Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Sixteen

Draco was able to make it back to the Slytherin common room, but then fell into a chair with his face in his hands. He couldn't even believe what he had just seen. He would have been better off just not going to tell Hermione how he felt. But at least now he knew how she felt. Even though he didn't like it. Hermione and Ron were together. Draco was too late. He knew he should have gone to her sooner. If only he could have heard what they were saying. Why did Hermione look so confused when he had kissed her? He wouldn't have just randomly done that out of the blue, would he? He wasn't that stupid. They had to have been together a while. It just must have not seemed like it.

"Draccy? What's wrong, hun?"

Draco looked up to see Pansy in front of him. Yeah, that's just the person he wanted to see.

"Uhh...it's nothing Pansy, go back to bed."

"No, come on. You can tell me," she purred, trying to seduce Draco into telling her. It's amazing how after all these years she was never going to figure out that doing that never actually worked.

"Seriously, Pansy, just go the hell back upstairs."

Pansy came over to Draco and sat on his lap. "Okay," she said,"I'll go back upstairs. Wanna come?"

Draco was just about to to push Pansy off his lap, but then a thought popped into his head: Hermione was obviously done with him so shouldn't he be able to have a little fun? Before he could think about all the negatives of his decision, he picked up Pansy and carried her to her room, all the time trying to imagine that it was Hermione.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Draco woke up the next morning in a daze. At first he was confused by his surroundings, but then the events of the night before came back to him, along with the disappointment. He looked around, taking in Pansy's room. He hadn't exactly looked around last night. He became aware of that fact that everything was very pink. The second thing he realized was that Pansy was no where in sight. But he didn't really care. He looked down. He was shirtless, but his pants were still on. That was good.

"Hi there Draccyyyy," Draco suddenly heard from behind him.

"Um...hi Pansy. Have you seen my shirt?"

"Yeah, it's in front of you," she said, pointing to herself.

He hadn't noticed, but she was wearing it.

"Yeahh...Pansy I didn't do anything that...you know...I would regret or anything did I? And I would like my shirt back, please."

"Why would you regret anything you do with me? I'm hot. And I think I like you better without it," she said, winking at him.

"Pansy," Draco said, trying to be more stern this time," Give me my friggin' shirt and answer the question."

"Here," she said giving him the shirt," And no, you didn't do anything you would 'regret'. After you said Hermione instead of Pansy I was kind of turned off and I realized how pointless it was to keep chasing you when you love her."

"Listen, don't tell anyone about all of this. Especially Hermione."

"Yeah...do you realize you talk in your sleep? I caught the gist of everything that happened with her."

"Pansy, please, I'm begging you, please do not tell anyone."

"I know what it's like to want someone you can't have. I promise that I won't say anything...but..."

Draco sighed. "But what?"

"But I might be able to help you out," she said with a coy smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been soo long. And I'm sorry this chapter was kinda boring. But I really really promise to write more often now.