Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Twenty Two

Everyone just stood there for a second. Harry had his hands out as if he was still holding the plate of food he dropped. Ron kept looking from Hermione to Draco to Ginny. Draco was still hunched over next to Hermione while Ginny was looking between Ron and Draco as if she were waiting for a fight to break out. Hermione felt as if she was about to be sick.

"What is going on out here," exclaimed Madam Pomfrey as she came out of her office.

But one look at the broken dishes and food splattered across the floor answered her question. She opened her mouth as if she were about to say something, but before she could Ron stormed out of the room.

Madam Pomfrey went screaming after him and Ginny followed. That left Harry, Draco, and Hermione. Harry was still standing in the doorway. You could practically cut the tension in the room with a knife.

Draco coughed uncomfortably, which seemed to get Harry out of his shocked stupor.

"So...you two...you're together then," he asked cautiously, as if he didn't really want to know the answer but was only being polite.

Hermione was surprised that he was even talking to her.

"You're not mad?"

"Hermione," he said, taking a seat at the end of her bed, "You're my best friend, but that doesn't mean I can tell who you can and can't be with. Whether I like it or not, I'll support you. I can't speak for Ron though.

Hermione looked down at her hands and sighed. She knew that Ron wasn't going to be civil about this, but maybe if she had Harry on her side, he would be more reasonable.

"Look," she said, 'I'm not asking you two to become best friends. All I'm asking is for you to be civil towards each other."

Harry and Draco both looked at each other closely for a second. First Harry snorted. Then Draco. Then they both burst into a fit of laughter. In fact, it seemed as if the couldn't stop. Hermione didn't see what was even remotely funny about what she said. She was being reasonable enough. She was actually quite angry that they both seemed to find it so funny. They both continued to laugh as if someone had just told the world's funniest joke.

"Oh, don't mind me," said Hermione testily.

As they both began to regain control of themselves, Draco wrapped his arm around Hermione.

"Would you like to explain, or shall I," said Draco to Harry.

"What are you talking about," asked Hermione.

"I'll start it off," said Harry.

Hermione looked quizzically between the two of them.

"You see, a few days after the start of term, Dumbledore called Malfoy and I up to his office. He said that it was important that we make amends since all of this was over. He thought it was important that we both got over old grudges."

"Neither of us were to keen about it at first," said Draco, "But finally Dumbledore convinced us it was for the best."

At this Hermione raised her eyebrows at Draco. She had always known how he thought of Dumbledore, and she couldn't have disagreed with him more. This was why she found it so strange that Draco had been so agreeable.

"Oh don't get me wrong," he said, answering the look on her face, "I still think he's insane. But he is some what brilliant, no matter what my father has said in the past. Anyway, Potter and I walked out of there and decided it was better off if we just pretended like the little meeting had never happened. Yes, we still act horrible towards each other. But neither of us really means it anymore."

"It just saved us a lot of questioning from either of our houses," said Harry.

"Why didn't you tell me," she asked Draco.

"Well, I knew eventually you were going to have to tell Potter about us or he was going to find out. I just wanted to see the look on his face."

They started to laugh, but seconds later Madam Pomfrey came stalking back into the room, Ron and Ginny in tow,

She looked at the floor, which was now clean, and then at Harry.

"Well at least one of you has the manners to clean up after himself."

She gave a nasty glare at Ron and the walked back to her office muttering something about the dangers of broken dishes. A deafening slam of her office door sounded around the room.

She was obviously unaware that Hermione had cast a spell to clean up the dishes, but it was probably better of she thought Harry did it anyway,

Ginny returned to her original spot next to Hermione, but Ron just stood there staring.

"So you're just okay with this then, are you," said Ron.

He was looking at Harry.

"Ron-" he began.

"Save it," he said, rolling his eyes. He began to walk away, but Ginny stopped him.

"Ron," she hissed.

"Don't you start with me," he said, barely even stopping to look back at her.

"Ron," said Hermione,"Please just listen to me."

"Why," he said sharply,"So you can tell me how you've been shacking up with Mafloy? No thanks."

Draco looked as if he were about to shout at Ron, but Ginny beat him to it.

"Ronald Weasly, you apologize right now," said Ginny in tone that almost scarily reminded Hermione of Mrs. Weasly.

Apparently Ron thought so also.

"You're not Mum," he said, narrowing his eyes at her, "So don't act like you are."

He walked out the Hospital WIng, somehow more angry than before, which seemed almost impossible.

Hermione sighed inwardly.

"What am I going to do with him?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! Please comment and subscribe :)