Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Mind Reader

I wanted to make everything work between Alex and I. But now...now I couldn't. He called me a bitch and was hanging all over Lisa.

We were over.

Everything we had...was no longer there.

I had been locked in my room, crying for about three hours now. Jack was sitting against the door in the hallway, letting me have my space.

How could Alex do that to me? He said he loved me. Then...he turns around and hangs with Lisa.

It's funny. It's like Alex and Jack switched personalities. Life as I knew it was falling apart right before my eyes.

I sniffled and sat up, finally. I wiped away the tears from my face using my blanket. I wasn't just going to sit around and wallow in self-pity anymore. I was going to do something.

I walked over to my door and opened, revealing a sleeping Jack slumped against the wall. He looked so peaceful. I didn't want to wake him.

I shut the door and locked it. I dug through my pockets, finding my phone. I practically didn't even have to think about who I would be calling.

I pressed the phone to my ear and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Patrick, I'm ready," I said, staring at my door. I was going to do this. Jack wasn't going to hold me back.

"What?" Patrick asked, unaware of what the hell I was talking about.

"Come pick me up."

***

"Rachel, are you sure you want to do this?" Kara asked, trying to fight the tears away.

I nodded and kept packing my things, "I'm one hundred percent sure, Kar."

"Please don't go," She whispered. "Can't you just stay?"

"No." I replied, shoving a bathing suit into my bag. "Plus, Alex wouldn't miss me one bit if I left, so what's the point in staying and raising his baby?"

"Yes he will."

"No. He won't," I said, staring her dead in the eyes. I walked over to my dresser and took out a handful of shirts. I threw them at my bed, then went through my pants and did the same.

I walked back over to my bed and shoved them into the bags. I had only five bags to pack as many things as I could. I was obviously packing my clothes. I would definitely pack my pictures that I've collected over the years. I didn't want to forget this place completely. I just wanted to get away.

"Kara, I'm finishing the week, then I'm leaving," I sighed, zipping up the bag with my clothes. I had left only a week's worth of clothes out.

She sighed, "We need hang out as much as possible before you run."

"I'm debating on whether I should tell Jack or not," I said, plopping down onto my bean bag chair. I would miss this...

"I don't think you should. He'd just...I don't know."

"Should I go back to school?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Yes, let's go," She said, holding out her arm for me to link mine with. I stood up and linked my arm with hers. She led the way out of my house.

We drove to school in silence. She was probably thinking of everything she wanted to do with me before I left. Little did she know, I was leaving in three days, not a week.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I would be gone sooner than she thought.

The bell sounded, signaling the start of fifth. I left right before third period started today with her so I could tell her.

I walked into the school with Kara, our arms linked. People stared and whispered things to each other as we passed.

I looked at Kara as she looked at me. Someone told someone something.

"Alex," We said at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// mind reader - versaemerge. :]

o:

DID YOU GUYS LISTEN TO VERSA'S CD WHICH IS STREAMING RIGHT NOW ON MYSPACE? I LOVE IT SO MUCH. :D

also, today was my last day. i'm now officially a senior. i'm scared/nervous/excited.

oh, and, there's a party going on across the street from me at this school right now. i wanna go over and party with them, but they won't let me. lmfao. :|

so, thoughts? :D

x.