Never Felt So Beautiful

One and Only

The air suddenly felt crisp and the sheets colder than I had remembered. My eyes slowly fluttered opened glancing around, it was early morning; everything was still gray, and the air smelled of ocean water. Glancing slightly to my right I saw my dress hanging over a chair. My heart swelled as I stared at it. My beautiful wedding dress sparkled in the dim lighting and looked as gorgeous as ever. Each rhinestone and ruffle still as beautiful as it had been the previous day. Thoughts of my wedding dress brought thoughts of my wedding ring, sitting proudly on my left hand. It was enormous, and disgustingly expensive, bringing a huge smile on my face as I remembered the moment the ring slid onto my finger. My ring brought thoughts of my wonderful wedding, less then 24 hours ago. The event I had dreamed of since I was a little girl, fantasizing about my prince charming. Those thoughts led me to thinking about the wedding night, making me blush.
I suddenly noticed that my new husband, my own prince charming, was not beside me as he had been all night long. Turning my head slightly I saw his half-bare body standing on the yacht balcony. He was facing the ocean, this large hands gripping the railing as he peered into the blue waters, that body of his looking scrumptious. How did I ever get that lucky? I thought, my eyes shamelessly taking in every inch of him. I giggled and climbed out of bed, pulling his tee shirt off from the floor and over my head. I put my wavy hair into a messy ponytail and steadied myself as the boat suddenly rocked. Slowly, I sauntered over to my husband, wrapping my arms around his torso from behind, kissing in between his shoulder blades. My fingers delicately running up and down his toned abs.

“Morning,” I mumbled into his back as he slowly turned around. His smile was dazzling and nearly made my knees buckle as we stood against the railing, our stunning yacht sailing the breathtaking Mediterranean.

“Well hello Mrs.Getzlaf,” He chuckled pecking my lips. I smiled, thinking how unusually perfect it sounded. “You’re up awfully early.”

“I couldn’t sleep Mr.Getzlaf; someone’s side of the bed was empty.”

“So sorry,” He laughed, “I was too excited to sleep.”

“About what?” I asked cocking my head to the side.

“Everything,” He whispered capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. “You look beautiful.” He added.

“I'm just wearing your tee-shirt.” I blushed placing my hand on his chest.

“Exactly,” He stated pulling the hair-tie out of my hair, letting the tousled locks fall past my shoulders. “I like it down.”

“I like you.” I giggled kissing his chest.

“Well I love you.” He said pecking the top of my head.

“I love you too.” Looking up into his breathtaking eyes my heart slightly skipped a beat, my breath hitched, and I knew exactly what was on his mind as his hands traveled down my back to shamelessly grope my ample derrière.

“You’re so gorgeous.” He whispered dipping his head so his hot breath in on my neck. He never ceases to make me feel beautiful.

“Babe,” I managed to stutter out as he pulled on the hem of the large tee shirt draped over my body. “We have to pull up to port for breakfast.”

“Breakfast can wait,” He mumbled into my collarbone as I whine. “I’ll get it in a minuet.”

“But I'm hungry.”

“So am I,” he stated and I could feel his smirk against my skin. He grabed a hold of my behind pulling me up so I could wrap my legs around him, as he stumbled back to the bed.
*
A ray of sunshine peaked in through the window hours later as I laid exhausted in Ryan’s protective and muscular arms. His warm breath slightly hit my shoulder sending tingles through my body. His chest rose up and down with his steady breathing and I could feel the inevitable beat of his heart against my body. The boat rocked back and forth, as we drift along the open sea. I looked up into Ryan’s striking face as he fell asleep, and smiled to myself. My thoughts drifted to the day we first met when I was younger living in Missouri. My eyes closed, as I too, try to find sleep.
We would lay in the grass for hours in each other’s arms, similar to our embrace now, and talk only of love. We moved to the city and I pursued a career in modeling while Ryan continued in hockey. Life suddenly became complicated, we would fight, and then one of us would leave in the middle of the night and not come back for days. We could ignore each other for weeks. We would drift away, and be miserable. Then make up at the drop of a hat. We were hopelessly and helplessly in love with each other, living a dysfunctional lifestyle. I remembered the day he proposed, and all the emotions that I had felt. We went back to Missouri to my old hometown, and he popped the question in our old hang out spot. It huge a field with an old oak tree, a tire swing, and an old tattered, green, picnic table. Rose petals were littered everywhere from what I could see beyond the tears that spilled joyously from my eyes.

“I hate fighting with you; I just want to marry you already.” He had said falling to one knee a black velvet box in one hand.

