Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Too Much

I watched Alex as he talked with some girl. We hadn't talked since I told him to fuck off.

I was going crazy. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to feel his touch. I wanted him back.

That's the problem with relationships. They ruin friendships.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I curiously looked to see who it was. It was Jack. He had a sympathetic look on his face.

I shook my head and shut my locker, not wanting to talk about it.

Jack sighed and grabbed my arm, leading me in the opposite direction of Alex and the mystery girl. I wanted to know who she was and why Alex was talking to her.

"Her name's Lisa," Jack said, not bothering to even look down at me.

"How did you know I was thinking that?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I can just tell. You're easy to read, y'know?" He laughed.

I just faked a smile and followed him to wherever he was leading me.

"Alex and her met at a party the other night. Apparently they hit it off."

Wait, was he cheating on me? As far as I knew, we weren't over. We were just...not talking.

"They were outside, watching the stars, drinking, and talking the whole time," He shrugged. He lead me outside and across the back field.

"Jack, where are we going?" I asked, looking back at the big school, then back at him.

"I dunno. I just wanna go somewhere we can talk."

I just nodded and let him take me wherever.

***

I sighed as I saw Alex approaching the table with Lisa. Kara gave me a sympathetic look as they sat down.

"Hey, guys, this is Lisa," He smiled as she waved.

I just smiled politely before getting up to go find another seat. I dumped the contents of my tray into the trash and placed the plastic tray on top of the trashcan.

I walked out of the lunchroom and walked down the hall towards the library. I wanted to get as far away as I could from Alex.

I honestly wanted to avoid him. I didn't have a clue why. My body just said 'ignore him!'.

"Rachel!" A voice yelled from behind me.

I sighed and turned around to see Alex running towards me. My stomach dropped. Oh, God.

"Rae, why are you ignoring me?" He asked, confusion spread all over his face.

"Why are you hanging all over Lisa?" I retaliated, folding my arms across my chest.

"Why are you being such a bitch? We're just friends."

"Did you just call me a...a...bitch?" I asked, blown away. I looked at the floor as tears filled my eyes. I looked back up at him, my lips quivering. "I hate you."

"Rachel, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that!" He said.

I just shook my head and turned around, walking away in the other direction. He just called me a bitch...

"I didn't mean it, Rachel! I love you!" He yelled, begging for me to turn around.

I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. I slammed open the front doors of the school and stormed down to where Jack's car was parked.

He would be around there somewhere. I saw him sitting on the hood of his car, just staring up at the sky.

I walked over to him, tears now streaming down my face freely.

He turned and looked at me, then back at the sky, then back at me, "Whoa, what happened?"

"Alex," I choked out as Jack climbed off of the car and wrapped his lanky arms around my body.

"It's okay, babe," He smiled weakly at me. Even he knew it wasn't going to be okay.

Funny, a month ago, this would've been Alex hugging me in the middle of the parking lot because of something Jack did to me.

Now, it was flipped and awkwardly reversed.

Jack pulled away and looked at me, cupping my face in his hands. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs and pressed his lips to my forehead.

I wrapped my arms back around his body, bringing him closer to me. I wanted to feel safe. I wanted to feel like everything was going to be okay, even if it wasn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// too much - all time low

TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY AS A JUNIOR! :D

i'm kinda sad, tbh. only one more year left until i venture out into the real world. scareddddddd.

anyways, is this the end for alex and rachel?
is this the beginning for jack and rachel?
is she done with this town?

thoughts!?

x.