Majesty Castle

Chapter 32

When Matthew returned home, Allegra was already sound asleep. He smiled at the sight of her curled up on her side under the blankets. She’d gotten used to the idea of sharing a bed with him, but she wasn’t one to share the blankets. Allegra was indeed a blanket hog.

He laughed to himself as he started to remove his shoes. After stripping down to his boxers, he walked over to the bed and climbed in beside her. Allegra let out a sigh of content when he put his arm around her waist in an attempt at sharing the warmth of the blanket with her.

“Sweet dreams, love,” he whispered and kissed her temple before drifting off to sleep himself.

In the early hours of the morning, Allegra stirred when she heard noises in the room. It was still dark and she was alone in the bed.

“Matthew?”

She heard him walking across the room to the bed. “Go back to sleep, it’s very early,” he whispered as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Are you just getting home?”

“No, I am leaving again for a bit. When I got home last night, you were already asleep.”

She frowned at the thought of not being awake when he got home. She was looking forward to the kiss he promised her. “I could make you breakfast.”

Matthew smiled and kissed her forehead. “Thank you, but that’s not necessary.”

“I could run a bath for you.”

“I’ve already had one,” he smiled again.

“Well, I could…”

“Allegra, go back to sleep. I shouldn’t be late tonight, maybe you can help me unwind when I get home.”

“Ok.”

“Good,” he said as he got up off the bed and went into the bathroom to get dressed. When he came back out of the bathroom, Allegra was sitting up in bed with a candle burning on the table. “You’re supposed to be sleeping.”

“I wanted to make sure you didn’t hurt yourself in the dark, so I lit a candle for you.”

“Thank you,” he nodded. When she yawned he walked over to the bed and sat down again. “Lie down.”

She did as he told her resting her head on the pillow and looking up at him. She yawned again as he pulled the covers up over her. “Matthew?”

“Yes.”

“Could I take Nightmare for a ride today?”

He leaned forward bracing an arm on each side of her. “Yes, sweetheart, you can take Nightmare for a ride when ever you want. Just be careful.” He pecked a quick kiss on her lips and sat back up and took out his wallet from his pocket.

“I have a little task for you today if you are up for it.”

“Ok”

Matthew took out a piece of paper and set it down on the bedside table. “I want you to go to the address on that paper. It’s one of the finest dress shops around. They’ll be expecting you. I want you to pick out the prettiest party dress you can find. Don’t worry about the price, the owner has already been told to spare no expense and charge everything to my account. Once you’ve picked out your dress, I expect you to find shoes that match. After you are done, if there is anything else in the store that strikes your fancy, be sure and tell the owner to have it packed up for you. Whatever you want Allegra.”

“Why do I need a new party dress?”

“For a party, of course. At the end of the week, on Friday, there is to be a birthday party.”

“Oh how fun! Who is it for?”

“It’s Peter’s birthday. He isn’t much for parties, but Jimmy insisted. I know you are afraid of Peter, but I promise you’ll be busy having too much fun to notice he is the guest of honor.”

“Thank you for the dress. I’ll save a dance for you,” she yawned.

“I hope you’ll save more than one for me,” he winked at her and kissed her again. “I have to go, baby.” Another light peck on the lips and he stood up off the bed. After he blew out the candle, he grabbed his jacket off the chair and left.

Later in the day…

Allegra waited in the hall for someone to answer the door she had just knocked on. James answered finally and looked a little bit disheveled. Allegra blushed realizing what she had just interrupted. “I’m sorry, I can come back later.”

“Nope,” he shook his head. “You’re here now, come in.”

“I’m really sorry. I seem to always have the worst timing,” she said as she walked through the doorway.

Nina came out of the bathroom after freshening up and sat on the chair. James walked over to the chair and stood behind her. “So, what is the reason for your really bad timing?” He was joking and Nina slapped his hand playfully.

