Status: Completed

Friction

Meeting Kieran

When I got home from the club, I went straight to bed. I had to work the next morning and I didn’t want to be tired.

I work at Sabrina’s. It’s an awesome Italian restaurant. Mostly rich snobby people eat there, so I usually get big tips. What can I say, I’m a people person. These tips are how I can afford an apartment on my own.

I decided to stop at Starbucks on my way to work. I didn’t really want a coffee; I just wanted to see if Kieran was working again. He was. It was my lucky day.

He smiled at me, “Hey Addy. Did you have fun last night?”

“Yeah, I did. You should have come.”

“Sorry. Maybe next time.”

“Maybe. Um… can I get a grande caramel macchiato?”

“Is that the only drink you ever get?”

“Yeah, pretty much. I’m kind of scared to try anything else. I don’t usually like coffee that much.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

I handed him a ten dollar bill, “Keep the change.”

“Thanks.”

After I got my coffee, I said bye to Kieran and walked the three blocks to Sabrina’s. After I had punched in, Sabrina, my boss, called me to her office.

“Yes?” I asked, peering in the door.

“Come in, Addy.”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“Oh, no. I actually just called you in to tell you that I’m promoting you.”

“Really? That’s great. Thank you so much.”

“You’ll still be waiting tables because you are our best waitress, but you’ll have added responsibilities. You’ll be getting a dollar fifty raise, too.”

After I finished talking with Sabrina I was on a high. The rest of the day went so well that even bitchy customers couldn’t get me down. I made double in tips what I normally did.

When I got home, I immediately called Tristan.

“Hello,” he said when he picked up the phone.

“Guess what?” I asked him, excitement lacing my words.

“What?”

“I got a promotion at work!”

“Wow, that’s great. We should go out to celebrate.”

“Do you think we could just stay in and watch a movie?”

“Sure, whatever you want, Babe. Do you want me to come over?”

“Yeah. Could you stop by the movie store and pick out a movie? I don’t want to watch any of the ones I have here.”

“Okay. I’ll be over soon.”

“Bye, Tristan.”

“Bye, Addy.”

As soon as I hung up the phone, I texted Izzy.

I GOT A PROMOTION!

I was about to hop in the shower when my cell phone rang. It was Kieran.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Addy. I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and a couple of my friends?”

“Well, I was going to have my boyfriend come over, but I’ll see if I can reschedule with him. Going out sounds fun. Can I call you back?”

“Sure, talk to you soon.”

I dialed Tristan’s number. It turns out; he hadn’t left the apartment yet.

“No, go ahead. I’m surprised you hadn’t been doing something with Izzy anyway.”

“Thanks Tristan. You’re the best. Talk to you later?”

“Yeah, I’m looking forward to it.”

When I called Kieran back, I was so excited, I think I scared him.

I told him I would meet him and his friends there. We were going to the new club in town, Lightning.

When I got there, it was packed. I looked for Kieran and immediately saw him dancing with a couple girls around our age. I walked up to him.

“Hey. I’m here.”

“Hey, Addy. This is Kelly,” Kieran said pointing to the grungy, but pretty, dark haired girl on his left, “and this is Hannah.” Hannah was beautiful. She had jet black hair and hypnotizing blue eyes framed by dark glasses.

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

“So, you’re the girl Kieran’s been going on about all day.”

“Yeah, I guess that would be me.”

Kelly and I hit it off right away. It was like we had been friends since we were little girls. Hannah was awesome, too. She explained to me how she thought men were overrated and that she was happy without one. I instantly respected her. It was a good philosophy, but one I could probably never follow. She laughed when I stated as much.

“It’s fine. I don’t expect you to change for me. We just met.”

We spent the rest of the night dancing and having a few drinks. When it was time to say goodbye I exchanged numbers with Kelly and Hannah.

“This was fun. We should do it again.”

They both agreed and we decided we should all get together this time each week.

When I got home, I was so excited I completely forgot about calling Tristan back, that is, until I got a call about an hour later.

“Hey, are you home yet?”

“Oh, shit. I totally forgot to call you. I’m sorry. Yeah, I’m home.”

“It’s okay. Did you have a good time?”

“Yeah, I did. Thanks for asking.”

“Is it too late for me to ask if I can come over?”

I looked at the calendar over my bed, “I don’t work tomorrow, so you can if you want to. I was probably going to be up for a couple more hours anyway.”

“Okay, I’ll be over soon.”

When Tristan got to the apartment, we ended up watching the movie we had planned on watching earlier that night.

After the movie ended, he was getting up to go see if there was anything on TV that we wanted to watch when he noticed I was asleep. He smiled and carried me to the bedroom instead. Snuggling up to me, he whispered, “Goodnight, Cookie Bear, I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are amazing and would make mine and Andrew's day. Please and thank you :]