Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Move Like You Gonna Die

Rachel's POV

As soon as we got back from my doctors appointment, I went straight up to my room. I didn't want to talk to anyone about anything. I was so upset with the results, even though I pretty much knew them before hand. I just didn't want to believe anything I heard.

After about an hour of me just sulking about how the spawn of Jack was forming inside me, I decided that baby Barakat and I were hungry.

I slowly walked down the stairs. I wanted to be as quiet as possible so no one would hear me, and start asking me all these questions about whose it was, and when it's due, and all that shit.

"Pete!" I heard Jess whine from in the kitchen. "What did I tell you?!"

I stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching as the two argued.

"About what, Jess?" Pete sighed, taking a seat at the table.

"I told you to stay away from her! Let her get over her exes first! You're making it difficult for her."

"How the fuck am I making it difficult? You would think that me getting close to her would make her forget about them," He said, his voice raising just a little.

They still hadn't noticed me...

Jess sighed and set the dishes she was cleaning down. She walked over to the table Pete was sitting at and took a seat next to him, "Pete, just let her get over her old life. I don't want you to be a rebound. I'm just looking out for you..."

"Then why did you say it was fate?" He asked, looking her straight in the eyes.

"Because it is. Just let her get over her past," She sighed, standing up and patting his back.

I backed out of the room and ran back upstairs, ignoring my want for food.

Jess had told Pete to stay away from me. Did that mean Pete did actually have feelings for me?

I walked to my room slowly, just thinking about everything. Thoughts swirled around my head like leaves fly around in the fall wind.

I sighed, closing my bedroom door quietly, making sure I wouldn't make any noise so they would know that I was just down there. I walked over to the bed and fell backwards onto it.

Questions, and thoughts leaked out of my brain. Pete had feelings for me. Jess knew. Who else knew about this? How did Pete fall for me so...fast? Life was...Complicated. I thought I knew before, but, I just didn't know anymore. Maybe she told him to stay away because she thought I had feelings for him?

But, the most important question floated around the most - did I have feelings for him?

A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I stared at the door, not saying a word. It's like I thought with me staring at the door, they would know I was here.

Pete slowly opened the door, peaking his head in to see if I was still here.

When he realized I was here, sitting on the bed, just staring at the wall, he walked in all the way.

"Hey," He smiled lightly.

"Oh, hey," I spoke softly, turning my attention back to the door that he had just shut.

"You okay?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, forcing myself to look him in the eyes and smile.

"Stop faking it."

"Faking what?" I asked, acting confused. Fuck, he had seen through my fake smile. He knew every trick out there. This wasn't going to be good.

"Forget it," He sighed, shaking his head. "Wanna go prank Jess?"

A grin grew across my face as I nodded. I loved pranking people. Especially people I was friends with.

"Okay, um, we'll need a can of hairspray, shrink wrap...and a bucket of ice water," He smirked, standing up from the bed. "Oh, and a camera."

"A camera?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. I think I understood the rest...minus the hairspray. "Also, what's with the hairspray?"

"Oh, you'll see..." He laughed evilly. "Go downstairs and I'll meet you there soon."

I got up from the bed slowly and made my way down the stairs for the second time.

I looked out the window and noticed Jess's car was gone. I wondered where she went...

I wondered why she went wherever she did.

I shook my head, clearing all the thoughts that were about to take over my mind.

Pete came running down the stairs with a can of hairspray and a camera, "Hold this. Thanks."

I took the camera and furrowed my eyebrows, curious as to what he was going to do next.

He walked into the kitchen and motioned for me to follow. I followed close behind and watched as he dug through the drawers.

He pulled out a box of shrink wrap and set it on the counter along with the hairspray. He tapped his chin, thinking of what his next move was gonna be.

I watched from the side as he snapped his fingers and ran out of the kitchen, towards the basement door.

I turned on the camera, wanting to catch his genius.

He ran back up the stairs, carrying a bucket, "You're filming this?" He asked, looking at me, not the camera.

"I wanted to capture your genius," I laughed, following him into the kitchen.

"Oh, shit, it's showing? I knew there was something off," He mumbled, looking down at his pants.

I laughed loudly, almost dropping the camera, "No, no, no! Genius, not penis!"

He laughed nervously. That obviously embarrassed him. "Fuck, I need ice..."

"Can't we go get some?" I asked.

"Jess went to the store. She would be fuckin' suspicious if she saw us walking around with a camera and a bag of ice," He laughed.

"Well, then think of a new idea, smart one," I shrugged, taking my can of hairspray back from him.

"Ugh, but this one was genius! She would kill me," He sighed. Wow, he seemed upset that she wasn't going to kill him. Odd.

