Status: Completed

Friction

The Temple

I sat with my roommate Kelly on the couch watching the news. Somewhere between the weather and sports, the telephone rang.
“It’s your turn to answer it,” said Kelly.
I sighed, being a bit lazy. “Okay,” I said.
I walked lazily to the phone and picked it up. “Hello?” I answered.
“Hey beautiful,” said Tristan. It felt great to hear his voice. I hadn’t heard it in over three weeks.
“Hey babe,” I said with a smile.
“What do you say you and I go out tonight?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I was supposed to do something with Kelly and her friends.”
“Oh, Kieran, this is me you’re talking to. Can’t you reschedule?”
“You know I hate it when you beg.”
“I know. But it’s been forever since I’ve seen you,” said Tristan. “Maybe I can come with you and Kelly?”
“I don’t’ think that’ll be a problem,” I said. I turned to Kelly. “Do you think Tristan can hang with us tonight?”
“Sure, the more the merrier. You know how my friends love gay guys,” said Kelly.
I turned back to my conversation with Tristan, “Kelly said it was cool.”
I felt the cat, Jinx, purr around my leg.
“Great!” he said.
“So, we’re going to The Temple for a few drinks and some dancing. We’ll be there around ten, okay?”
“Okay, I’ll see you there,” said Tristan.
I hung up and floated back to the couch. Jinx jumped onto my lap and started to purr as I stroked his fur.
“You’re in love, aren’t you?” asked Kelly.
“I think I am, Kelly. I think this guy might really be the one.”
“Just be careful.”
“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“Don’t get fussy. I just mean…he seems like a player.”
“You’ve only met him once. How would you know that?” I asked. I couldn’t believe that she would ask that.
“It’s just instinct. I had a feeling.”
“Well, you’re wrong,” I said.
“I hope so, for your sake.”

***

I stood in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear. I wanted to look absolutely stunning for Tristan so that way he couldn’t resist me.
I went through about ten different outfits until I rested on a Purple shirt and a black under t-shirt. I also chose some black jeans that fit just right and all black slip ons. My outfit was topped off with a pinstriped black fedora that gently rested on the back of my head.
I walked out of my bedroom and into Kelly’s and did a 360 turn for her.
“Wow, hot. Tristan will definitely be drooling,” she said.
“If I’m lucky, I won’t be in these clothes for long,” I said with a smirk.
“You’re such a slut,” said Kelly.
“And proud of it,” I joked with my head up high.
“Are you ready?” she asked.
“Yup, let’s go.”
“We have to pick up Lindsey. Her car is in the shop,” said Kelly.
“Cool, as long as I’m not late to meet Tristan.”
“Oh, come on, Kieran. You’re not going to be late. Stop being queeny,” said Kelly.
“How exactly does a queen stop being queeny?” I asked.
“Good point,” said Kelly.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)