Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Chop Chop

I banged on her back door, yelling "Kara, open up!" as loud as I could.

I finally saw her enter the large kitchen, looking like she had just rolled out of bed. She walked over to the door and slid it open.

I stepped into the kitchen and immediately started yelling, "Kara! How the fuck could you do this to me?!"

"Do what?" She asked, unaware of what I was going off on her about.

"Don't act dumb! You told Alex that I was pregnant! Why the fuck would you do that, especially when I said not to!?" I screamed. I was getting so worked up. I could feel the blood begin to boil underneath my skin. It was a truly scary thing to feel.

I'm sure the baby didn't like it either.

Her eyes went wide as she realized what she did that was making me so mad. She ran and stood behind the table, making sure there was something that was protecting her from my wrath.

"Rachel, before you do anything that you'll regret, just let me tell you that it was for your own good," She said, trying to calm me down.

"For my own good!?" I yelled. "Care to explain how that was for my own good?!"

"You saw how the guilt ate away at you! I just didn't want that happening again!" She said as I clenched my fists even tighter.

My blood pressure was possibly through the roof. Not good.

"Before you kill me, just listen," She pleaded, holding her hands out in front of her to try and stop me. "Alex deserved to know. Even if it's his kid or not. He's your boyfriend. If you really loved him, you would've told him."

My lips began to quiver and my fists became loose. She had hit a nerve. She was right. Alex did have a right to know.

Maybe, I didn't really love him enough to tell him...

My eyes soon started stinging from the forming tears. A tear slipped from my eye as I sat down at the table. I placed my head in my hands and started bawling my eyes out.

I felt Kara place her hand on my back and start drawing small 'S's' on my back. I didn't know why she was doing it, but it made me feel better. I didn't want to do anything else but sit here and cry while she drew those 'S's' onto my back.

"I'm sorry, Kara," I whispered softly, still holding my head in my hands.

I heard the chair next to me screech across the floor and her voice was closer, "I'm sorry, too, Rae. I shouldn't have told him."

"It's fine. He was gonna find out anyways."

***

"What the fuck? What. The. Fuck. No, you're not."

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, "Yes, I am, Jack."

He threw his arms up in the air, "Gah. No, you're not. This is just some sick joke you and Kara are playing on me!"

"Jack, why would I joke about something this serious?" I said, not believing what I was hearing. He didn't believe me. He should be the one believing me. I mean, it's highly likely that this is his fucking child.

"You've done it before!"

"When?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

He fell silent for a moment, probably thinking of when I did it. I never did so it was gonna be hard to think of something.

He snapped his fingers, thinking of it. I raised my eyebrow, waiting for his response.

He furrowed his eyebrows before shaking his head 'no'.

"See, I would never do that to you!"

"Why are you pregnant?" He asked, falling backwards onto my bed.

"Well, Jack, when a boy and a girl love each other very much..." I began.

He yelled and put his hands over his ears, "Be quiet!"

"I thought you loved sex," I smirked, poking his side.

He giggled, "I do. I just don't like hearing the explanation..."

I laughed loudly and fell right next to him. He turned his head to face me as I did the same. We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity before he leaned in and placed a simple, sweet kiss on my lips.

I sat up and stared at the ring Alex gave me. What the hell was I doing? I told Jack I was pregnant, but I didn't tell Alex. I didn't get mad at Jack for not believing me. I would've gotten mad at Alex...

I don't think I really loved Alex as much as I said I did. My heart was telling me to love Jack, but my brain was telling me to love Alex.

My heart was obviously overpowering my brain. And I hated myself because of that reason.

Alex deserved all the love in the world. He deserved everything he gave me and so much more. He deserved someone who would treat him much better than me.

I was going to do anything to convince my heart that I did in fact love Alex as much as I thought I did.

Either that, or maybe this was just the beginning of the end for me and Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// chop chop - the academy is...

i'm so tired right now. ahahaha. i spent three hours walking around and acting like a tard with my friends. i love summer. <3

so, this authors note is going to be short and sweet!

thoughts? whatchu think she's gon do?
(also, if there's any grammar/serious mistakes in there, be patient and stay with me. i'm running on empty and i will go back and fix them later. <3)

goodnight. x.