Status: I would love more subs :)

Stuck In The Ages

8: The Reunion

It didn’t hurt too much at first. Sean wasn’t the worst with girls – he could probably get three other girls. But he was set out to get Virginia.

Sometimes, when he passed her in the halls, he could feel the heat between them. They hadn’t had too many memories, but it was enough to make the energy awkward.

It had taken Virginia all her energy to detach from Sean. He had actually won her over. Somehow, she had wanted to share her dreams with him. Yet, she had to get over it. She had been serious – they were from two completely separate places. He was the norm, and she was… not.

It was strange that Sean could not move on. Sometimes, it would take him a mere minute to get over a girl. He was youthful – nothing in the world made him even imagine heartbreak. He only thought of going forth with life.

Then it happened. Around two weeks after the encounter in the halls, they crossed paths in the cafeteria. Sean was with Josh and Jake, and Jake had “accidentally” tripped Virginia. Although Jake didn’t like the relationship, he was too loyal to not take action against a girl who rejected Sean, even if it was in an immature way.

“Sorry,” Jake monotonously apologized, with no feeling.

“Dude, what the hell?” Sean yelled, giving his hand to Virginia. When she took it, an electric pulse seemed to go through their arms, as if it was reuniting their souls.

“Thank you,” Virginia quietly said, trying to wipe the pasta sauce off of her arm.

“Can I talk to you?” Sean replied, with a question.

Virginia nodded and he took her aside.

“I don’t know about you, but this isn’t working for me. I really like you, and I couldn’t tell you why if I tried. I want a second chance,” Sean almost demanded.

For a second, he was sure Virginia would blatantly refuse and walk away. But her facial expression said otherwise. A smile spread across her lips and she slowly nodded.

“One more try. But this is the last chance I’m giving it. I can’t afford to drop anymore of my lunch,” she joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need some ideas for next chapter, not going to lie. I'm on a block mode. Sorry!