Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Grenade Jumper

I took a bite of my apple and watched Alex and the guys run around the yard, squirting each other with water guns.

Oh, if only Alex knew what Jack and I were doing, he would not be out here right now.

Alex ran passed me, waving as he did so. I smiled and waved back. Jack also ran passed me, winking as he did so.

I let out a nervous laugh and just flipped him off. He gasped and stopped running. He just stood there, his mouth wide open.

I smiled sweetly at him and took another bite of my sweet, red apple.

He shook his head and walked over to me, holding his gun in front of him like he was gonna shoot.

"No! Don't you dare!" I yelled, holding up my arms to cover my head.

He pulled the trigger and a stream of water shot me in the stomach. I gasped at the feel of the cold water.

"Jack, you're fucking dead!" I screamed, dropping my apple to get up and chase after him.

Alex and the guys stopped in their tracks and watched as I chased Jack around the yard, screaming profanities and threats at him.

"Alex, gimme the gun," I growled, holding my hand out, ready to take the gun and run.

He nervously handed me the gun and I darted off once again after Jack.

I searched all around the large yard looking for Jack. I crouched under the deck and saw him sitting with his knees pulled up to his chest, glancing nervously around. He screamed when he saw me.

"Rae, I'm so sorry! Don't shoot!"

I held the gun up to the side of his head, only an inch or two away, "This is what you get."

I pulled the trigger and whatever was in the gun hit him in the head. It was not water.

"That little bitch filled that shit up with Pepsi!" Jack screamed, crawling out from under the deck. "Alex, you fucker!"

Alex's head shot in our direction, his eyes bulging out of his head when he realized what he did wrong.

Jack dropped his gun and ran after Alex. I shook my head, rolling my eyes at the two boys. I picked up Jack's gun and walked over to my towel.

Zack was sitting on it, watching Alex and Jack run around.

"Hey, Zack, you're in my spot," I said, staring down at him.

"So?" He smirked.

"Move before I Pepsi you to death," I threatened, holding Alex's gun up, ready to shoot.

He laughed and scooted over, patting a little spot down next to him, "We can share."

I shrugged and plopped down next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder, watching as Jack tackled Alex from behind.

"Dog pile!" Rian ran over and jumped on them, causing them to scream loudly. Zack stood up and ran over to them, too.

I giggled and stood up, running over to them as well. I jumped on the four sweaty boys. They all grunted.

"Kara!" We all yelled as we saw her walk through the gate.

She smiled and dropped her bags, running over to jump on us. I laughed loudly as her body landed on mine.

"Guys, get off!" Alex choked out.

Kara rolled off of me, laughing loudly, "I love you all, just so you know."

"We love you, too, Kara!" I yelled, speaking for the whole group.

"You fuckers don't love her as much as I do," Rian smiled, walking over to his girlfriend. He kissed her on her cheek, causing her to blush like mad.

Alex rolled onto his back and stared up at the clouds, "I think you assholes broke my back."

I walked over to Alex, sitting down next to him, "I'm sorry, boo. I can fix it for you, if you want?"

"Please?" He pouted, looking at me with the puppy dog eyes.

"Not now," I said, winking at him.

He looked at me, confused. It must have clicked because his mouth made a perfect 'o' shape before winking back at me.

"You two are disgusting," Jack stated, standing up to brush himself off.

I stood up and ran over to him, tackling him to the ground. Damn, I was stronger than I thought. We landed with a thud.

"Say anything like that again and you're not getting anything from me ever again," I whispered in his ear.

"I'm just trying to make it seem like we're not seeing each other," He retaliated.

I glared at him and rolled my eyes, standing up.

"Guys, I'm hungry," I said, rubbing my stomach.

"Me too," Zack said, walking back to the group with his shirt in his hands. He pulled it over his head and smoothed it out over his body. "I say we go to fuckin' IHOP or something."

"Fuck yes, IHOP!" Jack yelled, bouncing up and down excitedly. He ran over to the towels and grabbed his shirt, throwing it on.

Everyone laughed and got up slowly.

"Man, I didn't get a chance to get my tan on," Kara pouted.

"We can tan later, Kara," I giggled. "No interruptions. Just you and me."

"Good."

***

All six of us walked into the crowded IHOP. People were standing because they had nowhere to sit and wait.

"Do you guys really wanna eat here?" I asked, turning around to my small group of friends.

