‹ Prequel: Another Lost Highway

The Long Road

Her

After we had lunch, (which was absolutely delicious) we raced back home and started to get everything together. We all changed into different clothes and grabbed our instruments, which were still in the car. I sat back down in the lounge room and tried to tune my guitar. Once I was done, I jumped up and suddenly collided with someone. I blushed when I realised that I had nearly knocked Joey over.

'Sorry.' I muttered, trying not to look directly at Joey.

'It's cool. Harry's in the car - I think.' He stopped and looked me straight in the eyes. It was then I realised that we were standing close together. Much too close. I stepped back and quickly walked out of the room. Awkward much? Once again I was looking like the complete idiot! I had to remember that I was to only see Joey as a friend from now on. But would I be able to keep it up?

Meanwhile. . .

~Joey's P.O.V~

Leslie walked quickly out of the room, her face flushed. I sighed and sat on the couch. What was I doing? I was hoping for something that would never happen. Besides, she lived on the other side of the world. We would never survive a long term relationship. I can't even stay with a girl in the same town, let alone the same country!

The memories started flooding back. Of her. I shut my eyes and tried to think of something else, but it was hopeless. I truly thought I was over this relationship. It was only a year ago that I fell for this one chick. And I fell pretty deep. I didn't want another disaster. I just had to forget Leslie, before I hurt her feelings or something like that. But more importantly, before she hurt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short, but I will post up the next bit today!!!