Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

ninety

The end on June meant that the beginning of July was coming, which meant that my plans and drawings for my cafe had to be done. Max and I had hired some contractors, who said they would be available starting July fifth.

Max was going to Quebec for the rest of June, while I was staying in Pittsburgh to get the construction of my cafe started. Then, halfway through July, I was going to fly to Quebec for the rest of July.

It was lonely in Pittsburgh, with all the guys back home, but I was getting by. I would go out in the morning and look for stuff for my cafe and either relax or go clothes or grocery shopping in the afternoon.

When the first week of July came along, I thought I was going to go insane from boredom. That was until the doorbell rang. It was too soon for the contractors to start and I wasn't expecting someone. So I slowly went to the door and looked through the peephole. I smiled when I saw who it was.

"Brandon!" I said after I whipped the door open. I smiled and moved away from the door so that he could come inside. "What are you doing in the 'Burgh?"

"Marc said you were lonely in Pittsburgh, so I decided to stop by," Brandon said, following me to the living room. "My family felt like a vacation to one of the eastern stated would be fun and I suggested Pittsburgh. They thought it was a good idea, so while they are on some tour or something, I'm here spending time with you."

"Aww, that's so nice of you," I said. "Do you want anything to drink or eat?"

"No, I was just out for lunch," Brandon shook his head. "What have you been up to?"

"I'm building a cafe," I told him.

"Really?" Brandon raised his eyebrows. "That's cool. Is that why you are here in the 'Burgh without any of the others? And without Max?"

"That's exactly why," I nodded. "It sucks sometimes, like when I have nothing to do. Usually I'd clean when I get bored or go for a walk, but I've cleaned every nook and cranny and I've gone on so many walks I think I've seen all of Pittsburgh."

"I could only imagine," Brandon chuckled. "Do you want to come for supper with my family tonight? You know, so that you aren't sitting here eating alone."

"Sure," I shrugged. "If it's ok with your family."

"It will be fine," Brandon said.

We talked for a couple more hours before Brandon said his parents were waiting at the restaurant.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Brandon drove to our destination.

"Um, some french restaurant," Brandon said. "Le Pom Me Eh?"

"Le Pommier Bistro?" I asked.

"Yea, that one," Brandon nodded.

"I used to work there," I said, looking out the window. The route was overly familiar.

"Oh, cool," Brandon said, glancing at me. "You'll know what is good and what isn't."

"Everything is good, Brandon," I chuckled, shaking my head.

When we arrived, Brandon introduced me to his family, who were really nice. His two brothers thought it was awesome that I was a chef and that I used to work at the restaurant. They asked my opinion on almost every single item on the menu.

When he night was over, Brandon dropped me off at Max's house and wished me good night.

As I was about to crawl into bed, my phone went off. I opened the message and read it. It said, 'I saw you out tonight. I didn't know you and Dube's had something going on. I thought you were with that other hockey player, Talbot. Anyways, maybe I'll see you tomorrow, night.'

I looked at the number and didn't recognize it. "Who the hell is that?" I wondered out loud.