Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

My stomach dropped. I was in Chicago. I was home.

The colors of the street signs, lights, and tress all blended together, creating a large mess of colors.

"Patrick, I feel sick," I sighed. The whole ride here, I felt sick. I just pushed it away and ignored it. But now, since we were approaching my new home, I felt so nervous.

Did the guys even know I was coming? What the hell would they think about some 17 year old kid showing up at their house and just moving in with them? I wouldn't like it if that happened to me.

All this thinking and over analyzing was making my head spin. Stupid child. Stop making me sicker than I already was.

Nerves + a growing child in your stomach = no good.

"We'll be there soon, Rae," Patrick smiled softly. "Don't be sick, please."

"I'll try not to," I forced out a laugh. At least he didn't know my fake smiles and forced laughs. "When exactly is soon?"

"Ten minutes. Please try to hold it," He spoke, not taking his eyes off the road.

I covered my mouth with my hand, silently waiting. I didn't like this morning sickness. It slowly stopped behaving and started making me sick whenever it felt like it.

I didn't even know why they called it morning sickness. It was three in the afternoon and I was seriously about to lose everything I had eaten on the ride here.

The car slowed down, eventually stopping in front of a fairly medium sized modern home. I swear, if everyone in the band lived here...

Patrick cut the engine and I sighed, "Patrick, does everyone live here?"

"Nope. Just me, Joe, Pete, and my girlfriend."

I gasped, "You have a girlfriend?"

His face turned a bright shade of pink, "For four years now."

"D'awww! That's adorable!" I giggled.

Before I could prod further into his love life, the front door swung open. Joe was standing there, staring at us.

Patrick awkwardly got out of the car and walked around to the passenger side, opening my door for me. I got out slowly. Joe's eyes were following my every single movement.

Patrick opened the back doors and grabbed my suitcases, "Just, uh, go ahead on in. I'll get this. I don't want you to - "

I rolled my eyes at him, "Trick, I can carry a bag. I'm two months pregnant, not nine. Plus, I carried them to your car when we left."

"Well, I just don't want you to, y'know, hurt yourself."

"Patrick! Who's this?" Joe yelled. Finally.

"This is my little cousin, Rachel. Rachel, this is - "

"Joseph Mark Trohman," I smirked.

A small smile played at Joe's lips, "Why are you here?"

"Am I not welcome?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"You are definitely welcome," Patrick spoke quickly, struggling to balance all the bags he had in his hands.

"Just tell me why you're here," Joe said, walking down the path that lead from the door to the curb.

"I ran away," I said with a straight face.

His smile fell, "What? Why?"

"Oh, because life back home sucked, Broseph." New nickname for him already. I'm such a loser.

"How old are you again?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seventeen," I replied simply, shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay!" Patrick clapped, sensing the awkwardness fill the air. "Joe, can you get one of her bags?"

Joe mumbled something as he grabbed one of my bags like Trick had asked him to. He turned to me, "Can you go get Pete?"

I nodded and walked up to the house slowly. I entered my new home awkwardly, taking in all of my surroundings. The house smelled like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Delicious.

I bumped into someone and fell flat on my ass.

The mystery person turned around and jumped back, "Who the hell are you?"

I rubbed my head, staring straight up at him, "Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that?"

"Rae, are you okay?" Patrick asked, rushing over to me. He reached down and grabbed my hand, pulling me up.

I nodded, "Thanks."

"Again, I ask, who the hell are you?"

I glared at Pete, "Patrick's cousin, Rachel."

He took a bite of his cookie, nodding slowly, "Why are you here?"

"Chew with your fucking mouth closed. It's disgusting to see food flying out of it every time you fucking open it."

Joe and Patrick laughed loudly. Pete shot them a glare and they stopped. Or, at least they tried to.

What the hell was I doing? I was acting so bitchy to the guys who literally saved my life. What a way to start off, Rachel.

A tall brunette ran down the stairs, "Rachel? Hi! I'm Jessica!"

I soon engulfed in a huge hug. I just stood there awkwardly, patting her back. Pete stared at her like, 'what the actual fuck'.

"Rachel, this is my girlfriend," Patrick grinned as Jess pulled away from me. She smiled widely before pecking Patrick on the cheek.

They were adorable together, not gonna lie. And they seemed like they really did love each other.

"Wait, how come she knew about her coming, and we didn't?" Pete asked, shoving the rest of his cookie into his mouth.

"Those cookies were for you!" Jess shrieked, noticing what he had been eating.

Pete's eyes went wide and he grabbed my arm, yanking me in front of him. Stupid fucker almost made me lose my balance.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, turning half way around to look at him.

Jess tried to get him, but he moved me wherever she went. He was using me as a shield. That little douche.

"I'm sorry, Jess!" He practically shouted in my ear.

She sighed and gave up, settling for his shitty apology - if you could even call it that. It was more of an attempt to get her off of his nuts.

"Rachel, I'm sorry he ate your cookies."

"Why'd you make her cookies and not us?" Joe asked, kinda offended.

"Because I'm eating for two," I said, looking down at my stomach. I patted it gently.

Wait. Did I just...

Oh, no.

"You're what?" Pete asked, shoving me away from him.

Joe caught me and spun me back around to face Pete. He kinda shoved me away from him, too. It's like they were afraid to touch me.