"Hell yeah!" Jack said, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Jack, do you really want to wait at least twenty minutes for a table?" Rian asked, giving him the same look that Jack had given me.

"But, but, but, Jack wanna eat here! Jack hungry!" Jack shouted, rubbing his stomach.

The people who were waiting for a table stared at us. They were all probably thinking the same thing - stupid fucking teenagers.

"Well, then, Jack needs to go reserve a spot," Kara sighed.

Jack smiled and walked over to go reserve a table. He walked back over, "That woman has the weirdest voice ever..."

Alex's hand brushed up against mine, grabbing my hand softly. I smiled and intertwined our fingers. He leaned in and quickly placed a kiss on my cheek, causing me to blush.

Jack's smile fell when he noticed us.

Rian and Kara found a seat and sat down, also acting cute as hell. She was sitting on his lap, giggling as he whispered something into her ear.

Poor Jack and Zack. They had no one to be all cute with...

That didn't stop Jack.

He grabbed Zack's hand and jokingly kissed his cheek.

Zack laughed and wiped his cheek off with his free hand, "You are a terrible kisser."

"Am not!" Jack yelled in defense. "Am I a bad kisser, Rae?"

Wow, way to put me on the spot...

I just stared at him while everyone stared at me. I could feel their eyes staring at me, burning holes into my body.

"Alex is better," I finally spit out, shrugging.

"I hate you," He pouted.

Alex laughed and kissed me on my lips, smiling against them.

"Jack, your kisses are so sloppy and wet," Zack laughed.

"It's because I like it like that," Jack winked at him.

"Well, guess what? I don't."

I laughed at the two boys. They were acting like they were actually a couple. It was highly entertaining.

Parents just stared at them, giving them dirty looks. They obviously didn't approve of acting like that with a friend.

"Barakat? Party of six?" A crackly voice sounded over the intercom.

"Christ, that was fast," I said as we all walked up to the little podium.

"My little friend and former president Jackson helped," Jack laughed, winking.

"Six?" A cheery waitress smiled at the group.

"Six," Jack repeated, confirming the number.

"Jack, your hair still smells like Pepsi," Rian laughed.

Jack grabbed a lock of his hair and tried smelling it, "Dammit!"

We all sat down at a large booth that the waitress had chosen for us. She placed the menus down in front of each of us.

I slid in next to Alex while Jack slid in next to Zack, across from us.

Jack kicked my ankle and I jumped. Alex gave me a weird look, like I was crazy.

I smiled at him before turning to glare at Jack. He simply ducked and hid behind his menu.

Kara slid in next to me as Rian took the seat next to Jack. Good, he would keep an eye on Jack.

"Hey, sexy lady," I smiled and winked at Kara.

"Hey, my lover," She said, winking back.

"Are you cheating on me?" Alex asked, faking shock and a gasp.

Jack slowly peaked over the top of his menu, his eyes wide. He thought we were found out.

I just laughed, "Yes, Alex, I am. I'm seeing Kara."

"Oooh, yes. We've been seeing each other since we were ten...secretly..." Kara laughed, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "We're getting married as soon as we turn eighteen."

Jack rolled his eyes and went back behind the safety of his menu.

"Rian and you were just cover-ups. We didn't want to go public," I said, trying to hold a straight face. It was so hard not to smile.

"Totally," Kara smiled. "But, we're making it public...now!"

I placed my arm around her shoulders, still trying not to laugh.

She leaned in for a kiss, but pulled away quickly to lean in and peck Rian on the lips.

I laughed as Alex pulled me back to him, kissing my head as he did so.

"I love you," He mumbled into my hair, his lips still pressed to my head.

"I love you, too, baby boo," I smiled as I saw Jack peak over his menu and stare at me.

When no one was looking, he licked his lips and winked at me. I tried desperately not to blush and just giggle like a retard.

"What's wrong, babe?" Alex asked, looking down at me.

"Nothing!" I laughed nervously.

Fuck Jack for still making me feel like...this.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// grenade jumper - fall out boy. :]

and omg, hello wonderful readers! it's been FO'EVA!

well, that's what it feels like, haaaah.

but omg, this week has been NUTS. exams are next week and my teachers are trying to cram as much as they can into our skulls before the exams. i've been so busy with trying to keep up. ;-;

but, i have 2 full school days left. then it's just half days for exams. then...SUMMA! :DDDDD

so, yes, back to the chapter. shitty filler, yeah, i know. :|

but, i would appreciate thoughts on diz shizz? :DD

x.