Majesty Castle

Chapter 25

“You’re thinking again,” Luke spoke and then trailed his tongue along his lover’s bare shoulder.

Zacky turned onto his back and covered his face with his hands. When his arms fell back to the bed, he let out a long breath. “I don’t know what to do about Fawn.”

Luke propped himself up on one elbow and ran his finger down Zacky’s chest. “You’ve already taken care of the problem by getting rid of the little tramp.”

“The baby is mine, Luke.”

Luke kissed Zacky’s chest and rested his chin in the center with his eyes playfully looking up to meet Zacky’s. “Hmm, I guess that does present a problem, doesn’t it?”

“What the hell do you mean?” Zacky sat straight up in the bed and glared at Luke.

“Nothing babe, I just meant that it could be a problem for you if you want to see the baby. You know how vindictive females can be when cast aside.” He was lying through his teeth. He knew full well that the baby could mean the end of his relationship with Zacky. “Come on, don’t be upset.” Zacky moved to the edge of the bed and wrapped a sheet around his waist. Luke moved behind him and kissed his neck. “We’ve dealt with worse.”

“Yeah, I suppose,” Zacky nodded and got up off the bed. “I’m going to shower before dinner.”

“Want some company?”

“No, I need to think.” He left Luke sitting on the bed by himself thinking about how this baby was ruining everything he set in motion for him and Zacky.

*************

Allegra was just sitting up in the bed when Matthew walked into the room. “Hey, sleeping beauty,” he smiled.

“You let me sleep all afternoon,” she yawned and stretched her arms.

“I figured you needed the rest.” Matthew walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge. “Diner is almost ready. Do you want to come down to the dining room or eat up here?”

“Oooh miss a dinner with your ignorant mother and sexist father? I wouldn’t dream of it.”

Matthew laughed lightly at her comment. “ I guess the dining room it is. Do you want to get dressed? Not that I care if you eat in your robe. It’s up to you.”

Allegra sighed knowing that if she didn’t get dressed for dinner she would be opening Matthew up for rude comments from his parents and probably Peter too. “I like your robe, it’s fluffy and comfortable and warm, but I’ll dress for dinner. Don’t think you’re getting the robe back though.”

She got up off the bed and went to her closet while Matthew laughed. “I’ll buy you seven robes just like that one to wear every day of the week if would make you happy.” The words came out of his mouth before he even realized what he was saying. Allegra turned from her closet and looked at her husband. He was staring at her. Mesmerized by the way her messy hair hung loosely down her back. Even as she stood there disheveled from sleep, to him, she looked just lovely.

“I’ll just go wait in the study.”

Allegra nodded and watched her husband walk out of their bedroom. As she turned back to her closet, the feeling that guilt that plagued her started to grow. Her husband was trying and showing her that he could give marriage a chance. He was giving her a chance.

***********

“What’s wrong with you?” Matthew asked Brian as he approached him in the study. Brian was pacing back and forth and seemed to be deep in thought.

“Simone wants to leave.”

“What do you mean?”

Brian huffed and set his hands on his hips. “She wants to go find her real parents.”

Matthew arched an eyebrow as he looked at Brian.

“Yeah, and she’s being pretty hostel about it too. I don’t know how much longer I can keep her at the fort before she decapitates me.”

Now, it was Matthew who was pacing back and forth. The two men were silent for a few minutes until Matthew finally stopped pacing. “Let her go.”

“What?” Brian gave Matthew an incredulous look.

“You heard me. Let her go. You know as well as I do that when Simone sets her mind to something, she isn’t going to stop until she has her way. So, let her go.”

Brian shook his head unable to understand how Matthew could allow this.

“She needs the closure, Brian. She’s entitled to it.” Brian nodded still at a loss for words. Just the thought of Simone taking a trip by herself to a strange place was enough to make him cringe.

“I’m ready,” Allegra said from the doorway of the study and both men turned their attention to her.

“Yes, you are,” Matthew said low enough for her not to hear. The dress she wore was one she had made for herself. The cut was fitted and the neckline showed enough skin to make both Matthew and Brian blush. Her hair was still down, it was just tamed with the help of a hairbrush.

“Is something wrong?”

“No,” Matthew shook his head.

“Uh uh,” Brian swallowed hard as he and Matthew walked over to where she stood.

“Shall we?” Matthew smiled and extended his arm. She slipped hers through his and the three of them went to the dining room.