Sometimes I would wonder if Ryan was the right man for me, then one look into those dazzling eyes and I just knew. My stomach let out a sudden growl surprising me. I opened my eyes and slowly, I pulled Ryan’s arm from my shoulder and wiggled out of his grasp pulling the sheet to my body.

“Stay,” he mumbled his eyes still closed and his hand gripping my wrist. Sliding back, I kissed his chest smiling up at him.

“I'm still hungry,” I girlishly giggled glancing back at the empty breakfast plates that lay on the floor, that hours ago, were filled with foreign delicious breakfast treats. His heavy eyelids slowly lifted as a cute smirk adorned his face.

“I'm not.” He replied. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him, as I pushed myself from his body. I was no match for his strength as he held me to him.

“Watch that tongue of yours young lady.” He warned in a husky voice, his breath hot in my ear.

“Or what?” I whispered back letting my tongue lightly lick his lips. Groaning he rolled us over fusing his mouth to mine. I slight moan slipped from my lips as I ran my hands up and down his chest letting my manicured fingers teasingly scratch his sides.

“You’re killing me,” He moaned into my neck nipping at it slightly.

“I'm hungry,” I giggled at his excitement. “Let’s go out.”

“What time is it?” He asked laying his head on my chest.

“4:18 in the afternoon,” I sighed running my hand on the short hairs that were on his head, loving the feel of his buzz cut.

“Let’s wait a little bit,” He mumbled kissing my chest “Then I’ll take you to dinner, and dancing.” An excited squeal left my lips, making Ryan chuckle. “We are right by the coast of Italy.” He added making my jaw drop.

“I'm gonna go get ready!” I exclaimed trying to gently shove his large body off mine.

“Not yet,” He demanded, his thumb rubbing circles on my hipbone. “I love you.”

“Love you more,” I smiled kissing his head. “You’re hot.” I said and giggled uncontrollably.

“You’re beautiful.” He laughed kissing me again. “Thanks for marrying me.”

“Thanks for asking me,” I smiled as he picked up my hand.

“You’re nails are pretty.” He stated entwining our fingers together.

“You’re eyes are pretty.” I countered. “Did you know that Oreo stuffing is made of Crisco and sugar?” I added as an afterthought.

“I did not know that, but thanks,” He laughed his head heavy on my chest. “We have weird conversations,” He said and pulled himself off me rolling over on his side.

“I'm glad,” I chuckled.

“Me too.”

Taking his hand, I began to pull him out of bed.

“Where to Mrs. Getzlaf?”

“The shower Mr. Getzlaf,” I smirked as he pulled the sheet away from my body, dropping it soundlessly on the floor.

“Oh I love you.”
*

“Baby? Are you ready yet?” Ryan asked for the millionth time that evening.

“No, I still can’t find my make-up bag!” I exclaimed emptying the contents of yet another suitcase onto the floor. “I need my make-up Ry.”

“No,” He stated, “You don’t.” Sitting on the bed running a hand over his face, “Can we please go now?” He was already dressed in a nice suit, while I ran around in my dress searching our luggage for my make up.

“Please,” I sighed, “Just give me a minuet. I know I packed it.”

“Babe,” Ryan sternly said taking my hands in his, forcing me to look up at him “You are so beautiful, you do not need any makeup,” He sighed “Okay? I'm starving, let’s go.”

“You just don’t get it; please just let me find it. One sec.” I said putting up a finger pleading for a few more minuets.

“Stop,” He said, and I froze my movements looking up into his eyes, as I had never heard his voice so serious. “You don’t need it.” He enunciated. I shook my head. Men, they never really understood it.

“You are beautiful.”

“You have been saying that an awful lot.” I whispered.

“That’s because it’s true, you are the most beautiful woman in the world, and I will tell you that everyday in every way possible.” Something in Ryan’s eyes changed. He really meant it.

My whole career was based on applying pounds and pounds of makeup to my skin while I posed for pictures that would eventually be touched up, or strutted the runway in designer dresses. In those pictures and on that runway, I saw myself as beautiful. Whether it be in magazines, or billboard adds, that was when I saw myself as somewhat pretty. Yet looking at Ryan now, letting his words sink in, I had never felt so beautiful, as I did in that very moment with him. I realized that with Ryan, it did not matter if my shoes matched my purse, with him it was irrelevant if my eye shadow didn’t make my eyes pop, with him there were no worries of retouching cellulite, with him I could let my hair down, and be the Southern girl I was when we had first met. I knew he would always be there, loving me every step of the way, no matter what I looked like. I knew he would be there to catch me right before I hit the ground.
Placing my hand on the back of his neck I forcefully pulled him to me crashing my lips against his, and pushing him back against the bed. We would not be getting to dinner until much, much later.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here it is. My contest entry. Go easy on me, its my first contest :]