Status: I would love more subs :)

Stuck In The Ages

3: The Deal

Exactly twenty-four hours later, Sean still could not get Virginia off of his mind. She was nothing like anyone else, and she didn’t worry about not fitting in. He couldn’t say he never felt like that before – that would be completely lying. He had met girls who were Goths and other girls who were plain preps.

Yet, Virginia wasn’t any of it. She was different and proud of it, but never vain.

To Sean, she had posed a challenge, and he had taken her up on it. To Virginia, Sean was just another kid who felt the need to taunt her diverse clothes and style. She didn’t believe he could surprise her in any way – she had him figured out.

“Okay, how about I make you a deal?” he had cut in front of her, while she walked to the table she ate at by herself.

Virginia blankly stared at him, as if she hadn’t heard a word he had said.

“One date. That’s it. If you go on one date with me, and you hate it, I will never talk to you again and you can live your life like you normally do,” he offered.

It was a bizarre deal for a bizarre girl. When she finally digested his words, she realized that he wasn’t mocking her – he wanted this date, almost desperately.

Finally, she nodded, and said one word: “Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short on purpose, so don't trip ;) The next chapter is going to be the date, so it will be making up for this one's length. I hopefully will finish The Date chapter soon!