Status: I would love more subs :)

Stuck In The Ages

7: The Goodbye

Although Sean was not quite the laughing stock, yet, his dignity was still slightly grazed. His ex-girlfriend, Jane, continually interrogated to the core of his relationship with Virginia.

“Have you guys kissed, yet?”

“No, Jane. Go away,” Sean exasperatedly said.

“You’re lying. How far did you guys go? Third base?”

“Jane, why are you so interested? Do you still like me?” he questioned.

“No,” Jane defensively retorted, “I am totally over you. Trust me.”

It had gotten her to leave, which was the true purpose of asking. But it didn’t save him from Josh, Jake, or Lizzie, who were all witnesses to his date.

After being poked and prodded about Virginia all of lunch, Sean spotted the girl-of-the-day while going to his last class.

“Hey Virginia!” Sean called out.

She had obviously heard him, but completely ignored his calls. When he finally caught up to her, he stood in front of her, blocking her way.

“What’s going on? Are you mad at me, or something?” Sean asked, out of breath from running through people to catch up.

Virginia would not make eye-contact, worrying Sean. He began to think of the worst, that this would be the first girl to reject him. Deep down, he could feel the fear of losing her, specifically, although he would not admit it to himself.

“This isn’t going to work, Sean,” Virginia bluntly said. She hadn’t been known to speak any other way, so it shouldn’t have surprised him – but it did.

“No, no,” Sean denied. “We can make it work, is this because of my friends? I can set them straight, Virginia!”

When Virginia finally made eye contact, her eyes were watering.

“We’re from two totally separate worlds, Sean. I don’t know why you thought this would ever work,” her voice began to fail her. It was weird to her, crying over a boy. She had never felt this way before, yet she knew it was just a phase.

“Virginia…” Sean tried to form a sentence, but couldn’t. For a while, all the pair could do was look at each other.

“I’m going to be late,” Virginia finally broke the silence.

“Me too.”

“Goodbye, Sean,” she said, walking past him, accidentally touching his hand as she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick note, this isn't the end!