Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Fourteen

Draco Malfoy sat in his room with his face in his hands. What the hell did I just do? He got up and began to pace around the room, trying to think of a way to make this better, but the more he walked back and forth the more aggravated he got. He picked up one of Blaies's books and threw it across the room. As it hit the wall a folded piece of parchment fell out. Draco went to picked it up, and unfolded it.

Dear Blaise,
I miss you, too. I hope that we can see each other soon. I know you said in your
last letter that maybe Draco had a point, but why should you listen to him? He doesn't know what he's
talking about. And if you're going to break up with anybody, make sure it's her. I don't care if I'm not your only girlfriend, but I have to admit: I'm a little jealous. Love you.
-Violet

The date at the top of the letter stated that this had just been written three days before and everything about the letter made Draco want to kill Blaise; the fact that he hadn't broken up with Violet, the purple slanty handwriting, the way she talked about him like he was an idiot. Draco sat down in a chair near his bed and read the letter over and over again until Blaise walked in.

"Hey-Um...you okay? You look kinda pissed..."said Blaise, trailing off when he saw the letter in Draco's hand.

"What the hell is this?" asked Draco.

"Come on. You're really gonna start this again?" Blaise said this confidently enough, but he looked scared.

"You know, it's not even the fact that you cheating now. It's the fact that you're my best friend and you promised me, that you had broken up with this slut and you lied to me. That really shows how much I can trust you."

"Draco, I may have changed in my opinions, but it doesn't mean that I've changed my lifestyle. It's not like me and Hermione would have lasted forever or something."

"Really? And you think you and Violet will? And just because your not serious about Hermione, doesn't mean she's not serious about you."

"So what are you gonna do? Show her the letter? You know that would kill her."

"Yes, but it would hurt her more to find out later."

"You sure about that?" said Blaise right as Draco had his hand on the door knob. He paused and began to think. Deep down Draco wasn't sure whether he should be doing this or not; whether he was the right person to tell her. But he knew that it was right.

"Yeah, I am," and with that he left.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Five minutes later, Draco had not managed to find Hermione but Ginny, who was the next best thing.

"Ginny, do you know where Hermione is?"

"No," she said curtly.

"Listen, I know you knew where she was this morning and I know you know where she is now."

"So, why should I tell you?"

Draco handed Ginny the letter and she read over it. "You were telling the truth," she said in almost a whisper,"I knew it."

"What?"

"This morning Hermione told me about everything you said. I told her that I wouldn't exactly put it past Blaise and she got mad at me. We made up after the um incident this morning," Ginny said glaring at Draco," but she still doesn't believe me. I'll go get her. Stay here"

A few minutes later, Draco could here Hermione arguing with Ginny down the corridor.

"I don't understand why I have to come down here," she said to Ginny.

The look on Hermione's face when she turned the corner showed that Ginny had not told her who she'd be talking to.

"Uh...I'm gonna go upstairs," said Ginny awkwardly,"Come back up when you need me."

"What do you mean 'when I need you'?"

"You'll see," said Ginny, before giving her friend a hug and walking away.

Draco couldn't find the words to tell Hermione what had happened, so he just handed her the letter this time. Tears began to well up in Hermione's eyes.

"You were telling the truth," Hermione said before breaking down and falling into Draco. Draco was so surprised be this that he almost stepped back and let Hermione fall. He guided her over towards the wall. and got her to sit down. Luckily, this corridor was deserted so no one would be coming near them.

"I'm sorry," said Hermione.

"What do you have to be sorry for? If anyone should be sorry in this situation it should be Blaise."

"I don't know. I guess just for not believing you."

"Listen, Hermione. Blaise is an ass and he doesn't deserve you. You're an amazing person and you could do so much better than him."

"You really mean that," said Hermione, looking up at Draco.

"Yes. I do. You need to find someone that really cares about."

"I don't know. I don't feel like there's anyone in the world who's like that right now."

Draco thought for a moment and then made his decision. "I know someone like that."

"Oh yeah? Who?" questioned Hermione.

"Me."

Hermione just sat there, staring at him for a few moments, before finally, they kissed. It was just like the dream, except they weren't fighting and it was better. When they first pulled away Hermione was smiling, but her expression changed rather quickly. She almost looked scared.

"Um...I-I think I gotta go," said Hermione and she ran off back to her dorm, where she would no doubt tell Ginny all about what happened.

Draco couldn't help but wonder what he had done wrong this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! I hope you liked this chapter. They're finally together...well kinda. Remember to comment :)