I rolled my eyes, "I know you heard me." I rubbed my stomach and frowned slightly. The only memory I'll have to face every day, is growing inside of me. And, it didn't looked like I had something inside of me. It just looked like I was getting fatter.

"Oh, I thought you were just chubby," Pete shrugged.

Why was he being such an asshole to me? It was like the first day I met Jack all over again. Except this time, I was meeting the man behind my favorite songs. And let me tell you, it was not like I had expected. I expected him to be all nice and welcoming. But, no. I was far off.

"Pete, you're such a douche!" Jess yelled, smacking him upside his head.

"Ow!" He yelled back, rubbing the spot where her hand had made contact with his head.

Patrick had re-entered the house, carrying the last of my bags. I didn't even realize he had left to go get them.

"Pete, take these up to her room," Jess demanded. I liked her. She was pretty awesome. I could tell that we would be getting along just fine.

"Do I fucking have to?" He groaned.

"Yes. I'm not gonna make her carry these things. And Joe didn't eat the cookies," She said, glaring at him. She must have put a lot of work into those cookies if she was this upset over him eating them.

Pete rolled his eyes at her and grabbed my bags, stomping his way up the stairs.

"Where the fuck is her room?" He yelled down the stairs.

"Oh, yeah...lemme show you to your room!" She giggled, grabbing my arm. She led me up the stairs. I looked at all the pictures on the walls. Pictures from their shows were scattered about in picture frames on the walls. It was amazing.

She made a left turn, passing three doors before stopping at a fourth door at the end of the hallway.

Pete followed closely behind and groaned as we stopped, "Ugh, really? You're giving her my room?"

"Well, there's no other rooms to give her. And you're never here half the time anyways," Jess said, looking over her shoulder at him.

He sighed, "It was such a good room, though..."

"Well, since I can't sleep alone, you and I can share. How's that?" I offered, smiling at him. The last few nights I had to spend alone were terrible. I got practically no sleep.

"You can't sleep alone?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I got so used to my boyfriend sleeping over with me. I just can't sleep without someone by my side," I shrugged. Wow, I must've sounded like a whore.

Jess cleared her throat and swung the bedroom door open. I gazed inside of the room, taking in everything. This was it. This would be my new bedroom.

There were two oak dressers against the walls on each side of the room. A queen sized bed was positioned against the wall in the middle of the room. It had four pillows stacked in two rows next to each other on it. A plush, white down comforter was covering the bed.

It must've been Pete's because he walked over and stripped the bed bare.

"Good thing I brought my own stuff," I said sarcastically.

"You didn't bring any pillows or blankets?" Jess asked, her mouth skewed to the side.

Pete sighed, putting the pillows and comforter back onto the bed. "We're sharing tonight."

Wow. He was doing something nice. I smiled at him, "Thanks, Wentzly."

"Don't call me that," He said with a straight face.

"Wentzly, Wentzly, Wentzly!" I shouted in his ear.

Pete tackled me to the bed, pinning my hands above my head, "I told you not to call me that."

"Wentzly!" I yelled, kneeing him in the nuts.

He fell over in pain. I heard him whimper a little. He was crying. I didn't hit him that hard, did I?

I laughed and got up, "Also, hurt my baby by doing that again, and I will kill you."

He just laid there, holding himself. Jess laughed and high-fived me.

"Do you guys want food!?" Jess yelled down the stairs. A collective "Yes!" rang throughout the house. "Alright, let's go get food."

"Pete, get up," I said, nudging him with my foot. He groaned in pain. I nudged him again, "Get. Up."

He swatted at my foot, trying to get me away. I laughed and kept bothering him. This was just like when I first met Jack. Insanity.

A wave of nausea hit and I darted out of the room and to the bathroom. Worst time to hit me, don'tcha think?

I flipped the lid of the porcelain bowl up and immediately started my usual routine. Throw up as much as I can, dry heave, shake like crazy, repeat.

"Pete!" I screamed as I saw him walk by the small room.

He back tracked and stood at the doorway, eying me curiously, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I shot back at him before another wave crashed over my body. I hung my head over the side of the bowl again, gagging. Fuck, I had nothing left to get out. "Get me water?"

He rushed out of the room, hopefully going to get me a water. He ran back in moments later, carrying a nice, cool bottle of water.

I smiled weakly as he handed it to me. I took a long sip of the refreshing liquid and rested my head on my arm, which was resting on the toilet's lid. Disgusting? I know.

Pete crouched down beside me, pulling my hair back out of my face so none of it would fall over my shoulder and into the nastiness. He started rubbing small circles onto my back.

"I thought you hated me?" I asked, picking my head up. I felt weak as hell.

"Yeah, well, you're too pretty to stay mad at. And we'll be living together for a while, so why not be nice?" He whispered softly. His voice was so nice and calming. I wanted to sleep for days with him just whispering anything into my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// chicago is so two years ago - fall out boy. :]

this. is. so. long.
and the reason it is so long is because i am making up for all the short chapters i have posted. so, huzzah! long chapter!

also, i like writing fob chapters. i have a bunch of them already. so...non-stop updating. :D
loljk, i'll update when i have time.

alex's pov is next! :D

thoughts on the fob-ness!?

x.