Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Twenty Four

As for the fact that no body seemed to be able to figure out what spell had been used on Hermione, she had to stay in the Hospital Wing for the rest of the week to see whether there would be any lasting effects of the spell. Different people would come to visit her daily and she had even gotten a letter from her parents wishing for her speedy recovery, but Ron had still not come to see her since the incident with Draco.

"How's Ron," Hermione asked one night as she was talking to Ginny. It was late, and Harry and Draco had already gone back to their common rooms.

"Angry," she said, "He's very quiet. He won't even look at me, let alone talk to me, and he only talks to Harry when he has to. He switched potions partners so that he wouldn't have to be with Draco, which is unfortunate since Draco was going to try and smooth things out with him. Maybe it was for the best though. I don't think Ron would have liked that much. It's not pretty Hermione, not at all."

"I just don't understand," said Hermione, completely exasperated, " He wouldn't even listen to what I had to say!" As mad as Hermione was with Ron, she did miss him terribly. Ron had been one of her best friends since they were first years.

"Listen," said Ginny, "You and I both know that Ron doesn't think rationally. Especially when he has feelings for someone. Look at how he embarrassed himself in front of all of those people when he asked Fleur out that one time."

Hermione did not want to hear about Ron's feeling for her anymore. Hearing those words only made the situation more confusing than it already was. The thing was, Ron didn't even tell Hermione he had feelings for her; he just went out and kissed her. It took her by surprise. And even though she had known of Ron's feelings ever since then, she had never imagined that they were this strong.

"He knows I don't feel that same way. He's known that for a while."

"Hermione, I think you should know better than anyone that you can't help who you fall for. How feelings can't just go away."

Ginny was right, Hermione knew that. But Ron's feelings for Hermione could never match the love that Hermione had for Draco. It was different.

"Shouldn't he just be happy to see me happy?"

Ginny took this into consideration.

"Draco's his worst enemy," she stated simply.

"Well I didn't throw a fit when I saw Draco with Pansy."

"It was a different situation Hermione. You're a different person. For one thing, you knew that Draco wasn't happy. Face it: Ron is never going to be happy when you're in the arms of the boy he hates more than anyone."

Hermione looked at the floor feeling defeated, sad, and angry. Ginny was right.

Hermione was torn. Hermione loved Draco more than she could ever think possible, but Ron was her best friend. Ron was never going to be happy while she was with Draco.

The question was, would she be able to keep both of them? The answer came to her quickly. No, no she wouldn't.

But Hermione had always been persistent and she would sure as hell try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day, big come back on my part. :) Hoped you guys liked them!

Comments would be nice :)