‹ Prequel: To the End

I've Lost My Fear of Falling... I Will Be With You...

The Last Note

GERARD'S POV

This is it. This is the end of me. I know it will strike terrible grief over my family. But, what will my purpose be, now that she's gone? It's been a week. A week since she left. My brother tried his best to help me, and I thank him for the efforts, but I've no choice but to do this. This thing that will take my life away. But can I blame myself? It's my natural reaction. Grandma died, but I was feeling less miserable, then.

I eyed a pen on my bedside table. A notepad was beside the pen. I decided to write the last letter for my family and friends.

This is it, Gerard...

I wrote a letter, a very sad one at that. It was addressed to all of my family and friends. I must admit, the letter was tough to write, since my eyes overflowed with tears. I didn't feel any better after writing the letter. It was really hard.

I tacked it on the fridge door. Mikey was asleep on the sofa, so I decided to go out and see the last sights of nature, and then jump off a building.
Well, life has been good on me...

MIKEY'S POV

I woke up with a start. I slept, I know. But I was sure, pretty sure Gerard was there in his room. Feeling hungry, I decided to grab some food from the fridge.

And then I saw it. The note he wrote. A goodbye note.

It struck me harsh. I felt bad. I wanna die. He's really gonna do it. Commit suicide. And this very day.

I wanted to act quickly.

He was out. His room was empty. All thoughts of hunger gone, I decided to call the others.

A voice inside my head was speaking...

Act quickly...