Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Champagne's For Celebrating (I'll Have A Martini)

Alex's POV

I walked down the hallways of the school by myself. I earned sympathetic stares from teachers and students. It was so stupid. Have you noticed pathetic is in the word sympathetic? That's how everyone was acting...pathetic.

"Alex!"

"Hey, Kara," I smiled weakly at her as she ran up to me.

She took a piece of paper out of her bag and handed it to me, "I'm not sure if I should be giving this to you, but whatever. Rachel said she wanted you to see it someday. Just...read it, and if you need someone, I'm here for you."

I forced a smile and studied the folded little note curiously. Rachel wrote me a note. Me.

I darted down the hallway to my English class, rushing passed everyone who clogged the halls. I quickly rushed into my class and took a seat in the back, next to the window. I loved this seat. I could watch everyone skip and get caught.

I unfolded the note and scanned it over. Handwritten. Approximately nine/ten lines. Many, many scratched out words. Typical Rachel note.

Hi Alex. You're reading this, so that must mean Kara gave this to you. Hah. Well, by now you know I left. I'm so sorry for leaving, but I just couldn't stay. I'm probably gonna regret running. Whatever. It was for the best. I didn't want to tie you down with this...this THING inside me. I can't believe what you did to me. Hahah, kidding. I can't believe I was so stupid into letting you think I was on the pill, or something stupid like that. Whoops! But, onto a much more sad topic. (Did that make sense? 'Much more sad'? What am I on?) Anyways, back to the sad topic; I've got mixed feelings about this, but I'll be blunt.- I'm not coming back. I've done something so terrible. I've fucked up my life. If I stayed, I would've fucked your life up, just as bad as mine. I want to see your name in lights, Alex. Go out and make me and baby proud. I love you, Alex. Have a fantastic life.

I slowly set the note down on the desk. I covered my mouth with my hand and just stared off at the whiteboard. Rachel was never coming back. Lisa was right...

My hand shot straight up into the air, waiting for the teacher to see it.

"What is it, Mr. Gaskarth?" He asked, sighing a little. He obviously hated his job.

"Can I le - leave?" I asked, my voice trembling a bit. I was on the verge of a breakdown. Rachel was never coming back and that just tore my heart out of my chest.

"Why?" He asked, a little venom slipping out into his word this time.

"I just need to leave. I don't feel too well," I sighed. I ran my hand through my thick, brown hair. This was not happening to me. I needed a drink.

"Alexander, I don't think - "

"Let me fucking leave!" I shouted, letting all my anger out on the poor man. Oh, dear God, help me. I folded the note back up and shoved it into my bag before bolting out of the classroom.

"Alexander, get back here!" I heard Mr. Albez's voice ring throughout the halls. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I would be in so much trouble when I got home.

I started running. I didn't know why, but my feet decided to pick up the pace. I ran down the long hallway before slamming open the front doors of the school.

Soon, I heard footsteps running after me. Oh, great, security was on my tail. I hated this goddamn school.

"Alex, stop running!" You know it's bad when security knows you by your first name.

"Fuck off!" I shouted back at them. I took a sharp turn right and darted to my car parked in the student parking lot.

I quickly unhooked my keys from my belt, opened my door, and jumped in, starting the car as quick as I could.

Backing out of my spot, I almost hit a security guard. Oops.

I sped out of the parking lot, running the red light set up at the crossroad of the school entrance/exit and the main road. I almost hit a soccer mom.

Look what Rae was doing to me. She was tearing me up inside. I was seriously breaking down right before everyone's eyes. I was tearing up at the seams.

I wondered how was taking this whole thing. She was probably living it up in California. Or Chicago.

I wanted to take a roadtrip to Cali. Maybe stop in Chicago for a bit...

I would have to ask the guys if they wanted to go, because my mom would not let me go by myself. And, I didn't think Icould should go back to school for a week. Looked like this week, I would be taking a trip with my friends.

I really needed a drink.

***

Rachel's POV

"Who the fu - PETE!"

Pete's eyes bulged out of their sockets when he realized what he had done wrong. Patrick came running down the stairs, only wearing a towel. Gross, gross, gross. I didn't want to see my cousin like that.

"Why did you pee in the fucking shower again!?" Patrick shouted at him.

"I - I - 'Cause it's funny as hell to see you react like that," Pete chuckled. Pete was such an idiot. So far, in the time I've spent here, Pete had set off a smoke bomb in Jess's car "accidentally", peed in Patrick's shower two times, ate my cookies, and smashed Joe's guitar. Everyone wanted to kill him, minus me.

