Status: I would love more subs :)

Stuck In The Ages

1: The Silent Girl

Virginia Weills was not the typical girl of the decade. She did not wear her hair in three different colors and she never kept up with the erratic fashion statements that consumed the country. If you asked a random person about her, they would tell you that she was born to two hippie parents and that she has been shooting up LSD from the day she turned four.

But Virginia would never deny it.

Also a White Lake, New York citizen was her almost-complete opposite – Sean Henry Peterson. He wasn’t exactly popular, but he did have many friends. Virginia may have had one distant friend, or two, but no one that she really confided in. Most passed her off as a loon.

So when their paths crossed one day, both were equally surprised.

Virginia was dressed, as usual, in a headband running across her forehead, covered in a floral design. Her tie-dye dress dragged along behind her, like the train from a wedding dress. As she walked out to her beat-up van, Sean was right behind her, walking to his Honda Accord parked next to her gas-guzzler.

And then she fell.

Sean had accidentally stepped onto her long dress’s trail, and she had not noticed until her face hit the ground and her headband came undone.

“Ow,” was all Virginia had uttered.

She had rejected Sean’s helping hand and gotten up on her own. His pestering eyes seemed to be looking right through her.

“I – I’m really sorry...” he apologized, trying not to stare at her bizarre style. He had heard about this girl who was stuck in the ages, but he had never seen her for himself.

Virginia was never one to get angry easily, so she gave him a small smile and started walking to her van. As soon as she unlocked it, though, she heard the boy call out again.

“My name’s Sean. You’re Virginia, right?”

She nodded again, proving herself as not one to speak. Sean wasn’t surprised at her lack of friends, but he gave her a friendly smile and walked to his parking. The image of her smile was implanted in his brain. There was something strange about her – besides the obvious. She hadn’t spoken an actual word.

She was a legitimate challenge – and he was going to take her up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I came up with this idea in a dream and a few personal experiences. I am a little part of Virginia, with my own being stuck in the ages at times. I think this story can be a little bit cliché, but it can also turn out to be an original and creative work - I certainly hope it's the latter. Please tell me what you think of the idea, as I don't want to continue a failure of writing. Thank you :)