Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Take This To Heart

Rachel's POV

I opened my eyes sleepily. Last night felt like a terrible dream. The way I had acted was so...so, not like me. I felt bad for everyone I was making go through this. But, this was partially their fault. If they hadn't made life so hard for me back home, I wouldn't have run away. Simple as that.

I didn't want to move, so I just laid in bed, staring at the wall. It was interesting. Not. I couldn't move, anyways, due to Pete's arm resting over my side protectively.

Just like Jack...

I shoved those thoughts to the back of my mind. I wanted to forget that part of my life. But, no matter how hard I wanted to, I couldn't. I would always have one thing reminding me of them.

Pete's arm was slowly dragged off of me. The bed got lighter and I turned over to watch him get ready.

He stretched before leaning down to grab his pants. He stepped one leg in, and then the other, pulling them up. He jumped a little, trying to get them on all the way.

I couldn't help but to giggle.It was cute. Stop it, Rachel.

He immediately turned around and stared at me, "How long have you been watching me?"

"Um, since you got out of bed?" I replied sleepily.

"Why were you watching me?"

"Because...people watching is fun. And, I wanted to see how Pete Wentz puts on his pants," I giggled.

He laughed lightly at my comment, shaking his head, "Well, I'm gonna go to McDonalds to get food. You wanna come?"

I sat up and stretched, yawning slightly. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood, stretching again. I loved to stretch. It always felt so good.

I shuffled over to the door, which had a full length mirror on the back of it. I looked myself over in the mirror - messy bun, sweat pants, tank top, smudgey eyeliner. Fine with me.

I shrugged and my reflection and walked back over to the bed, slipping on a pair of flip-flops.

Yesterday was a very busy day. I got in around...9AM, I think. I proceeded to have Jess take me out and buy a phone, using one of my fake ID's. Yes, I had a fake ID. So what? My credit card was under that fake ID. My parents were oblivious to my whole entire life.

Anyways, I then called my parents and was going to tell them, but they were frantic and called the police. Stupid, stupid move on their part.

We then came back after smashing the phone in the middle of this like, abandoned skate park that Pete knew about, and she helped me unpack. So yes, yesterday was a very eventful day.

Pete and I crashed around 12AM. He was a fantastic cuddle buddy, I had to admit.

"Rachel?" Pete's voice sailed through my ears, snapping me out of my daze.

"Let's go, Wentzly."

"What did I tell you about that?" He asked, trying to hold his smile back.

"Rah," I replied, rolling my eyes. I shuffled to the door again and opened it. I walked across the hall to the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and turned on the water, getting the bristles damp before applying some toothpaste.

I squeezed on a little dab on toothpaste and started scrubbing my teeth in little circles.

After about three minutes of scrubbing, I spit and rinsed my toothbrush.

"Minty fucking fresh," I breathed, staring at my perfect white smile. It reminded me of Rian...

Pete cleared his throat, subtly telling me to move. I moved to the side and let him do his thing, watching him as he did so.

I leaned against the doorframe with my arms crossed, "Pete?" He grunted in response due to a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. "Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?" He asked after he had spit.

"Let me share the bed with you," I spoke softly.

"Oh...um, because I wasn't going to make you sleep in an empty bed, y'know, without sheets or anything..." He shrugged.

Did Pete...? No. He couldn't. Could he?

"And, I didn't want to sleep on the couch."

I laughed at his remark and shook my head as I turned to leave the bathroom. I walked down the stairs with Pete following close behind.

I saw Patrick and Jess cuddling on the couch, watching SpongeBob. I let out an 'awww' and their heads snapped in me and Pete's direction.

"Sup guys?" Jess smiled at us.

"We're going to get something to eat. Don - "

"Wanna come?" I smiled brightly, rocking back and forth on my heels.

Pete turned to me and lowered his voice, "Ugh, really? You want them to come?"

"Well, yeah. I was thinking we could go get some room-warming gifts after we got something to eat," I whispered back at him.

"We can go together. Do we really need to bring them?" He groaned.

"Pete, why don't you want them coming?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around why he didn't want them coming with us. There can only be two reasons...

"Because..."

"That's not an answer, Wentz," I said, placing my hands on my hips.

"Guys!" Jess yelled, desperately trying to get our attention. "We're gonna stay here. Pete obviously has a problem with us."

Pete rolled his eyes and turned to face Jess, "I only have a problem with you, Jessie."

She shot him a glare before sticking her tongue out at him. Patrick giggled at the two. I'm sure he and I thought the same thing - Pete and Jess acted like they were brother and sister. They were always fighting. Yesterday, they wouldn't shut up about how 'he did this' or 'she hit me!'.

"Let's go," Pete mumbled, grabbing his hoodie and throwing it on.

I grabbed my hoodie and put it on, pulling the hood up, "K buddy. Le'z go!"

He laughed and grabbed my hand, leading me out the door.

My heart fluttered at the feel of his touch. What the hell was going on with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// take this to heart - mayday parade.

i couldn't find a song that went well with the chapter, so i used a random MP song. yaaaaaaaay. :|

this is a very short, stupid filler.

i'm in such a terrible mood right now. someone literally blew up my mailbox, like 2 hours ago. i'm still so pissed off. my mom wouldn't call the police and jdksgdslg. ARGH.

so, before i go on a rant about how i hate this fucking place and everyone in it, i'm going to stop myself. this is going to help me calm down:

Image
I LIKE MY MEN SCRAWNY. ;D
ILOVEJACKOMFG.

thoughts?

x.