Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Run Away

Today was Thursday, a.k.a., the day I would be leaving this place behind forever.

I sat at my desk and nervously fiddled with the ring Alex had given me. I still couldn't believe he wanted me to keep it, even after I told him we were through.

He probably thought that I would want the guitar back if he asked for the ring. Which, I wouldn't want. What would I do with it? I don't play the guitar. Plus, it'd sit in my empty room, just collecting dust.

The teacher came in and immediately started talking about a new project which would be due at around the last week of school. Too bad I wouldn't be here.

I just ignored her and scribbled a checklist down onto my notebook.

Checklist:

1) Clothes.

2) Say goodbye to Kara for the last time & cry as hard as we can.

3) Food for the trip.

4) Medicine.


...Medicine. I needed to go to doctor to get the right kind of medicine for this child. Just taking vitamins wasn't cutting it...

I quickly made a note to make a doctors appointment when I was in Chicago.

I heard someone run into the room, causing me to take my eyes off of my notebook. Ugh, train of thought - gone.

Alex quickly ran in and took a seat next to me. I shoved my checklist underneath a bunch of papers and placed my elbow on top of the stack, preventing Alex from looking.

"What were you doing?" He asked, eying my papers.

"What were you doing?" I shot back, trying to get him off my case.

"Nothing," He said nonchalantly.

"I wasn't doing anything either," I said as I fixed the messy pile of papers. I neatly tucked them into my binder and shut the binder with the notebook still fixed in it.

"So, what did I miss?" He asked as he took out a pencil.

"I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."

"Why not?"

"Because, I didn't feel like it," I spat. God, he was getting annoying.

"Ms. Woods, is there something you and Mr. Gaskarth would like to share with the class?" Mrs. Russell asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, she's pregnant," Someone laughed, loud enough for me to hear.

I looked down at my hands and started playing with the ring again. I couldn't wait to get out of here. I couldn't wait to just get away from all the hateful comments, jealous girls, and fake sympathetic looks.

"Shut up! It was an accident, ok!?" He shouted, standing up and facing the girl who had made the terrible comment.

"Mr. Gaskarth, calm down," Mrs. Russell said in a smooth, calm voice. She shot me a sympathetic look before turning to the bitch, "And, excuse me, Ms. Adams, can you please leave the room? That comment was unnecessary."

The girl got up and groaned, storming her way out of the classroom.

I sank lower into my chair as the classroom got uncomfortably quiet. I could tell all eyes were fixated on me. They always were.

***

My stomach twisted and turned into knots as I watched the clock tick away. 9:48 PM.

Patrick was going to be here in about fifteen minutes. He had called and asked which road to take to get to my development. After telling him the directions, everything finally sank in.

I was leaving this place. I would never see Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, or Kara again. I always thought I would be friends with them forever. Funny how things change.

I picked up my bags and walked over to my window. I opened the window, setting the bags out onto the roof. I needed to make a quick get away so no one could see me.

My phone started ringing and I scrambled back to the bed to get it. I didn't want it waking up my parents.

"Hello?" I whispered.

"I'm here. Where's your window?" Patrick asked, the sound of an engine rumbling in the background.

"In the back. I'll toss down my bags and meet you around front," I said, hanging up my phone. I took a deep, shaky breath and walked over to my window.

I set one foot out and looked back at my room. I would miss this place so much. But, leaving is for the better.

I stepped out onto the roof and shut my window. Throwing my bags off the roof, I saw my neighbors bedroom light turn on. I instantly ducked down out of sight as she opened her window and looked around for anything.

She shut her window and turned off the lights and I breathed a sigh of relief. I stood back up and walked over to the spot where I had placed the lawn chairs that I could step down onto.

I stepped down onto them and jumped off, running to get my bags. I grabbed all four and ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. The bags were seriously dragging me down.

Out of breath, I met Patrick at the curb. I handed him the bags wordlessly and got in the front as he packed the back.

He slammed the door and walked around the front of the car to get into the drivers side. He slid in and instantly drove away, not even bothering to buckle up.

I watched as the houses passed by, blurring into one mass of houses and colors. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

I instantly wiped it away as Patrick turned to me.

"Rachel..."

"Don't, Patrick. Just...don't," I sighed, sinking down into my seat. I silently wept into my hoodie's sleeves.

Patrick sighed and turned left, leaving the development. I looked up and turned around in my seat and watched it all disappear out of sight.

And just like that, it was gone. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// run away - the audition.

anddddddddddd, she's gone.

so, i'm thinking of introducing alex pov's. i can't just abandon atl completely. what do you think?

good, because you have no choice. i was gonna do it anyways. ;D

and, i love my readers, subscribers, and commenters(sp?) so much. i really do. <3 i just felt like letting you all know. (:

HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THIS?

i found that just last night and was like...WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE!?
brendon urie + spencer smith + dead pete wentz = hilarious.

so, like always, thoughts? (:

x.