Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Eight

"Listen, Hermione, maybe you just need to relax. Try to get him out of your mind?" siad Ginny. I knew she was only trying to help but I couldn't help but get slightly aggravted with her. What did think I'd been trying to do since we got here?

"Ginny! I've been trying! But it's not just that easy! He keeps popping up everywhere and now it's not just in my dreams but in real life too." She knew she probably sounded nuts. Maybe Ginny was right. Maybe Hermione needed to try harder.

"Well I know that you have been trying but I mean have you really? Besides Baise what have you got to distract you from it. In a way, I don't blame you for not being able to get it off your mind. The school work really isn't that bad yet and it's too early in the school year for gossip to start going around. There's absolutly nothing to distract you from it."

"Yeah. Well...I know some gossip that's going to start going around. You and Dean?" I said, smiling at her. Her face lit up the moment I mentioned it. "Tell me everything"

Even girl talk with Ginny couldn't seem to get this off Hermione's mind. When Ginny had finished her whole story Hermione stood up.

"Ginny I think I need to go for a walk," she said.

"Hermione. I'm telling you: the more you think ab-"

I cut Ginny off," My mind hasn't had time to process what just happened yet. I need to think about it a little before I try to avoid it."

"Well okay if you insist," said Ginny, though she still seemed to dislike the idea.
*.*.*.*.*
Hermione walked out to the grounds her mind buzzing. It was beautiful sunny day. People were just beggining to come outside. Hermione went to the tree that Harry, Ron and herself usually sat at on days like this. She still couldn't quite figure out why Malfoy would have aplogized. Had Blaise said something to him, making him apologize? Or had it just been him mocking her in his own crude way? I small thought flashed across Hermione's mind. Maybe he meant the apology. The thought fled Hermione's mind as quickly as it had come. Draco Malfoy didn't just randomly apologize to people he'd been mean to his whole life. It wasn't his style. Hermione then saw Blaise walk out onto the grounds. She waved at him and told him to sit down.

"Long time no see," he said smiling. He had a truly gorgeous smile.

"Hey," she said back. Hermione had actually called him over here to ask if he had said something to Malfoy but didn't have the courage to ask. Finally she got it out but so quickly that Baise couldn't understand her.

"Did you make Malfoy apologize to me?"

"No," he said, a slight look of shock on his face.

"Hmmm...that was really the only explanation I could think of," I went back into deep thought.

"Well, I mean," he said," I never actually asked...but he may have done it for me come to think of it."

"What?" I asked. I was extremly confused.

"Well you see...I told him I like you... a lot."

I blushed. I may have only known Blaise for a few days, but I knew I liked him.

"I like you too." I said sheepishly.

"Well in that case," he said," Hermione Granger, will you go out with me?"

"Yes."

He hugged me tight to his chest. The eerie feeling that had filled her body earlier faded away as new more overpowering washed over: the feeling that nothing in the world could ever go wrong. Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. It's supposed to be a Draco and Hermione love story. But it has to have it's twists, right? Belive me. It's going to get very interesting.