Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Seven

"Um...sorry," said Hermione awkwardly to Harry and Cho. "Er...I'll let you two...be alone." Hermione darted away and up the stairs. What she had just seen had upset her deeply. How was she supposed to tell Ginny? How would Ginny react? Would Ginny already know before Hermione told her? Would Harry and Cho walk in holding hands and happy while Ginny sat there miserably alone? I can't let her sit there alone...I have to go back down there and support her. Hermione turned around and quickly walked back down the stairs. All she could hope was that Harry and Cho hadn't already walked into the Great Hall; a happy couple. Hermione was now practically running down the stairs taking them two by two. She was barley watching where she ws going and barreled right into someone.

"We seem to keep meeting like this," she heard a familiar drawl say. Though it didn't sound as obnoxious as usual. It seemed more kind, like he was smiling. Hermione looked up to see Draco Malfoy's hand reaching down to help her up. Hermione ignored the kind gesture, pushing herself up from the ground. As she became level with him she could swear she had seen hurt gleam in his dark gray eyes but a second later it seem to have vanished.

"In a bit of a hurry?" he asked. Hermione tried to measure the seriouness of his question.She couldn't tell wether he was mocking her or wether he was really just plain curious. He looked inoccently curious enough....

"Yes. A bit," said Hermione curtly. She made a quick attempt to dart around him. She knew before she had even moved though that he wasn't going to let her go.

"Why do you hate me so much?" he asked.

"Hmmmm...let's think," said Hermione sarcastically," you were a death eater, you hate my two besfriends, your an arrogant ass, and...hmmmm...what was that last thing...oh yea! You call me a mudblood almost everyday!" Malfoy simply stood there. He looked asIf he was thinking over every single word she said. Untangling them inside his head. Hermione madeanother attempt to leave. He didn't try to stop her this time but before she was in two steps down she was halted by complete shock.

"Hermione, I'm sorry," he said. Hermione slowly truned around, confused. She didn't even know what to say. She simply stood there looking at the floor. She could feel Malfoy's eyes on her, waiting for a response.

"Um...I'm sorry I-I really don't know what to say though," Hermione said, feeling defeated. Malfoy nodded, seeming like he understood. Hermione walked away though instead of going down to the Great Hall she made her way up to her dorm.

"Hey! I thought you were going down to the Great Hall?" he said from behind her. He looked completly confused.

"Um-I-I changed my mind-forgot-I wanted-to-um-get some studing d-done," she could tell she was stuttering horribly.She then turned around and ran to the Gryfinndor common room.
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Hermione sat down in a chair by the fire of the Gryffindor common, trying to get her thoughts straight. Luckily, everyone was still down at breakfast, so Hermione had the whole common room and all it's silence to herself. She couldn't seem to establish wether what had just happened was real or not. There were two things that had shocked Hermione most though and those were at the very front of her mind. The first was the fact that in a very odd way her Malfoy seemed to have some sort of connection and understanding that Hermione wasn't sure she trusted. The second and possibly most shocking thing was that Malfoy had not called her "mudblood" or "granger" as he typically would have, but instead called her Hermione. Hermione was deep in thought when Ginny walked in.

"Ginny! Im sorry I wanted to come back into the Great Hall but then something happened and I nee-" Hermione stopped midsentece. Ginny didn't look sad or upset; she looked completly joyful. "What are you so happy about?" she asked, completly bewildered.

"Dean asked me out!" she said, taking a seat next to Hermione. "He came up to me after you left and asked if I wanted to go out with him! Ron didn't look to pleased with it, but who cares really?" said Ginny laughing.

"Ginny! That's so amazing! But...what about Harry?" Hermione dreaded bringing it up but she was very curious.

"Well, he seems to be into Cho now doesn't he?" she said. Even through happiness Hermione could see the slight gleam of sadness in Ginny's eyes.

"So there definetly together?"

"He's says there trying it out as friends first," said Ginny, putting air quotes around friends," but I don't really buy into that too much."

"Yea, well I guess we'll just have to see. I personally don't think it will last though. Thier not good for eachother. Cho's still an emotional wreck and Harry just can't handle that much. I don't think anybody really could. Even her friends seemto be a bit disgusted with her this year."

"Yup. We'll just have to wait and see. So you said something happend...?" asked Ginny

"Um yea. With Malfoy." said Hermione. Ginny's mouth made a perfect little O. "Nothing like that," said Hermione, knowing exactly what Ginny was thinking. Hermione told Ginny all about what had just happned. And as she was telling the story the same feeling crept over her that she had on the train. Nothing was normal so far this year. And not just for her. And nothing seemed like it was ever going to be normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters or places from the Harry Potter book series. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I do own the plot of this story though plus the dialouge and title name. I also own the charcters Violet Morgan, James Dotry, and Lizzie Macison.

I will always keep posting but just be patient with me. It's starting to get to the end of the school year for me and it might get a liitle harder for me to post. I promise you that I'll keep it going though!