Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Let Me Know

Rachel's POV

Pete and I walked throughout Target, looking for stuff for my room. I honestly loved Target. They had the best things.

"Rae, can we, like hurry?" Pete whined. So far, he didn't let me look at anything without complaining. It was seriously getting on my nerves. He was acting like a little five year old kid.

"Ugh, hold on, dude," I said, looking at comforters. A brown and blue comforter caught my attention. I picked up the big bag that contained it, "What about this one?"

"Yes, let's get it and go," Pete said, grabbing the bag from me. He threw it in the cart and started walking away.

"Why are you in such a hurry, Wentzly?" I asked, trying to keep up with him. He gave up telling me to stop calling him that. He knew I wasn't going to stop anytime soon. And, the more he protested it, the more I wanted to keep calling him that.

"I want to go home and sleep!" He whined. "I only got three hours because you kept having to get up and puke. And we're heading to California next week to finish the record. I need to pack."

"What? You guys are going to Cali next week?" I asked, stopping. I just stood there and stared at him. Why didn't Patrick tell me they were going next week? I wanted to go!

Pete stopped and turned around, "Patrick didn't tell you? I thought he did."

He should've mentioned that while we were driving back to Chicago. We talked about everything, except for that one, small detail.

"How long are you guys going for?"

"Two months..." He laughed nervously.

Two months I would be alone. Two months I would spend miserable. Two whole fucking months. They would come back and I would be big and unattractive. I wouldn't even have a tan. I would be all white, and yuck.

"Pete, I wanna go," I finally spoke. I walked up next to him and grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers with his. "I really wanna go!"

"You sure you can go?" He asked, slowly pushing the cart.

"Yes. I'm sure. I mean, I don't want to be alone."

He rubbed my hand with his thumb, "Alright, well, I guess we should ask Patrick..."

"Oh my God, I need clothes for Cali. I need summer clothes!" I exclaimed happily. I let go of Pete's hand and ran down to the clothes.

He quickly followed behind, trying to keep up with me.

I started looking at all the pretty dresses and skirts. I held up a sundress for Pete to approve.

He walked over, "For a pregnant girl, you run fast."

"I know I shouldn't be running, but when I get excited, I run around a lot," I giggled. I placed the dress in the cart and ran to another rack of clothes. "Ooh my goodness, this is so cute!"

Pete laughed as I started picking out clothes and throwing them in the cart, "Okay, okay, enough. Do you have money?"

"Wentz, I have two thousand dollars saved up from baby sitting, pet sitting jobs and various other jobs. I think I've got enough," I said, lowering my voice.

"Alrighty, now can we go?"

I nodded my head happily. I skipped up to the lines and stood in line six since it was the shortest. Pete came up behind me and poked my side. I let out a squeak and turned around to slap his arm lightly, "Don't do that again! I'm so ticklish!"

He just laughed at me and grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I looked down at our hands, then looked back up at him, smiling.

Just yesterday, we seemed like we hated each other. I know he didn't really hate me. He told me so...

A woman and her daughter, who looked about a year younger than me, came up to me and Pete, "Hey, Pete, can I get an autograph?"

Pete smiled brightly, "Oh, yeah, sure!"

The girl smiled so big, I thought her mouth was gonna fall off. She handed him the TTTYG CD for him to sign.

I handed him a sharpie that I just so happened to have in my purse as he ripped off the plastic. He gave me the plastic and I shoved it in my pocket, waiting until I found a trash can to throw it away.

He signed his name on the CD right above his picture, adding a smiley face next to the big, black scribbles.

She happily took the CD back and stared at it in awe, "Th - thanks, Pete!"

He chuckled lightly, "No problem!"

She quickly hugged him and walked off with her mother, excitedly yelling, "I just met Pete Wentz! Everyone's gonna be so jealous!"

I looked at Pete. He had a huge grin plastered across his face. He obviously loved when people recognized him. It was sweet.

I poked his side, "D'awww, Petey's happy!"

He just grinned a goofy grin and started loading things onto the belt. I pulled out my wallet, ready to pay my fair share.

Pete put his hand on my wallet, stopping me from paying, "I got it."

"You sure, bro?" I asked, slowly putting my wallet back.

