Status: Completed

Friction

Untouchable

The next morning, I paced around my room trying to decide on whether or not I should call Tristan. One minute, I was convinced that I should call him and the next I was convinced that I should just let it go.
Was I right to tell him that I loved him? I wasn’t really sure. I was sure that I meant it. I do love him. It was probably just too soon to say it.
Then again, I had a right to tell him how I felt. He had no right to ditch me after I reveal such personal emotions. I should call him to tell him what I really think of him, that he’s an insensitive asshole.
No! I’m crazy. If I call him just to tell him off, he’ll break up with me and I don’t know if I can deal with that.
I hopped in the shower and after, I decided to make today a lazy day. Kelly was at work and I was all alone, so I curled up on the couch and prepared myself for a Quentin Tarantino marathon. First, I would watch Reservoir Dogs. After Reservoir Dogs, I planned to watch Death Proof. After Death Proof, I planned to watch Jackie Brown. Then, I planned to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2. Then, the big finale, of course it’s my favorite movie of all time, Pulp Fiction.
It doesn’t matter, I didn’t get that far. Right in the middle of Kill Bill Vol. 2, Tristan showed up at my door. It was around four thirty.
“Hey,” he said with his head down.
“Hey, yourself,” I answered.
“Listen, can I come in?”
“I don’t know. I’m watching Kill Bill Volume Two and it was just getting to the good part,” I told him.
“Please, I want to explain about last night.”
I sighed. I knew I wanted to let him in, but I didn’t know if it was such a good idea.
“Okay, come in,” I said. “Want some coffee or something?” I asked.
“No, that’s okay,” he said as he shut the door.
I went back to sit on the couch. Tristan sat next to me. I paused the movie.
“So, what do you have to say for yourself?” I asked.
“Okay, so….I know it must’ve scared you the way I jetted out of here when you said that you loved me, but…I was just surprised,” said Tristan. “I didn’t know what to do. No one other than family has ever told me that.”
I felt bad for being so angry with him. How could I even think that this total sweetheart was an insensitive asshole?
I smiled at him, “Well, I understand.”
“That’s not all. I just wanted to say…I love you, too.”
“Tristan, you don’t have to say it just because I said it. Say it when you’re ready.”
“I am ready. I’ve had a lot of time to think about it and I know that this…us…this is what I want.”
I am so in love with this guy, it’s scary. I just stared into his eyes for a bit, but then realized that that was sort of creepy and snapped out of it.
“Do you want to watch the rest of the movie with me?” I asked.
“No, I can’t. I’ve got to have dinner with my parents in about an hour or so. I’ve got to go home and get ready.”
“Okay, maybe next time,” I said.
He put his hands on my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss.
“I’ll see ya soon,” he said.
I didn’t want him to leave, but he did. I couldn’t finish the marathon either. The entire reason for it was because I was feeling down about the disappearing act that Tristan performed the night before.
All was right in my life right now. I had a great best friend and roommate, Kelly. I had a great boyfriend, Tristan. I was in a good situation financially and nothing could hurt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)