“Well, I would like to ask Nina to accompany me today. I have to pick out a party dress for Friday and I haven’t the slightest idea what to pick. I could use another woman’s opinion.”

James looked down at Nina waiting for her reply. “I think it sounds like fun,” she said.

“Then who am I to deny you the right to have fun? Go and while you are there, you may as well participate in the fun and pick out a dress of your own.”

Nina stood from her chair and turned around to face him. “A new dress?”

“A new dress,” he nodded. “Have the shop owner charge it to my account. Go crazy, have fun with it, buy yourself whatever you like.”

“Really?”

He stepped from behind the chair and grabbed her hand. “Really, go have a great time.”

Nina hugged him as tightly as she could manage. “Thank you.”

“Thank me later,” he winked.

James pulled her jacked out of his closet and slipped it over her shoulders. She turned around to face him and he kissed her. “I’ll see you later.” He then turned his gaze to Allegra. “And as for you missy, don’t get into any trouble and if you do, don’t get caught.”

“Don’t get caught! Got it!”

“Good, now go before I change my mind and talk you both into a threesome.”

Both girls laughed as they ran out the door. James shook his head and laughed to himself. If Nina was happy, he was happy.
**************

“Was that Fawn I saw walking in the garden?” Luke walked into the study taking off his jacket and laying it across the back of a chair.

“Yes, my wife is home.” Zacky was watching her from the window as she picked flowers.

“I’m a little surprised.”

Zacky turned around to face him. “Why is that?”

“I don’t know, maybe it was the infidelity. I would have thought you’d be a little less forgiving.”

Zacky turned back to the window, but Fawn was already walking back towards the kitchen entrance. “Considering the fact that my wife is carrying my child, I’d say it’s in my best interest to be forgiving.”

“I suppose, your right.” He stepped behind Zacky and placed his hands on his hips. When he kissed Zacky’s neck, Zacky closed his eyes. For the first time, he was repulsed by Luke’s show of affection, but he had to play along with it until he prove that Luke created the scene with Nikki and Fawn. “How about we go upstairs and spend some time alone?”

Zacky nodded and turned around following Luke upstairs to the bedroom.

***************

James and Matthew were in the study when they heard the girls return from their shopping trip. Their giggles echoed throughout the foyer and both men couldn’t help smiling at the sound. Allegra was first to walk through the door of the study with Nina following closely behind.

“You’re home,” Allegra said to Matthew as Nina crossed the room and walked right into the arms of James.

“I told you I wouldn’t be late,” he smiled. “I take it you two had a great time.”

Allegra set her bags down and walked over to stand in front of him. “Oh it was so much fun! Like playing dress up! I tried on the most amazing dresses and we had Champagne and the bubbles tickled my nose.” He crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow at her. She was so excited she could hardly get a breath in between words.

“Then we had these cute little cakes with chocolate on top and tried on shoes and they fixed my hair and treated us like we were princesses!”
“Well, I thought I was hyper when I had too much sugar,” James said.

Matthew laughed and set his hands on Allegra’s shoulders. “Did you buy a dress?”

“Yes, and shoes too! I can’t wait to wear them for you.”

Neither one had noticed that James slipped Nina out of the room and left them alone. “Have I missed dinner? I’m starving.”

“I’m afraid so,” he sighed.

“Oh, well that’s ok I can just have some fruit or something, I guess.”

“Now that won’t do.”

Allegra looked up at him as he put his arms around her waist and kissed her. “I had Pippa save two plates. I wanted to have dinner with my wife.”

“Thank you,” she blushed.

“Shall we,” he said as he extended his arm for her to take. When she slipped her arm through his, he led her out of the study and into the kitchen. They ate together as Allegra recalled her day for him. There were little fits of laughter, stolen kisses in between bites of food and secret glances over dessert and coffee. Johnny had told him by way of Zacky that Allegra had never had a date and without her knowing, that’s what Matthew was giving her.