Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

"Gaskarth!" I shouted down the hall as I saw him standing there, talking withthat slut Lisa.

He turned around, his eyes bulging out of his head when he realized who called his name. The people in the hall just stopped what they were doing and watched the scene unfold before their eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" I yelled at him, walking closer. Kara was following right behind, ready to kick some ass if she needed to. Don't get me wrong, Kara is a total sweetie, but when someone hurts her friends, the whole entire sweet side of her was gone.

"What did I do?" He asked, trying to back away. Good thing the wall was behind him so he couldn't go anywhere.

"Don't play dumb. I know you told someone, Gaskarth," I growled.

"What? I did not!" He yelled back at me. I crossed my arms across my chest and gave him a dirty look, not believing a word he said. "Okay, okay, I told one guy!"

"And that one guy goes and tells another guy, who then tells another guy, thus creating a domino effect, you stupid fuck!" I yelled, pointing a finger at him.

"I'm sorry! He said he wouldn't tell anyone!"

"I hate you, Alexander William," I spat, venom dripping out of every word. I turned and stormed off with Kara.

The people who had been watching us, whispered things as we passed.

"I can hear you!" Kara yelled, turning to face some sophomores.

"At least my best friend's not pregnant," One scoffed. The other little clone laughed and high-fived her friend.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. I wanted to punch her and her friend in the face so badly.

"Back the fuck off of her," A familiar voice sounded from behind me. I turned to see Jack standing there with a seriously frightening expression on his face. He looked so...serious. It was something I wasn't used to seeing.

I smiled weakly at him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, leading me away from the sophomore sluts.

"I got you, Rae," He smiled down at me before glaring at some people as they stared.

Kara shot me a look like, 'You should really tell him about how you're running away from your problems!'.

I shook my head. I didn't have the fucking heart and guts to tell Jack I was leaving. Telling Kara was hard enough...

***

"No, Patrick, you have to leave tomorrow at, like...three in the afternoon," I sighed, falling down onto my bed.

"Seriously? I won't get there until, like, ten at night," He said, a hint of frustration apparent in his voice.

"Yes, I want to leave in the middle of the night."

"Why?" He whined.

I sighed, "So no one can see me leave. My neighbors are total creeps who watch any suspicious activity."

"Oh."

I laughed, "So, just come around then, okay?"

He groaned before mumbling something, then hung up. I sighed and took a long hard look at my room. It was...different. Nothing had changed in it, minus the dresser drawers and my closet being cleaned out. But, it still had an air of difference.

I didn't tell my parents that I would be leaving. Maybe that was going to turn into a huge mistake and backfire on me, but I didn't care. I was planning on calling them when I got to Chicago to tell them where I was.

That's all I would tell them - my location. They wouldn't know why I left, who I left with, or when I left.

A knock at the door ripped me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I shouted. The door creaked open to reveal Alex standing in the doorway. How the fuck...

"Your mom let me in," He said quietly, looking down at his shoes as if they would give him all the answers he needed.

Stupid mother.

"What do you want?" I mumbled, turning over on my side to face the wall. I didn't even want to look at him. He disgusted me.

"To say I'm sorry," He sighed. I felt the bed sink lower on the right side. He had sat down. Did I say it was okay for him to sit down? No.

I kicked him with my foot, using enough force to knock him off the bed. I heard a loud thud followed by some groaning. Good.

"Rachel, why can't you just accept my apology?"

I turned over to face him, sitting up. "Why can't I accept your apology?" I asked, finally getting fed up.

"Well, let's see, Alex. One; you called me a bitch. Two; you and Lisa are all over each other. And, three; you told practically the whole entire fucking school that you got me pregnant," I said, standing up and getting in his face.

"Y'know, Alex, it's funny...I thought that this whole thing would be Jack's fault. I saw something like this coming. I just never thought it would be because of my ex-best friend."

"Ra - Rachel, we can still be friends..." He said, his tone almost panicky. This was terrifying him - the thought of losing his best friend.

"No, we can't, Alex," I smirked.

"Yes, we can," He pushed. He desperately wanted to keep this friendship afloat. Too bad, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't.

"No. We ca - " I was cut off by his lips pressing themselves to mine. My eyes fluttered shut. What was my brain doing? I was mad at him. Mad. M. A. D. Mad.

He forcefully pushed me back onto the bed and crawled on top of me. Oh, dear God. What was he doing?

"Alex - "

His lips pressed down on mine once again. I wanted to scream and kick and yell at him to get off, but I just couldn't.

Before Alex and I knew it, the door swung open. Alex scrambled off of me and I sat up to see a baffled Jack standing in the doorway.

"I thought - wait...no - what?" Jack stuttered, looking between me and Alex. "What the hell is going on here?"

"He attacked me!" I said, pointing to Alex, who was now awkwardly sitting against my wall with a pillow and his knees pressed to his chest.

...Wait. Oh, dear.

"I didn't attack you!" He shouted in his defense.

"You attacked me with your lips, dude!"

"I thought you guys were over?" Jack said, still confused as hell as to what was going on. I, too, was confused.

"We were?" Alex asked, looking at me.

"Well, yeah," I said like it was the most obvious thing in the whole entire world. "You were all over Lisa. And you called me a bitch. I was ready to kill you."

"Oh."

"So...that still doesn't explain what the fuck balls is going on here," Jack said, pointing at me and Alex.

"I came over to apologize and just got a little - "

"Too friendly," I smirked. "Now, leave. I've got to pac - Do something."

I almost gave myself away. What the hell. Alex had gotten my brain all frazzled. Too much was going on and I couldn't think properly.

"Are we still over?" Alex asked, slowly getting up. He was trying to hide the bulge in his pants with his hands. It wasn't working. And it was highly awkward.

"Yes. Now go!" I yelled, throwing the pillow at him. "You too, Jack!"

"But - "

"Out!" I shouted, grabbing another pillow and chucking it at him.

He pouted and mumbled something before they left, closing the door behind them. I groaned, falling backwards onto my bed.

I wanted to get out of here so badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// my songs know what you did in the dark - fall out boy. <3

hello, darlings. i hit a block in a road i call 'writers', (wow, that was stupid. i'm so sorry you have to put up with me and my lame-ness) so this chapter is a little rahrahrah. :|

but, omg, versaemerge's new cd is so amazing. i can't stop listening to it. mmmmm. and i feel like i can seriously relate to up there, because, well, that happens to me all the time. :|

thoughts? :)

x.