He nodded and pushed the cart up closer to the register. He watched the total increase with each item that the cashier scanned.

"Fans should come up to you more often," I laughed. He just grinned.

The cashier loaded our bags into the cart and turned to Pete, "Your total is 67.34."

Pete took out his wallet and handed the boy four twenties. The cashier took it and dug through the register, finding the right amount of change.

He handed Pete the money and Pete took it, shoving it into the front pocket of his jeans.

"How can you fit shit in there?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"They're not that tight. I mean, at least they're not girl jeans or anything."

"Pete, they look like they could be mine. When we get home, I wanna try them on," I said in all seriousness. Seriously, his pants looked so tight on him.

He laughed loudly, "Alright, fine."

***

I stepped out of the bathroom, grinning widely, "I told you!"

His eyes went wide. He just stood there, trying to hide his growing grin.

"Pete, in about a month, these will fit perfectly," I smirked, pulling the baggy jeans away from my stomach to show him. These were definitely girls jeans. I think Jack bought a pair of these one time when I went to the mall with him.

Yes, Jack wore girl jeans. Apparently, he wasn't the only one.

"Shut up," He mumbled.

"Oh, c'mon, Petey. Just admit that you wear girl jeans," I giggled, poking his side playfully.

"I said shut up," He said, grinning a little bit.

I stuck my tongue out and ran out of the room. He started chasing after me.

I sped down the stairs and ran into the kitchen.

Jess stared at me, raising her eyebrow a little, "What are you doing?"

"Running from Pete," I said, quickly darting through the kitchen to the dining room.

Pete ran in and looked at me, pointing to me, his lips rising into a small smirk, "You. Give me my pants!"

"Wait! She's wearing your pants?" Jess asked, trying not to laugh.

I nodded and ran to the living room. Pete quickly chased after me. Honestly, I didn't know why he was chasing me. I didn't even know why I was running.

I dove onto the couch. I brought a blanket up over my head, covering myself before curling into a little ball.

Pete lifted up the covers, smiling at me, "If you weren't pregnant, I so would've jumped on you."

"If I weren't pregnant, I wouldn't be here," I laughed, sitting up.

"It was fate," Jess said, walking into the room.

"What?" Pete and I asked at the same time. Pete looked at me as I looked at him, raising my eyebrows slightly. We were both probably wondering the same thing - what the hell was Jess on?

She shook her head, "I'll tell you later."

I looked at Pete. His deep brown eyes stared at me, scanning my face and every movement that I made. He was probably trying to figure out what I was thinking while I tried figuring out what he was thinking.

Could Pete...have feelings for me? No, he couldn't! We just met! Maybe it was fate because...

Nah. That wasn't it.

I quickly brought my hand up and snapped my fingers, causing him to flinch and snap out of his daze. I was going to do whatever I could to stop myself from falling for him.

I sunk lower into the couch as he crawled next to me. He was going to make this super fucking hard.

"Trohman!" I yelled, scrambling to my feet as he walked by the living room.

"Hey?" He asked, rather than stated, unsure of why I was all of a sudden talking to him.

I had to think of something to say, and fast. I searched around for something I could make a conversation about. A guitar, leaning against the brick wall of the fireplace caught my eye. That's it.

"Can you teach me how to play guitar?" I smiled, cocking my head to the side.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" He smiled. He set down his plate of food on the coffee table and walked over to get his guitar.

I sat down on the couch as Joe walked over and took a seat next to me, "You're gonna need a guitar. Hey, Pete, can you go get her one of Patrick's?"

Pete just nodded his head, got up, and left the room to go get me a guitar. I sighed and rested my head on Joe's shoulder.

"Broseph?"

"What?" He asked, resting his head on mine.

"How old is Pete?" I whispered softly so Pete couldn't hear me.

"Twenty-five. Why?"

What. What. What. I just sat there in shock. Twenty-five. Well...

"No reason," I said as Pete walked in with an acoustic guitar. He handed it to me, then left the room again. Oh.

He was going to make things difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// let me know - the audition.

meeeeeh. i don't feel like writing much here. :| my brother's bugging me to get off. sooooooooo...

thoughts? :D

x.