Status: Completed

Friction

Mind, Body, Soul

Kelly and I went out to get some coffee one day, about a week after we went out with our new friends Addy and Izzy. Coincidently, we ran into them while getting our coffee.
“Hey!” I said. I was excited to see my new friend.
“Hey,” she said back with a smile. “What’s up you guys?”
“Besides the obvious?” I asked. “Nothing, we were just trying to figure out what to do tonight after my shift at Starbucks. I get off at nine.” I said.
“Well, we should go out. I’m off work by then as well,” said Addy.
“Yeah, totally,” said Izzy.
“We can go to The Ruby,” I suggested. “I know you guys just went there last week, but it seemed fun and I wanted to go with you, I just couldn’t.”
“It’s cool. That sounds like fun. So is it a date?” asked Addy.
I looked to Kelly to confirm. She nodded yes, “Okay, so it’s a date. Why don’t’ we meet at The Ruby around ten?”
“Sounds like a plan,” said Addy. “Though, I’ll probably be there closer to ten thirty, it takes me a while to get ready.”
“Cool, then thirty, then,” I said.
We stayed for a while chatting over our coffees and then parted. As Kelly and I got home, Tristan was pulling up to our apartment building. I walked up to him and Kelly made her way to our apartment.
“This is a nice surprise,” I said kissing him on the cheek. He kissed me on my cheek in return.
“I thought we could spend some time together before you go to work this afternoon.”
“Sounds good, do you want some lunch? I could make some chicken Caesars,” I suggested.
“Mm, I’m starving. How about something more filling?” he said putting his arm around my shoulders as we walked into my building.
“Cheeseburgers?” I asked.
“Yes! I love your burgers,” said Tristan.
“I know. You always eat all of yours plus half of mine.”
“I can’t help it. Your burgers are just so delicioso,” he said with an accent.
We finally go to my door. Kelly left it wide open for us.
“Kelly!” I called. “I’m making burgers. Do you want one?” I asked.
Tristan sat on a stool by the kitchen counter and I went into the fridge for ingredients. Kelly came out from her room.
“Sure, as long as Tristan can keep his hands to his own food this time.”
“Scouts honor,” said Tristan with his two fingers up.
“I didn’t know you were a scout,” I said.
“I wasn’t. It was just the best promise I can come up with,” said Tristan with a wide smile.
“Well, since he was so sincere,” said Kelly sarcastically. “Yes, I would love a burger. I just can’t say no to your cooking.”

***

As we sat to eat, I thought I would mention that I was going out tonight. So, I did.
“So, Kelly and I are going out tonight with this new friend. We’re going to The Ruby. Do you want to come with us?”
“I don’t know. I might work tonight as well. What time?” he asked.
“Ten,” I answered.
“No, Addy said ten thirty, remember?” asked Kelly.
“Right, ten thirty,” I corrected myself.
“Did you say Addy?” asked Tristan.
“Yeah, do you know her?” I asked.
“N-No, I don’t know her.”
“Well, do you want to come out with us tonight?” I asked.
“No, don’t go out. Why don’t’ we spend the night here; just the two of us? Kelly can go out,” suggested Tristan.
“But I already told Addy that I would be going. I can’t cancel now,” I said.
“Please, it’s been so long since we’ve had a quiet night alone together,” he said rubbing the top of my hand.
“Well,” I turned to Kelly, “do you mind going by yourself?”
“No, I don’t mind. I’ll tell Addy you got preoccupied tonight,” Kelly answered.
“Sweet,” I turned to Tristan, “looks like it’s just you and me, kid.”
He smiled and then stretched over for a kiss.

***

Addy came into Starbucks during my shift that afternoon.
“Hey, I’m so psyched about tonight. I still don’t know what I’m going to wear,” she said with a smile as she approached the counter.
“Y-Yeah, about tonight,” I said.
“I don’t like the sound of that,” said Addy.
“Well, my boyfriend sort of planned this thing for us tonight and I feel bad, but I’m going to have to cancel, but Kelly is still up for it.”
“Okay, well, maybe next time,” she said with a pouty face.
“I’m sorry, Addy. Maybe we can try again later next week or later this month,” I suggested.
“Yeah, I just hate that something always comes up,” said Addy. “Oh, well,” she shrugged it off. “Can I get my usual?”
“Yeah, it’s on me.”
She smiled, “Thanks.”

***

I walked into my apartment, feet slightly burning from standing so long, and I saw Tristan relaxing on my couch. Kelly must have let him in.
“Did Kelly leave already?” I asked.
“You just missed her,” said Tristan.
“Ugh,” I groaned. “My feet are killing me.”
I plopped myself on the couch beside Tristan and he put his arm around me. I rested my head on his chest. Jinx, my black cat, purred up beside me and I started to stroke her coat.
“I guess work was tiring, huh?” he asked.
“Yup,” I answered. “Did you end up having to work?”
“No,” he answered.
“Wanna watch a movie?” I asked.
“How about something that requires more participation?” he asked.
I sat up and faced him; my mind and body were suddenly intrigued. I leaned in for a kiss and he put his hand on the back of my head. His touch felt rich and sinful. It sent a sensation through my body that cannot be described in words.
At the slightest sense of intense movement, Jinx was scared off the couch. Tristan stretched across the couch and I positioned myself on top of him. It was perfect. It was as if my body and his body were made to perfectly fit each other.
Tristan pulled out a condom from his jeans that were now on the floor. I smiled, and he smiled back. We made love. He spent the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)