I thought everything he did was extremely funny. Probably because he didn't do anything to me. Whatever, it was still humorous. I'm sure if he did do something to me, I'd laugh, and then attack him with a baseball bat, like Jess did earlier.

I should've been in school right now, but I was on the couch watching Patrick scream at Pete for pissing in his shower. Apparently, Pete's pee smells absolutely terrible. Gross.

I ate my Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which I was only eating because they had no Honey Nut Cheerios. I was kinda upset at them for that. And, since I was pregnant, I was probably going to be craving Honey Nut Cheerios a lot.

I sat in silence, just eating away at my cereal, watching as the two bandmates fought. It was kinda hard to believe they were best friends because of how much Patrick was yelling. Every once in awhile, Pete would crack a smile and cause Patrick to semi-grin.

I wondered what Alex and them were doing right now. They were all probably eating lunch, or they were in their fifth period classes. I think Alex had English after lunch. Haha, sucks for him. Jack had gym fifth. He was most likely skipping. He never went to gym. According to him, he 'would never need to use it in real life'. I had to explain to him that he's never going to have to write a three page paper in real life either, yet he only sometimes skipped English. His logic was so stupid. I think the real reason was he didn't like to be all sweaty around a bunch of guys, yet he was in a band...

My friends were weird.

"Pete, you suck," Patrick finished with his little rant, and walked up the stairs.

"You suck, Peter," I laughed, shoving another spoonful into my mouth.

He came and jumped onto the couch, sitting right next to me. He was practically on top of me. It was super awkward.

I stretched out my leg, nudging him just a little with it, "Back off, Wentz, or this cereal is going either, A - down your pants, or B - on your head."

He mumbled something inaudible before getting up. He walked out of the room, probably going to...I don't even know. Wentz was so fucking confusing.

"This is ringing," He said, walking back into the room with my phone in hand. He threw it at me before walking back out. I think I pissed him off.

"Hello?" I answered, my mouth full of cereal.

"Rachel? Oh my God, you answered! Why'd you leave!" Alex's voice sailed through the phone.

I choked on my cereal, dropping my bowl and my phone. Pete darted in the room, "Are you okay!?"

"Shut up!" I shouted, still semi-choking on my breakfast/lunch.

"What, why?" He asked, scrunching up his face, obviously from confusion.

"He'll hear you!" I replied, pointing to my phone that was on the floor in a puddle of milk. "Oh, I guess not."

Thank you, milk, for saving my ass. My phone was fried, and Alex would have no more ways of trying to get in touch with me. Good.

"Who are you really running from?" Pete asked, stepping over the spilled milk to take a seat on the couch next to me. This time, he was a comfortable distance away from me.

I sighed and turned to him. He would find out the whole story sooner or later.

"Well, back in Maryland, I had a group of friends who're in a band. So, they're like, really close. And, well, I was best friends with the lead singer, Alex, and I was also super close with the guitarist, Jack," I said, my voice becoming a little shaky. I didn't know if I wanted to continue explaining things. Every time I thought about it, I wanted to burst into tears, curl into a ball, and sleep for days.

But, Pete nodded his head and motioned for me to continue.

I drew a deep breath in, "Okay, so, Jack and I were best friends with benefits. And, up until around a month ago, Alex asked me to prom. We started dating after that. Everyone saw it coming, but me. I had no fucking clue Alex liked me like that. Whatever. So, a month goes by of - "

"What happened with Jack?"

"We were sneaking around behind Alex's back," I said, looking down at my ring finger. "Even while I was wearing this..."

Pete glanced down at my hand, then looked back up at me, "Promise ring?"

"Yup."

"Did he find out that you were...y'know,"

"Pregnant? Yes," I sighed.

"No, no, cheating on him," He said, shaking his head.

"Nope..." I said, biting my lip. "Maybe he never will."

"You're terrible," That was all Pete said before getting up and leaving the room. I groaned a fell back onto the plush couch pillows. I grabbed a pillow and smooshed it over my face, slightly screaming. Pete now thought I was an even bigger whore.

"Now come help me with this," Pete's voice rang throughout the room. I shot up and saw him holding two cans of hairspray.

"What are you...?"

"You'll see," He smirked. Maybe he didn't think I was a whore. Thank God.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// champagne's for celebrating (i'll have a martini) - mayday parade. :)

hello lovelies. so, i was reading the meaning behind versaemerge's new songs and one really caught my eye - up there. i had thought i related to it really well before i read it, but now...now it's like, WHAT THE FU-OH MY GOD. hahah. :| you can read my explanation of relationship to it on my tumblr. :)))

i thought the note rachel wrote was sad. i was like :'( while writing it. :|
sooooooooo...your thoughts?

x.