Status: Completed

I've Got All This Fame, and None of It Matters

02- I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears (And None On My Fingers)

A couple years had passed by since Patrick had spoken Lexi. He had heard that she finally moved back to her native New York. The band had gotten bigger since their third album came out. He was currently on his way to a signing session with the rest of the band at FYE.

Patrick sat back in the van and ignored the others as they were playing with their phones. He just watched the scenery of the city go by.

"We're here!" Joe said lazily as he stretched while yawning.

Andy, Pete and Joe all jumped out first and the fans started screaming. Girls flung themselves against the red velvet ropes, restraining them along with police to keep them away from Fall Out Boy.

Patrick just kept his head low as he walked behind the others to the store. Once inside, they were directed to the back where they were thanked for making it and took a few photos with the employees of the shop.

After that they were escorted out to the store again, and were seated at a table where they would be signing autographs. Patrick took a seat next to the end and opened up his Sharpie pen.

Girls were screaming, and some were crying as they had their FOB memorobilia signed. And there were a few who took pictures with them.

Patrick honestly loved his fans, but sometimes it all just got to him. All the screaming, the never ending flashes from thousands of cameras, and constant, "I love you guys so much." It all just got tiring sometimes, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He loved his fans, without them he wouldn't be where he is right now.

After the line started to thin out, they began taking group shots with their fans. Patrick's eyes began to feel as though he had been looking at the sun for too long and they were beginning to burn from all the flashing cameras. Finally they were down to their last pair of fans.

Patrick looked up and his breath got caught. It was Lexi, she was thinner and a little older, but it was her.

She walked up to the group and smiled, "Long time, no see Patrick," she said with a grin.

Patrick smiled back at her as he gave her a hug. "Oh my god, it's been a long time. How have you been?" He looked her over and his heart twitched with that same old time love that he still felt for her.

Lexi smiled widely, "I'm fine. I just thought that I'd come and see you. It's been a couple years now." Lexi said as she nodded.

Patrick nodded shyly, "It has been quite sometime. You want to go get some coffee or something after this?"

Lexi grinned, "Sure, that would be great."

Patrick nodded, "Well, you want a group picture?"

Lexi handed her camera to their guard, "Sure. The camera's already on." She said as she quickly showed the guard how to use it.

Lexi stood next to Patrick as he kissed her cheek. The others crowded around her and smiled.

"Here you go." said the guard as he handed Lexi back her camera.

Patrick looked back at Lexi, "So what have you been doing with yourself?"

Lexi shrugged, "Well, I've been on and off Broadway. We just got through doing RENT again. So that was fun."

"You're an actress?" Patrick asked with a frown.

Lexi laughed airily, "No, I'm not an actress. I'm just a sound technician. And sometimes I get to do the lights too."

Patrick smiled, "Guys, I'm going to be with Lexi for a bit. I'll meet you guys at the Hotel later."

The guys waved back and then followed the guard back out to the van.

Lexi looked up at Patrick, "Well shall we?" She asked as she held out her hand.

Patrick laced his fingers with hers, "Hold on." he said as he turned his sweatshirt inside out and picked up a poster. He began rolling it up, "This is so I can look like another fan that mysteriously looks like Patrick." He said as he noticed Lexi's inquisitive look.

Lexi nodded, "Alright. I gotcha."

They walked out of the store and managed to get down to a cafe without being noticed. At the cafe they sat down in a corner booth near the back. Lexi ordered for the both of them while Patrick sat down at their booth.

"So here's your Caramel Mocha Latte. And my Mocha Latte." Lexi said as she sat down his drink in front of him. She sipped her coffee carefully, "So what's been going on, other than you getting uberly famous?"

Patrick began turning his cup around in his hands nervously, "Well, I've been thinking about what you said the last time we talked."

"What might that be?" Asked Lexi as she looked him square in the eyes.

Patrick inhaled softly. Her electric blues always put him in a trance. "I was thinking about when you said that I meant something to someone out there in this big world."

Lexi looked up at him nervously. She didn't let him see, but she quickly glanced at his left hand when he looked out the window. She didn't see a ring on his finger, "Well, who might that be?" She asked softly, though inside she was dreading the answer.

Patrick shrugged, "Well, that's the thing. The more I kept thinking about, the more I kept thinking of only one girl. The one that makes me feel complete and unafraid. I'm comfortable with her and I feel like I don't have to put up a facade with her. I'm free to be me around her, and I love her dearly."

Lexi sat back in her seat, "Well, she's one lucky lady. She should take good care of you."

Patrick sighed and held her hand, "Lexi, that girl is you. I love you. The truth hurted worse than anything. I felt angry that night, but I knew that I would never take revenge on you because the truth hurted more than anything that I could ever do to you. You're the only one for me, and I'm sorry that I didn't say it any sooner. You'll probably think that I'm some kind of pansy, but every time I think about who I would want to spend my life with, I think about you. I remember that night when were stood under the lampost outside of your house. I held your hand and kissed you goodnight. But then we ran back to the park just to watch the stars again."

Lexi couldn't help but smile, "I love you."

"I love you too." Patrick said with a smile as his thumb rubbed her hand gently. He leaned over and kissed her and they didn't care that anything else was going on. They didn't care who was watching or who was taking photo's. All that mattered was that they were in love, and that he finally got over his own self-doubts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.