‹ Prequel: Another Lost Highway

The Long Road

Car Crash

~Tre's P.O.V~

We were getting absolutely nowhere as we followed the police cars round and round the same streets. I felt like my eyes were dripping slowly from their sockets, turning into a thick goo and dripping down my face. I was beginning to lose hope in finding Leslie, but I shook my head and gripped onto the wheel. I couldn't give up. Not just yet.

'Tre, we should head back.' Billie said quietly in my ear 'She's obviously not around here.'

'We can't go back! We have to keep going!' I persisted. But the reality of Billie's words were sinking in. Leslie could be anywhere by now. I slowly put my feet down on the brakes as the cars up ahead stopped. The officers got out and I sighed as they shook their heads at me. We would have to call it a night.

'Tre, don't try to worry.' Mike said, patting my shoulder.' I know Leslie will be able to take care of herself.' But I could hear the doubt even in Mike's voice. I sighed and leaned my head on the steering wheel. I had had completely and totally failed.

'She's just like her mom, isn't she?' Mike sighed sadly, leaning back in his seat. 'And just like you in some ways.' he added

I just kept my head on the wheel, staring at my feet. I didn't want Mike to see my stunned reaction.

'Yeah. . . well, I guess so.' I then could suddenly see Juliet's face come to my mind. I had hardly thought of her for years. I felt that old heartache for her as I thought of her. Why did life had to be such a bitch to me sometimes?

Suddenly, a low growling sound made me look up. It sounded very faint, but loud enough to hear it coming from outside. The cops had obviously noticed it too, because they were looking down the street.

'What is -' Joey began to ask, but soon, our question was answered. A silver car sped around the corner much too fast, and collided straight into the cop's car. The cops dived for cover just in time as the silver car rolled several times, before landing on it's side, extremely damaged. It had happened so suddenly and so quickly that I hardly had time to blink. I suddenly heard a voice screaming. A girl's voice.

Leslie.

I jumped out of the my car and sprinted towards the silver one. I got down on my knees and tried to see through the windscreen. It was none other than Rowan in the driver's seat, blood covering his face as he sat there unconscious. I thought my heart would skip a beat when I saw Leslie trapped in the back of the car. She also had blood covering her face.

'Tre! Tre, get me out!' Leslie yelled through the glass, trying to sound brave. Luckily, Billie, Mike, Joey and the cops were right behind me.

'Just stay calm, we'll get you out!' I yelled back to her. I turned to Billie. 'We'll just push it back onto the wheels.' I said, wanting to act fast.

We all jumped up and ran over to where we faced the roof of the car. We all gripped it, and we tried to pull it back up. We managed to lift up the roof and after a few excruciating moments, we couldn't push it over.

'Come on, come on!' I found myself muttering as I pushed of the car as hard as I could. Finally, the car rolled back onto it's right side. I ran around the other side and forced open the mangled passenger's door.

I reached in and grabbed Leslie's arms. I pulled her out of the wreckage, and she half fell half ran into my arms, hugging me tightly like a lifeline. I hugged her tightly back as a few sobs escaped her.

'Thank God your okay.' I sighed in Leslie's ear. I then pushed her back and studied her face. 'Are you hurt? Do you need any treatment? Did Rowan hurt you, because if he did-'

'Tre, he didn't, and I'm not that hurt, maybe some bruises, but that's it.' Leslie responded. But then she sighed and looked down at her feet.

'Tre, I'm so sorry that I went off, I shouldn't have yelled at you and I was being so stupid about it all and-'

I shook my head, making her stop. 'No, it was me. I really should have told you sooner, I really was so stupid back then.'

'Well how were you supposed to know? You thought I was Rowan's, that's all.' Leslie mumbled.

Billie, Mike and Joey came over and hugged Leslie too. The cops called up two ambulances and they seemed to come out of nowhere. Rowan was taken out of the car and put in one of the ambulances.

'So, how did Rowan get away from you guys anyway?' Mike questioned the cops as the ambulance sped back down the opposite street.

'Well, he was supposed to be taken to the detention centre a couple nights ago, but he must have gotten some back up.' one of the cops sighed. 'Well, do you need us to escort you home?'

'Nope, I think we've had enough excitement for at least one night.' Billie yawned.

The cops asked if we needed any treatment, but Leslie assured them she was fine. We all piled back into the car and we started to head back home as a tow truck was added to the scene.

I let Leslie sit on the front this time, while the others fell asleep in the back. Leslie nodded off as well, her arms still wrapped around my free arm. I smiled at her peaceful face as we made our way back up Billie's driveway at midnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't a fantastic chapter, but holidays are coming up next week fr me, so I promise to right a much better chapter next time!!! ;)