Status: On Hiatus.

Darling, Don't Lie to Me

"Tell me how you feel."

I never really liked talking to counselors, especially the one that worked at my old school. I think his name was... Mr. Keanu but a lot of my school mates liked to call him, Mr. Let-it-all-out. Because that was his 'strategy' and it seemed to work with some people. He expected you to feel comfortable sitting across from him and just spill out your problems like a broken faucet. He would nod his head as if on cue, his hands folding over each other to distract or restrain himself from doing something rash. If I had a nickel to bet on, I'd say that he was secretly itching to slam his hands on the wooden table and disagree with you. Probably say, "But you're wrong! They do love you! And you are important! Why are you acting so selfish?!" Or something along those lines. Sounds like total bull shit to me- his strategy was overused and complete shit. I didn't believe in confessing our problems to a complete stranger. What in bloody hell would they do to help you if they didn't know a single thing or detail about you? Of course, that was their job, feed you cliche words and receive their check after they were done kicking you out and shipping you off to some Asylum for the Insane and Suicidal.

That's why I hated them. Hearing their pathetic questions irked me, "What's wrong with you?" I'd answer them and then their response, "And how does that make you feel?", made about to just smash their face in. Normally, I wasn't such a violent person but if you got on my nerves...it would be best if you were at least a mile's distance away from me.

Image

"Please...pick up the phone, Mertig...Please." I whispered under my breath as I pressed the black receiver against the side of my mouth. At the moment I didn't care of all the germs that were currently living in the object. I just wanted and hoped to hear my friend's calming voice.

Hello? A familiar husky voice answered.

"Mertig?" I breathed.

Uh yeah? Who's this?

"It's me."

Holy shit! He shouted back. In the background I could hear a distant someone else shout, Language mister!

But he kept whispering profanities. I squeezed my eyes shut in annoyance and let out a sigh.

"Mertig! Shut up already!"

How can I shut up when it's been at least three months without hearing your voice, Sunny. He replied with his teeth clenched.

"I need out. You, out of all the people, should understand where I'm coming from." As calm as my voice sounded, there was desperation in my tone. I wanted to hear those words.

Hell, I've missed you so much. When are you coming back?

Relief and another alien emotion washed over me. He had said them.

"I'm not, remember?"

Oh yeah...I wish you were though.He mumbled.

I ignored him and kept talking, "So about my par-"

They've stopped looking. But I'm pretty sure they're going to make it worldwide, Sunny. He let out a strained chuckle.

"Oh, well by that time I'll be another person. Someone else, someone new."

And what the hell is wrong with the person you are now?

"Everything, Mertig."

You know you're lying through your teeth, dammit!

"No, I'm not. Look, I have to go now. I'll call...soon. Bye."

I love you Sunny. Please just come back home. He plead.

"I'm sorry but I can't." I hung up the phone. And with that, I collapsed on the floor, curled myself and cried for the first time I had runaway.
♠ ♠ ♠
First part: You get to know more about the girl.

Second part: You get an idea of why she is doing everything.

Comments? Feedback?