours," Jordan said.

"I won't accept it," I shook my head. "That is way too expensive for a birthday present."

"It's not too bad," Max shrugged. "The whole team pitched in. Vero, Marc, Brandon, your cousin and your parents put in money too."

"I don't care if the Chicago Blackhawks helped buy it, I'm not accepting it," I argued.

"What?" Sidney gave me a confused look. "The Blackhawks?"

"I'm just saying, I don't care how many people you split the price with, I won't take it," I explained. "I'm sorry, I just can't."

"Hold on," Max said, pulling out his phone. He dialed a number and handed me the phone.

"Hello?" a female voice said.

"Uh, hi," I was a little confused.

"Brylyn?" she asked.

"Yes, that's me," I said, still confused.

"Happy birthday," the mystery woman said. "And you better accept that car. If you don't I will fly over to New York and personally kick your ass until you accept it."

"Nicola?" I asked. "Is that you?"

"It is," Nicola replied. "Now do you like your car?"

"I do, but-" I started to say.

"No, you get in it right now and drive it," Nicola told me. "I don't care how much you don't want to accept it, you are taking it. Now give the phone back to Max and take your friend Kris for a drive."

"Je vais," I muttered. "Merci." I handed Max his phone and taking the keys from his hand. "Nicola wants to talk to you." I turned to Kris. "And you are coming with me."

"Where?" Kris asked, following me to the car.

"For a drive," I replied, getting in my new car and starting it.

Kris got in the passengers seat. He clicked his buckle just as I drove away from the rest of the guys and Vero.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took forever, I have been working on it but never got a chance to update