Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

seventy-two

"You guys always talk me into tagging along," I complained as Marc parked in front of Sean Avery's house. Brandon had talked me into coming with them. I was wearing a pair of dark purple shorts, a white tee-shirt, a black blazer and a pair of black sneakers.

"Quit complaining," Marc said. "We are already here so there is no going back now."

"Whatever," I muttered. I got out of the vehicle and followed the two boys to the door.

Brandon knocked on the door before someone opened it. "Hey guys," the guy who opened the door said. He moved to the side to let us in. "Brylyn, I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?"

"Uh, I'm really good," I said. I had no idea who the person was, although he looked familiar. "How are you?"

"Busy with hockey, but it's all good," he replied.

I nodded and sat beside Marc on the couch. "Who was that?" I asked.

Marc chuckled at me and shook his head. "Brian Boyle."

"Oh," I breathed out. "I'm so bad at telling who they are."

"I noticed," Marc smiled. "You'll get it one day, maybe."

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, babe," a guy with a shaved head sat down beside me. "You look gorgeous tonight."

"Avery," Marc said, in a warning voice. "Leave her be, she's with someone."

"So?" Sean Avery raised an eyebrow.

"So if you make a move on me, I'll kick your ass," I said, with a surprising amount of confidence in my voice.

"Right," Sean laughed. "Like a skinny girl like you is going to kick my ass."

"I wouldn't underestimate her," Marc told him. "She's tough."

"She's like five foot three and scrawny," Sean stated.

"You know, when people said you were a dick, I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I didn't know you," I told Sean, in a calm voice. "But now that I have talked to you, I know that you are a huge asshole. Don't you ever talk about my height because I will make sure you never play hockey again. Don't even think you know anything about me or how tough I am. I have been through a hell of a lot more than you will ever be through in your entire life."

"Wow, bitchy much," Sean muttered.

"Fuck you," I said, standing up. "Marc, keys."

"What?" Marc looked at me bewildered.

"I'm going back to the apartment," I said. I was still calm. "You can call if you need a ride home later, but I have to go."

"Uh, ok," Marc frowned a bit and handed me the keys.

"Thank-you," I said and walked to the door.

"That was a dick move, Avery. Once Jordan finds out what you said, the whole team is going to pummel you." I heard Marc say before I shut the door. I smiled to myself knowing that Marc was telling the truth about Jordan finding out.

I drove to Marc's apartment and immediately called Kris.

"Bry, what's up?" Kris said, once he answered the phone.

"Not too much," I replied.

"To what do I own this lovely call?" Kris asked.

"I had a bit of a run in with Sean," I told him.

"Sean?" Kris asked. I could tell he was confused.

"Avery," I clarified.

"Shit, Bry," Kris muttered. "What happened?"

"Well," I started. "He might have called me five foot three and scrawny."

"But you are," Kris said.

"Screw off," I laughed. "He said I wasn't tough. Anyway, I told him he knew nothing about me and that I've been through a lot more than him and jazz like that."

"So you told Avery off?" Kris said, smiling.

"Now that I think about it, I think I did," I smiled.

"Good for you," Kris chuckled. "But I'm sure once I tell the guys what happened, they will still want to kick his ass."

"I had a feeling," I smiled. "Thanks."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long, hopefully the next once soon