Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Have Faith In Me

Kara and I walked out of the bathroom slowly, contemplating our next move.

"Well, we can skip school and hang out at your house. Your parents are out of town for the week, right?" Kara asked, linking her arm with mine.

"Yeah, they are. Can we go to CVS or something, though?" I sighed, taking my hair out of the ponytail Kara had put it in.

"Duh. We're not just gonna guess if you're...y'know..." She said, trailing off. It was totally awkward just thinking I was...

Footsteps sounded behind us and we both got quiet, not wanting to risk my little secret getting out.

Arms slowly wrapped around my waist and I curiously turned around. I saw Alex standing there, pressing his body against mine for a nice hug.

"I'm sick, Alex," I laughed lightly.

His arms quickly unwrapped themselves from me and he backed away, "Well, then why are you here?"

"To review for the AP exams. I didn't want to miss anything," I shrugged, lying straight through my teeth. Lying came so naturally to me. It was impossible to tell a bad lie.

"Ohhh, well, go home and get some rest, okay? I don't want a sick girlfriend," He pouted.

"Alright, will do," I smiled.

He kissed the side of my head and walked back down the hall. I smiled as I watched him leave off towards his class.

If he only knew what was possibly making me sick...

***

"There better not be anyone we know here," I mumbled as we got out of Kara's car.

"Don't worry. It's 9:46 in the morning. Everyone we know is at school in second period. Relax," Kara said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Liar," I whispered as I noticed Zack walking into the CVS. I sighed as we walked in behind Zack. "Quick, down here."

"What? What are you doing?" Kara whisper-yelled at me as I dragged her down the first aisle.

"Zack's in here," I whispered back at her. I peaked my head around the corner and looked for him.

When the coast was clear, I slowly walked out of the aisle and grabbed a little basket. Kara followed close behind, looking for any sign of him. Why must my life be so...so...rah?

I looked down each aisle, checking for anyone else we knew. When I was looking down aisle four, I bumped into someone and fell back.

I rubbed my head and looked up at the person I had bumped into.

Fuck.

"Oh, shit, sorry..." He said, turning around. "Rachel?"

"Hey, buddy," I laughed nervously. He extended his hand and helped me to my feet. "What are you doin' here?"

"I don't have class 'til ten," He shrugged. "The better question is...what are you doing here?"

"I'm sick," I said as Kara ran over to me.

"Hey, Zack," She said, giggling nervously just like I had done moments before.

"She's not sick, too, is she?" Zack asked, slightly backing away from us.

I laughed, "No. She's - "

"I'm her keeper," Kara said simply.

Zack just nodded and started walking towards the drinks and snacks. Kara and I followed him, deciding to get some...buffer items.

I grabbed two cold Arizona Green Tea's for Kara and myself. Zack had grabbed a Gatorade and a can of Red Bull.

"So, does Alex know you're sick?"

"Yeah, we told him before we left," I said, nodding.

"Why'd you come here, though?" Zack asked.

"What's with the questions, Zack?" Kara laughed.

"I like questioning you, is that okay?" He pressed, laughing.

I shook my head and walked off down to another aisle while those two talked. I walked up an aisle and grabbed a bunch of bags of candy. I placed them in the little basket I had stolen from Kara.

I needed as many things as I could gather to hide...the tests...

"Rachel!" Zack yelled, running towards me. He embraced me in a tight hug that lasted about a good thirty seconds. Zack's hugs were so good.

I smiled and let myself melt into him, feeling comfy and safe in his arms.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead, "Feel better. I need my skating buddy in good health."

I laughed, "Alright, I'll try to get better."

Lies.

"Good. See ya' later, bud," He smiled before walking up the aisle to the counter to pay for his stuff.

I waited until he was out of sight to walk over to the dreadful aisle that held everything that would be determining my future.

I picked up a little box, my hands shaking terribly. I placed that box and a couple more into my basket, hiding it underneath all of the junk.

Hopefully, I would be wrong about this whole thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// have faith in me - a day to remember. :]

LIKE OHMAIGAWD, HEY GUIZE! :D

today was my last full day as a junior! four more half days (rah, exams) until the summer starts and i am a seniorrrrrrr. woooooooooo. i'm so excited/nervous. I DON'T WANNA GROW UP, GUYS.

so, anyways, rockstars and cookies go out to:
Melernies
blanklikepaper
&&
rivals are insane

Image
rockstars! (thatpictureisthebackgroundformyipod:3).
Image
& cookies! (thatlookssodeliciousomg).

so, thoughts?

x.