Status: Completed

Friction

A Swift Plummet

When I woke up next to Tristan, I almost forgot that he was there. I woke him up by kissing his neck. When he woke up and saw me he smiled.
“I love you,” he said.
“R-Really?”I asked.
“Yeah,” he said with a smile. He put his cheek in his hand and propped himself up on his elbow. “I just realized it right now. I saw your face and those were the only words that I wanted to say. I just felt it.”
“Well…I love you, too,” I said with a smile.
He pecked me a kiss. “You want breakfast?”
“Are you hungry? I’ll make us some breakfast.”
“I’ll make us breakfast. It’s only fair after you made those delicious burgers.”
“Do you even know how to cook?” I asked.
“I cook,” he said with a smile.
“Somehow I don’t believe you.”
“Fine then, why don’t I just go grab us something from the bakery?”
“That sounds good. In the meantime, I’m jumping in the shower.”
He looked at me and smiled again. “Well, on second thought…”
“Right,” I smirked. “I thought you’d change your mind.” I bobbed my eyebrows. “Let’s get naked.”
“In that case, I have a head start.” He pulled the covers off and he was definitely really naked and definitely ready for whatever we were about to do if you know what I mean.
We showered together and we did a lot more than that in the shower. Making love to Tristan is an experience that I’ve never had before. Of course I’ve had sex before I met him, but none of those guys were as passionate and loving and domineering and masculine at the same time. He’s like a sex God or something. When we got out, I could barely walk. He didn’t have fresh clothes, so he barrowed some of mine.
“What’re you doing today?” I asked him.
“I gotta catch a shift at work and then…nothing I guess.”
“Well, I was gonna hit the Abbey with a couple of friends if you wanna have a couple of drinks with us.”
“The Abbey? I haven’t been there.”
“Cool, you should come. It’s like a gay bar, but not.”
“Huh?”
“Well, not only gays go there. A bunch of straight people go, too.”
“Okay, sounds like fun. Is it a bar or a club?”
“A bar, so you don’t need to dress to fancy, but do make sure you look cute for me.”
“Oh, you know it.”

Tristan, Kelly, and I went to breakfast at Toni’s Bakery around the corner from our apartment. Tristan had never been there. After we ate, he left to go to work.
“He said he loved me,” I said to Kelly as we walked back home.”
“What?”
“Yeah,” I said excitedly. “This morning, he didn’t even say good morning, he just blurted it out.”
“What did you say back?”
“I said that I loved him. What else would I say?”
“You never know.”
“I know, but it was just the perfect moment. The sun was peeking in through the widow and he was just so beautiful. I love him. I really do.”
“Gosh, it’s sickening.” She said with a smart smile.
I smiled with her and we walked the rest of the way arm in arm.

• • •

Kelly got a surprise visit from her father, which botched her plans of coming with Tristan and me to The Abbey. So it was just Tristan and I driving to the bar. Once we got there, we started walking up. I could tell that Tristan was nervous because he was shaking.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, it’s just my first gay bar.”
“I told you. It’s a gay bar, but a lot of straight people come here.”
“Right, but I’m not straight.”
“Well, you’re not gay either.”
“Okay, good point.”
“Come on, you’re with me. You’ll be fine.”
We walked in and as soon as we walked in, I kissed Tristan on the lips as soon we walked in. I didn’t see Addy or Izzy so I took it upon myself to get us a table. I ordered myself a Mojito and Tristan ordered a Jack and Coke.
“So?” I asked.
Tristan looked around at all the guys. One couple pecked a small kiss and there was a group of friends in the corner. You could tell they were friends by how much they laughed and made fun of each other.
“It’s…different than what I’m used to.”
“But now do you see that gay people are just like everyone else?”
I took his hand and he looked at me and smiled. “Thanks for bringing me here.”
Our drinks came. The waiter was this tall, dark, and handsome time with black hair and these dark brown eyes that made you wanna go, “ooh”. I saw Tristan looking, but I didn’t care. Shit, I was looking, too. But then, I brought him back to our reality.
“Ten second rule,” I said.
“What?”
“You can only look for ten seconds. Then, you have to look back at me,” I said with a smirk and scooting my chair closer to his.
He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me even closer to kiss me. I felt his tongue slip into my mouth and I knew he was comfortable to do this here because it was a gay bar.
I heard Addy’s laugh coming in, along with Izzy no doubt. I looked up and Tristan still had his arms around me.
“Hey, Addy,” I said. “Tristan, come on. Let me go,” I said. He wouldn’t let me go. I started to laugh. “Baby, come on.” I kissed him on the cheek and then he slowly let go. But he didn’t want to turn around to say hello to my new friends. “Sorry about him,” I said. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him.” I hugged Addy and started to bug Tristan by pushing on his shoulder.
He finally slowly turned around. His face was scrunched up and suddenly Addy’s face turned bright red and Izzy face was pure shock.
“Hi Addy,” he said.
Addy’s lips started to quiver and her eyes started to water. “Wh-What’s going on here?” she asked.
“Oh my God,” said Izzy, looking around.
“I don’t get it. What’s up with you guys?” I asked. “Do you guys know each other?”
“I think that’s an understatement,” said Izzy. “Tristan, I think it’s time you explain.”
“Yes,” I said. I saw Addy’s tears start to drip down her face. “Tristan?”
“Okay, please don’t freak out,” he started.
“Freak out! Freak out!” Addy started to yell and…well, freak out. “How could you tell me you love me when you’re with him?!”
“Tristan, what is she talking about?”
Izzy rolled her eyes. “Isn’t it obvious? He’s been sleeping with the both of you.”
I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t know what to do.
Addy’s face went from anger to devastation. She started to flail her arms in the air and hit his chest. “I can’t believe you! You said you loved me!”
I still couldn’t move. I didn’t know what to do. I just stood there, watching her hit him and him not doing anything to stop her. I felt my eyes well up with tears and all of my hopes just plummet. My love has been lying to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)