Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

In Her Tomb By The Sounding

Alex's POV

I sighed and fell onto the couch. Everyone was here in my basement, playing games, and just hanging out. They were all trying to keep me company, and they were all trying to cheer me up. It just made me more upset. The one person I wanted to be here, wasn't.

"Alex?"

I snapped out of my daze and slowly looked up to see Lisa standing there, a sad look painted on her face.

"Can I sit down?" She asked, her soft voice was like music to my ears. Everyone had talked to me in an either harsh tone, or a stupid, fake sympathetic tone. Her voice was normal. No harshness, no fake sympathy. Just, normal.

I scooted over, just enough room for her to sit. She happily took the seat, and turned to me, "I know you're still upset, but hey, look at it this way, you don't have to worry about having to make money to raise the baby..."

That was like a punch to my stomach. I felt the most guilty about that. She left because she didn't want to do that to me. She wanted me to make it big, she didn't want to make this baby tie me down.

I was the reason she ran.

"Lisa, just stop," I sighed, standing up. I ran up the stairs, my whole body was shaking. I just wanted to wake up from this terrible nightmare, and just see her face lying next to mine. If only this was just a terrible nightmare...

I could hear footsteps behind me. Great, just great. They were chasing after me. Fun, fun, fun.

I quickly darted up the stairs that led to my room. I ran down the hallway, my pace quickening when I heard the footsteps become faster. If I could get to my room in time...

Someone grabbed me, and pulled me back. Fuck.

"Alex, fucking stop!" Zack yelled, gripping my shoulders tightly. I squirmed, trying to break free of his killer grip. "We all miss Rachel like crazy! You've got to accept the fact that she's gone, and never coming back!"

"I can't do that, Zack!" I shouted as tears started to roll down my cheeks. My body became weak, I was shaking like crazy, my head was killing me...I officially hit rock bottom.

His grip became looser. Without his grip holding me up, I slumped to the floor, using his legs as my back's support.

"I can't do it, Zack..." I whispered as the tears flowed freely down my face. This was pathetic. I was pathetic.

"Alex...listen to me, Rachel was like my little sister. I miss her too, bro, but you've got to move on with your life. There will be other girls. Maybe they won't be as awesome and down to earth as Rae, but - "

"I can't do it, Zack," I repeated, hugging his legs as I silently sobbed into his jeans. I felt bad that I was doing this to my friends, but fuck, I lost the girl of my dreams, and my baby. I had a right to be bawling my eyes out.

"You fucking have to," He replied, ripping his legs out from my grasp, one at a time.

"I don't think I can," I spoke softly as I sat up. "I know it's so pathetic, but I really don't think I can. She was everything to me, Zack."

Zack sighed and sat on the floor next to me, "She was everything to everyone, Alex. Everyone loved her. How do you think Jack is feeling? He no longer has his best friend. Rian and I no longer have a...a little sister. Kara doesn't have her best friend, and sister. We all fucking miss her. But, we're trying to move on."

"She has my baby, dude," I said, placing my head in my hands.

"So? Maybe one day, you'll meet up with Rae and your kid again. You'll fall head over heels all over again, and you'll see your kid. Honestly, I would rather have that, then fall out of love with her from being stuck here, trying to raise the baby with her."

"I don't think I could ever fall out of love with her."

"With a kid, you definitely would. Happened to Rae's parents. They're getting a divorce," He shrugged.

"Really?" I asked in complete shock. Rachel was tearing everyone apart. She was like duct tape to this group of people. And, when that duct tape runs away, everything crumbles to pieces.

"Yup. Now, forget the past, and just live for the present," He offered me a smile.

I could never forget my past. My past was amazing. The present wasn't. Maybe the future would be amazing. All I needed to do was get there. I weakly smiled at him before standing up with his help, "Thanks, bro."

We did a little bro hug thing with the hand shake, and half hug type thing, before heading back downstairs to everyone. The once noisy room, had become quiet when they realized I entered the room.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"Did you - "

"Zack talked some sense into me," I said, my voice still quiet as anything. Everything in the room was so tense. It was like a burning fire, spreading everywhere. "I'm fine."

"Good, because if you weren't, I was going to be forced to take some drastic measures to make you fucking fine," Jack spoke.

"Like...?"

"Killing you," He said with a straight face.

The room erupted into laughter. Everything wasnormal again okay. I just hoped Zack's words would become the truth. I hoped I would meet up with Rachel one day again.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// in her tomb by the sounding - alesana. <3

GERMANY IS GOING TO THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE WORLD CUP! -DOES HAPPY DANCE- i am so happy. :')
Image

also, I'M GOING TO WARPED TOUR! :'))))))))
-does another happy dance-
Image

anyways, back to the story - i know this is veryyyyyy short, but it's a filler, so...yeah...
HOORAY FOR ZACK FOR TALKING SOME SENSE INTO ALEX~ this calls for another happy dance!
Image
(yes, that's john ohhh from the maine)

Image
DELICIOUS!

/picture splurge.
thoughts?

happy 4th of july, by the way. (:

x.