Status: active

You'll Be My Best Kept Secret.

Chapter 1

I love waking up before sunrise. It gives you this feeling of happiness. Or at least something like happiness. Its gives me a sort of nostalgia, reminding me of my teenage years. Reminding you of those weird years you suddenly went from a child to an adult. For me, my teenage years were great because I followed most of the rules my parents set; and the most important rules, the law. Some people are glad those years are over. For some its a jump to reality. Not living with parents anymore, paying for things on your own, managing your life.

But, what people aren't prepared for while growing up, are usually the most crucial things. Marriage, children, death. How to carry on after any of these happen. What are the rules to these? Because no one really knows, we just make them up. Society tells us what we can and cannot do. And when people break these rules, their lives end up a bigger mess then before.

**

I gulped down two green tea pills, a cup of coffee, and an aspirin. It has to be at least a few days until my sister's wedding. These past few days have been hell. Being away from work and getting shit from my bitchy boss, dress fittings, gift registry, etc. It was terrible. I think all we have for the next few days are rehearsal and the bachelorette party. Thank you lord.

I sat in a cushy chair as I overlooked the city of Los Angeles. City of angels, right? I laughed at the thought. How could it have such horrible people if it was the 'city of angels'? I guess the people in this city had angels always looking over them, because it seemed that their luck never ran out.

I used my hands to support myself and got up. I rented a hotel suite so I'd be close to the reception. Of course no one else would rent a suite with me besides my sisters friend Bianca. Let me tell you a few things about Bianca. Bianca is this amazing, beautiful, and tall Victoria's Secret model. Many men think shes possibly the nicest woman in the world because she has a tight little ass. Shes blond and tall and has bitch written all over everything shes ever done. Shes also one of my sisters bridesmaids.

Maybe I should introduce myself before I start going off about other people. My name is Rosalyn Medina, Rose for short. I'm twenty-two and I work a shit job that I hate, an assistant. I hate it when people try to describe themselves because, how can you actually describe yourself?

I guess I can start by saying I'm 5'3" and i like to have fun. Sure I look nice, some would even say pretty, but its more than looks. I think actions speak louder than words. It's what you do when people aren't watching that defines your character. But lets not get to sappy now.

I decided to jump in the shower to get ready for the day. It was still pretty early so I put my hair up in a messy bun with one of those weird ass twisty bobby pins and did my makeup. I put on my clothes and perfume and I was ready to go.

Walking down to the lobby, there weren't very many people. Just your usual receptionist and a few people reading the paper here and there. I sat down and watched cars and people pass by for about ten minutes. I pulled my cell phone from out of my pocket and decided it was still to early to really do anything. Maybe I'll go annoy Bianca at.. 6:16 in the morning. Ha ha sucks to be her.

Jumping back into the elevator I encountered a very handsome man. When I say handsome I mean fucking sexy. We exchanged a glance for a few seconds and then I smiled at him. He smiled back, and he seemed friendly enough, so why not talk to him.

"Early bird catches the worm, huh?" I said smiling. Reaching over to press floor 7, but realizing it was already pressed I retracted my arm.

"I wish I was an early bird.. I haven't even gone to sleep yet." The man chuckled. I turned so that I was facing him and saw him glance back at me. I stuck my hand out and looked up at him. He looked to be almost a foot taller than I was.. damn.

"Rose."

"Bradley." He said shaking my hand, looking up and down my body. His hands felt rough and cool against mine. The elevator dinged open and we let our hands fall back to our sides. He motioned for me to go first and I felt my neck get hot. Thank god I was darker skinned and tan so that no one could ever see me blushing. The perks of being a Mexican-American. Bradley and I walked down the hallway together, I almost laughed. What the fuck? Why was he going in the same direction I was. Things like this don't happen to me..

"Okay, are you like.. stalking me?" I asked and Bradley chuckled. I stopped in front of Bianca's door and he squinted at the number looking it over.

"No.. it can't be.. this is you're room? The hotel must have double booked us.." He said babbling on and I almost died of laughter. Of course this guy was going to see Bianca. Of fucking course.

"No no no.. you must be staying with Bianca?" he nodded. Oh Jesus.

"Well I'm in a suite with her.. I was just gunna see if she wanted coffee or something," complete lie "But I'll leave you two be. Goodbye Bradley." I said turning around, resuming to walk away. I heard a faint 'Goodbye Rose' from behind me and grinned. The next few days are going to be amusing, to say the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh...
comment? I'd like to know if any of you guys like this story, or your thoughts/suggestions?
Oh and PLEASE subscribe! :)