Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

ninety-eight

"I'm so nervous!" I exclaimed. I was standing in a room in a church in Montreal, wearing my wedding dress. My hair was left curly and down. I had opted out of getting a veil.

"You look stunning," Nicola told me with a smile.

"Max is going to be speechless," Vero agreed.

"That is if he doesn't faint first," Penny joked.

All three women looked amazing in their dresses. Nicola was my Maid of Honour, while Vero and Penny were my bridesmaids.

"Thanks, guys," I smiled. "You all look amazing. I'm really sorry that the dresses clash a bit. When Max said he wanted red and purple to be our colours, I was a bit nervous about getting dresses for you three."

"I think they look fantastic," Penny said.

"You would, PA," I smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Penny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean," I laughed, as a knock came from the door.

"Are you ready?" Kris asked, walking into the room.

I looked at him and smiled. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Good," Kris smiled. "You look beautiful, Bry."

"Thank-you, Letang," I said. I pulled him into a hug.

"When are you going to tell him?" Kris whispered into my ear.

"After the wedding," I whispered back. "Before the reception."

"If you two are done whispering, we have a couple to get married," Penny said, as my dad entered the room.

"You should get out there Kris," he said. "Max is wondering where his Best Man is."

"Best Man?" I asked, looking at Kris, who smirked.

"Yea, Max didn't want to decide between his brothers," Kris said.

"Wow, he never told me," I said, thinking back to the days when we were planning the wedding. "Anyway, let's get going, before I lose my nerves."

"You'll do great," Kris smiled. "I'll see you up there." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"Ready?" Vero asked. Two weeks earlier, she had gotten married to Marc-Andre, so she knew what I was feeling.

I nodded and followed the three women out, my dad in tow.

Once the girls had walked the isle, the music started to play. I linked arms with my dad and started walking down the isle.

The moment I saw Max, nothing else mattered. The people that were there were blurs as I made my way to the alter. All I could focus on was Max's smiling face and the way his eyes were trailing up and down my body in typical Max fashion.

When I got to the alter, Max took my hand and leaned forward slightly. "You are beautiful."

I felt my cheeks turn hot and guessed that they were an extremely dark shade of red. By the way Penny giggled lightly, I knew she had seen.

The preacher began speaking and soon enough we were saying 'I do' and exchanging rings.

"Now you may kiss the bride," the preacher said, cuing Max to pull me in close to his body and give me the most romantic kiss of my life.

When he released me, we quickly signed the marriage papers and left the church.

We stood in the foyer as people came to congratulate us on our marriage. Marc-Andre stood off to the side, watching Vero with pride. Jordan stood beside him, looking at Penny in almost the same way.

Once everyone cleared out, Kris walked up to Max and me. He shook Max's hand and told him to take good care of me. Then he turned to me and smiled. He pulled me into another hug and kissed my cheek. "I'll make sure no-one bothers you," he whispered.

I nodded my thanks and turned to Max, as Kris walked away, taking the stragglers with him.

"Max," I smiled.

"Brylyn, you are the most stunning bride I have ever seen," Max said, pulling me into him and resting his hands on my hips.

"Thank-you," I said. I looked down at the floor.

"Sweets, what is the matter?" Max asked, lifting my chin with his finger.

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head slightly. "There is something I have to tell you though."

"What is it?" Max asked, looking at me with curious eyes.

"I won't be drinking champagne tonight," I told him.

"Now, Brylyn," Max started. "I know you don't like to drink, but this is your wedding. You are supposed to enjoy yourself."

"I would drink it if I could, Max," I said, almost whispering.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"I'm pregnant," I whispered.

"Come again?" Max said, making sure he heard correctly.

"I'm pregnant," I repeated. "I'm about six weeks along."

"That's wonderful!" Max smiled. "When did you find out? Does anyone know? What am I asking? Of course Tanger knows, he's been avoiding me like the plague the past two days."

I laughed at this. "Yes, Letang knows. I told him to get his opinion on how you might act. And I found out two days ago."

"This is great," Max said, grinning from ear to ear. "Can we tell everyone tonight?"

"I suppose," I laughed. "They will all find out eventually anyway."

"I can't wait," Max said, leading me to my mini cooper, which had a sign saying 'Just Married'.
♠ ♠ ♠
The bridesmaid dresses are supposed to be lavendar with a flame coloured band around the waist.