Majesty Castle

Chapter 2

The dinner table was full tonight as the entire Majesty clan filled the seats around it. The head of the table was empty as now the man who once filled that seat was dead and the main reason why they were all there together again.

While there were several conversations happening around the table one diner sat silently staring at his plate.

“You should try and eat something,” Zakk whispered to his son, Johnny. Johnny picked up his fork and stabbed it into the table defiantly displaying his anger even though his father had patiently asked him before they sat down to try and stay calm. Everyone around the table had turned their attention to Johnny and he immediately tensed up.

“Well, I’m full too!” Zakk said and stabbed his fork into the table just as his son did to take away some of the embarrassment.

“Me too!” Zacky, who was seated on the other side of Johnny, also stabbed his fork in the table. Everyone else went about their conversations while Johnny sat there staring down at his plate. Zacky, who was named after Zakk, was Johnny’s best friend.

Johnny was genuinely happy until two years ago. Something happened just before Matthew left and Johnny hasn’t spoken a word since. The happiness was replaced with anger and hostility. Zacky had tried on numerous occasions to talk to his friend about his sudden change, but he, like everyone else, was never given an answer. “No one here wants to hurt you,” Zacky whispered in his friend’s ear after putting his arm around his shoulder. Johnny turned his head to look at him in acknowledgement of his words, but all Zacky got as a response were eyes filled with pain.

Zakk and his wife, Candace had tried everything they could think of to get to the root of their son’s bout with anger and silence. They hired a psychiatrist, but even he wasn’t able to get through to Johnny. A servant was hired to watch over Johnny night and day. Etta’s job was a hard one. Taking care of Johnny was like taking care of a three year old with a bad temper. There were many occasions when he in fact assaulted her, but she had no choice, this was her job and she had to be there every day