Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Nine

Draco walked outside to the grounds of Hogwarts. He could have sworn that he had seen Blaise walk out here, but now he couldn't seem to find him. He walked around a bit, looking, but when he finally found him, he wished that he had never come out to look. What he saw made his draw drop- Blaise had his arm around Hermione Granger. He knew that Blasie had said he liked her but...he didn't think he'd ever ask her out. Hid stomach dropped to his knees. He felt horrible all of the sudden; like someone had just hit him in the head with a baseball bat. He couldn't think, not out here at least, where he'd have to watch her look at his best friend lovingly. As quickly as possible Draco ran into the castle and down to the dungeons. Draco had finally been able to admit to himself that he liked Hermione Granger, the girl he had despised for years, and Blasie decides to get to her first. The feeling of disappointment disappeared, but was almost at once replaced with rage. 'How can he do this to me? How can he betray me like this?' Draco thought. In a way Draco knew the things he was thinking weren't fair. He never told Blaise that he liked Hermione. But since when was Draco Malfoy fair? 'Wait a second. Blasie has-' before Draco could even finish his thought though, Blasie walked into the door with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey! Guess What?" he said.

"Oh, what!?" said Draco sarcastically. Out of the corner of his eye Draco saw Blaise give him a weird look, but he just ignored it. He'd know soon enough why Draco was pissed.

"Um...I asked Hermione out! And she actually said yes!"

"Oh that's just wonderful!," said Draco, slightly raising his voice," What next? You gonna propose? Get married? Ride away on a hippogriff?"

"What the bloody hell is your problem?" Blaise asked.

"What's my problem?! Like you don't know!!!" Draco knew that he was once again being very unfair, but he didn't care anymore.

"Listen, ok? I have no clue what you talking about! You maybe want to explain?" asked Blaise, almost looking scared. Once again, Draco could care less.

"How could you ask her out?!?!"

"Ok, if this is some of your stupid prejudice again Draco, I told you-"

"This isn't about my stupid prejudice!!"

"Then what the hell is it about! I come in here telling you something that basically made my day, and now you freakin trying to ruin it!!!!"

"You know what then?! FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF!!! How bout that?" Suddenly the thought Draco had been having earlier popped into his head. "Whoa, wait a second. Don't you have a girlfriend? Violet or something? Violet Morgan?"

"So?"

"Well...did you break up with her?"

"No...where you going with this?"

"Are you planning on breaking up with her?"

"No..."

"So your going to cheat on her with Hermione? And vice versa?"

"Well, Violet doesn't actually care...so...."

"So, your cheating on Hermione?"

"Well you make it sound bad when you say it like that."

"Cause it is!!!!! This would kill her!" Blaise just stood there. "She thinks your a good guy! I thought you were a good guy!"

"Listen it's no bid deal. It's not like you wouldn't do it."

"I wouldn't! I might not be a really "good guy" but I could never do that"

"Yeah. Right. Ok Draco. Is this why you were so pissed earlier?"

At this Draco exploded. He grabbed the collar of Blisse's robes and put him up against a wall. "No actually that's not why I was mad earlier, but you just seem to keep making it worse on yourself."

"Why do you even care? You don't even like her!" Suddenly a look of complete understanding washed over Blaise's face. "Wait...you do like her!! You want to be with her instead of me!" He laughed.

"Listen this doesn't get out. But unless you break it off with Violet, my wand might just slip. And believe me, your my best friend. I don't want to hurt you. But if I have to knock some sense into you I will."

"Wait. Wouldn't you want me to break up with Hermione? So you could have her to yourself?"

"I'd rather have her be happy. Promise me."

"Whatever."

Draco shoved him harder into the wall. "PROMISE ME!"

"FINE. I'll break up with Violet!! I promise. Your right! OK? I'm being stupid!"

"I swear if you lying..." said Draco, putting Blase back to the ground and releasing his grip.

"I promise," he said, " Your right. I'm being an ass."

"OK. That's more like."

They both laughed as if nothing had just happened. Draco still had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach though. He was going to have to keep a close eye on him. If the old Blaise was coming out again...well Draco didn't want to think about that. Blaise had been sticking to his change for a good three years but...no. There was no way. That Blaise was gone. He wasn't coming back...at least that was what Draco was going to tell himself. That's all he could do. Because the old Blaise...well to put it in the nicest way...he wasn't nice. He was Draco times one hundred. Draco was the one who had to make him change. That one time he had almost gone to far. Who knows what would have happened if Draco had not gotten there...And he had made so much progress since then. Maybe too much progress. He didn't even seem like a Slytherin anymore. But he was still Draco's best friend. No. That Blaise wasn't coming back...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... Interesting? haha sorry for the delay. I've super busy! Thanks for reading!