Status: I would love more subs :)

Stuck In The Ages

2: The Rose

It was a silent day at school. Life had been normal for about a week for Sean. He had basically forgotten all about the hippie girl who didn’t fit in.

Then he saw her a second time.

He had bought lunch in the cafeteria, since he wanted to get some homework done as well. Driving out would take up all of his time, and the work was more important. He caught sight of a tie-dye bandana and long, dirty blonde hair flowing out of it.

“Hey Virginia,” Sean grinned a flashy smile.

“Hello,” Virginia replied with a half-smile, awkwardly walking around him.

If she was interested, she sure didn’t show it.

But Sean Henry was not one to give up. He blocked her path and walked backwards, trying to engage her in conversation.

“So, you like bands like The Beatles right? Me too! I love that one song… uhh… Lucie Is A Walrus!” Sean cheesily smiled.

Virginia nodded and smiled, trying to get out of the situation. She could not fathom why the random boy was mocking her like this and her cool was slowly decreasing.

“Excuse me,” she mumbled, trying to get her way to a table.

“Why don’t you like talking to me?” Sean asked, finally exasperated.

For what seemed like forever, Virginia stood and blinked. She looked at Sean up and down, making him uncomfortable from her laser-eyes.

“I don’t like talking, period. I like to listen,” she finally answered, satisfied with her two sentences.

It would have been enough to make Sean give up. He probably would have walked away right there, if it weren’t for his eye catching a glimpse of her tattoo.

It was perfectly hidden on the inside of her arm and it was a picture of a beautiful and perfect pink rose. He hastily grabbed her arm and pointed to it.

“What is it?”

She struggled out of his grasp and shook her head, finally getting the chance to walk away.

The girl made Sean curious – he was going to find out what that flower was all about, as well as the girl who sported it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really sure if I'm liking this story so far, but I really am trying to make it a romantic and complicated, but not foggy, story. So, criticism would truly be appreciated, since I'm trying to make this an amiable story.