Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends

I had fallen into a routine of sorts.

Wake up around 3:30 in the morning, rush to the bathroom to throw everything up, then just stay awake for the remaining two hours and thirty minutes. I would then get out of bed at 5:49 after watching countless infomercials, take a shower and get ready for school.

My parents had no clue what was going on. If they did, they would think I was binge eating and throwing all that up. You know, they would think I was becoming bulimic.

They would have no idea that their sweet and innocent daughter, Rachel was, in fact, pregnant with...I don't know who's child.

Kara had started to think it was Alex's. She just said she felt that it was Alex's.

I started to think it was Jack's. I mean, look at the facts - Jack and I have been sleeping together for months, no, years. Recently, he's decided that it's 'too much money for protection' so we hadn't used any.

Alex and I have slept together only a handful of times. He also didn't use protection. I think he thought I was on the pill.

Okay, I know I should've told him that I wasn't. But, when you're caught up in that moment, you're not thinking about the future. You're thinking about that moment.

So, you see my problem?

It was 6:58 AM and I was getting ready to roll out the door to meet Alex so he could drive us to where we would be taking our AP US exam.

I finished drying my hair and applied my eyeliner nice and straight. I walked out of the bathroom and sighed loudly, slipping on my shoes.

I grabbed my small bag and slung it over my shoulder before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

"Are you ready to ace that test?" My mom smiled at me before taking a sip of her coffee.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I'm sure you'll do fine! Good luck, sweetie," She said, giving me a kiss on the cheek as I heard Alex honk the car horn.

I strolled out of the front door, closing it behind me. I walked to Alex's car and saw him sitting in the drivers seat. Something looked...off.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I slid in the passenger side. I buckled up my seat belt.

He didn't say anything. Usually, he greeted me by giving me a kiss on the cheek and/or lips and saying 'Hey, sexy'.

He just didn't say anything.

He backed out of the driveway, keeping his eyes either on his mirrors or the road.

"Alex, what the fuck is wrong?" I asked again, this time a little more irritated.

He slowed the car down and eventually stopped, parking on the side of the small, suburban street. He turned and looked at me, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant?" He sighed, running his hands through his dark brown hair. His hands were shaking...

My eyes went wide and I covered my mouth. My whole body started trembling. How did he find out?

I slowly removed my hand from my mouth, "Wh - who tol - told y - you?" I stuttered. Dear God, I thought I was gonna throw up right there. Not because of the damn thing inside of me, but because of the fact that he knew.

He fucking knew.

"I can't say," He replied, his voice a little shaky.

"Kara told you, didn't she?" I growled through gritted teeth. That stupid bitch. She fucking told him. She was the only one who knew.

Well, now two people knew.

He didn't reply. He just looked at his hands which were resting in his lap. That meant yes. She did tell him.

"I'm going to kill her," I growled again. I balled up my fists and felt my fingernails dig into the palms of my hands. I was so pissed off.

I unbuckled myself and opened the car door. I didn't care about the stupid AP exam. All I cared about right now was getting Kara.

I stepped out and slammed the door, beginning to walk towards her house. She only lived a few blocks from here. I could walk there easily.

She had no school today, either. Well, her parents let her stay home so she could study for her upcoming AP.

Alex's car rode up beside me, following me.

I heard the window roll down, "Rae, please get back in the car! We need to go take our exams. Forget about Kara right now. Please!" Alex begged, still driving to keep up with me.

"I don't fucking care right now, Gaskarth," I spat, turning to face him. "I made her promise the other day that she was not going to tell anyone. And look what she did!"

"Rae, get back in the car. Right now."

"Fuck off," I said, flipping him off. My pace quickened from a slow walk to a quick jog. I ran down the street that Kara's house was on.

I could hear Alex's tires screeching as he tried to catch up.

I quickly took a sharp turn right, cutting across someone's yard. I jumped over their fence and ran through their backyard.

Total invasion of privacy? I don't give a fuck.

I jumped another fence, then another, finally finding Kara's house.

She was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends - fall out boy. :]
(i absolutely love that title.)

ooooooooooooooooooh. we got some drama goin' on hurrrrr.

and i've got two people for team run away. no one wants her to stay? o:

THE WORLD CUP STARTED TODAY. YEAAAAH BOI.
we watched the South Africa VS Mexico game today in my Modern World class after everyone finished their exams. it was fun. the whole class would go OHHHHHHHHHHHH. after someone missed a goal. hilarious.

so, thoughts? :)

x.