‹ Prequel: Another Lost Highway

The Long Road

Screams

~Leslie's P.O.V~

He had found me.

Rowan's hand came down and grabbed a handful of my hair. I screamed as loud as I could as he pulled me up from behind the bush.

'Here you are, you little bitch!' he growled in my ear. I tried to scream louder, but he clamped a hand over my mouth. He dragged me through the hedge and towards the car, his fingers digging into my skin. I tried to struggle out of his grasp, but it was hopeless.

'Get in the car.' he whispered. I tried to struggle again, but Rowan just opened the door and threw me in the back. He slammed the door behind me and jumped into the driver's seat.

'Now, tell me where Armstrong lives.' Rowan demanded, fixing me with a steely gaze.

'And why would I tell you that?' I said boldly back. But I regretted those words instantly. Rowan reached over, grabbed my neck and squeezed tight.

'Because your life won't be worth living if you don't.' he growled as I chocked violently. I tried to gather my breath as I told him the address .

'Good girl!' Rowan said in a voice that sent shivers down my son. He started speeding down the street, turning around the corners dangerously. I just clung on for dear life.

'So Leslie, what's been going on since I last tried to kill you?' Rowan questioned in a casual voice as he clung onto the steering wheel, his knuckles white. I tried to speak, but there was a huge lump in my throat.

I really was going to die. Tonight.

'Come on kid, spill some beans, you haven't got long.' Rowan barked at me. I swallowed hard and tried to speak over the growling of the engine.

'I found my real dad.' I said nervously.

'Oh yeah?' Rowan responded, sounding as though he was having coffee with an old friend instead of attempting to murder me. 'Who's the poor bastard?'

I sat back a little. I didn't know wether to tell Rowan or not. But, the more I talked, the further away my fate seemed to be.

'It's Tre.' I responded.

Rowan suddenly put both his feet on the brakes. I almost flew through the windscreen as we stopped in the middle of a street. Rowan spun around to look at me, a sense of surprise clouding over his usual dark gaze.

'What? Tre is your father?' he asked in a disbelieving voice.

I nodded. 'Yes, he is.'

Rowan sat still for a few seconds before he started to giggle. He suddenly broke out into rocky laughs, a huge smile erupting onto his face as he sat back in his seat.

'That son of a bitch!' Rowan laughed, banging his fists on the wheel. 'That fucking son of a bitch Tre is!'

He turned back to me, a manic grin on his face. Still laughing, he unbuckled himself from the seat and climbed into the back. I tried to scream again, but he stoped me once again. He got car keys out of his pocket and locked the car. He took my face and began shaking madly, laughing all the while.

'That son of a bitch!' he giggled again, still shaking me. 'And I thought he was the only man I could trust!'

He breathing became laboured as he dug his nails into me once again. But then he suddenly stopped.

'Wait. I won't do anything to you now. No, not just yet.' Rowan released his grip on me and got back into his seat.

'Just wait till we get to Armstrong's. Then we can meet up with your Daddy and make him watch me rip you apart.'

He stepped on the gas and sped down the street again. All the while, I was not able to control my hysterical screams of terror.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would just like to thank everyone who has been commenting, it's really nice to get your feeback and stuff like that! I'll try and write another chapter soon-ish!