I thought about a possible prank to make Jess wanna kill him, just to make him happy. I snapped my fingers, just as he had done moments before, "I got it."

"Tell me," He said, his eyes lighting up.

"Do Trick and Jess do the...nasty?" I asked, setting the camera down. I made sure it was facing us and still filming.

He groaned, "All the fucking time! You can hear it through the walls." I laughed loudly as he scrunched up his face. "Trust me, Rach, it's not fun to hear."

"Okay, so, I've seen your footage of you running in on people as the porn ninja..."

***

12:44 in the morning and I was cuddling with Pete on the couch, watching TV and waiting for Jess and Patrick to go upstairs.

I could hear Jess giggle as Patrick whispered something that I couldn't make out.

"Night guys," Patrick said, grabbing Jess's hand to lead her up the stairs.

"Pete, remember what I told you," Jess warned before walking up the stairs behind Patrick.

I remember what she told him...

He rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to me, "I can't wait to get her back."

"What?" I asked, trying to hide the fact that knew.

"Oh, um, nothing," He said, shaking his head, probably at himself.

"Just tell me, Pete," I sighed.

"No. Let's go get the stuff," He said quickly. He removed his arm from me and got up, walking over to the door to get his hoodie.

I rolled my eyes and got up after him. I walked over to the door and slipped my shoes on.

Pete grabbed his keys and ran out the door. I followed quick behind as he hopped in the car.

"Hurry," He whined. "We need to get it and get back quickly."

"How long are they at it for? Twelve minutes?" I chuckled, getting in the car. He sped off before I could get my seatbelt on.

"Um, try an hour," He said, crunching up his face again.

I could see why he did that though. I mean, Patrick and Jess...doing the nasty...

Yuck.

"Well, then why do you wanna hurry?"

"Because, we gotta set it up," He shrugged.

He pulled into a grocery store parking lot and found a spot. The 'for expecting mommy's' spot. Thank God that was there, though. Even at 12:50 in the morning, this place was packed.

I got out of the car and pulled my hood up over my head. I stood by the car and waited for Pete.

He walked over and grabbed my hand, leading me in.

Remember what Jess said... Fuck it. Maryland was miles away. My past was miles behind me. I was starting my life over.

"Rachel?"

"Yes?" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What were you thinking about?" Pete asked, pulling out the camera out of nowhere.

"Pete, where did that come from?" I laughed, pointing at the camera.

"My pocket," He replied simply. "Now, tell Pete your thoughts."

I laughed and looked at the camera, "Why should I tell you while that's pointed at me?"

"Because, the world - and myself - want to know what's going on in that pretty little head of yours," He laughed, poking my head.

"Well, if you must know, I was thinking about Maryland and my old friends," I sighed. Stupid Maryland thoughts.

He pointed the camera towards his feet, and shut it off, "Oh."

"Can we just get the ice and go?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, sure," He said, picking up on the fact that I wanted desperately to forget Maryland.

***

I followed Pete up the stairs, filming as he carried a bucket full of ice cold water up the steps.

He set the bucket down by the door and walked to our room to transform into the 'porn ninja'. He walked out of the room after a few minutes wearing only a robe.

I chuckled and pointed the camera at him. He just did his signature 'Wentz face' at the camera.

"So, what are we doing?" I asked, just in case this video would be used for a DVD.

"Oh, you'll see," He smirked. "Gimme a bobby pin?"

I pulled one out of my hair and handed it to him. He took it and smiled, turning to Patrick's door.

He picked the lock and quickly grabbed the bucket. I swung the door open for him.

Pete ran into the room and jumped on the bed, dumping the ice cold water on the two lovers. I kept the camera locked on him the whole entire time.

"Pete!" Jess shrieked as the cold water drenched her.

Pete threw the bucket and untied his robe, thrusting his hips at the two, then kicking into the air...like a ninja.

I started laughing hysterically as Patrick tried to hit him. Pete jumped off the bed, his robe still wide open, and ran out of the room screaming, "PORN NINJA FOREVER!"

I quickly shut the door and ran off down the hall after Pete.

"Holy fuck, Pete!" I laughed, still filming him.

He was on the bed, clutching his sides from laughing so hard.

You know how when you laugh super hard, you sometimes go silent? Yeah, that was how hard he was laughing.

I kept the camera on him as he stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"The porn ninja needs to get out of here," He said, still giggling.

"Pete!" I heard Jess scream.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! Lock the door!" He yelled, running to the door. I quickly locked it as he pushed a chair in front of it. Pounding sounded on the other side. Jess was pissed.

"You motherfucking asshole! When you step out of this room, I'm going to kill you!" She screamed, still pounding on the door violently.

I pointed the camera towards Pete, wanting to capture his reaction.

He just looked at me, then at the camera, "We have just successfully gotten a death threat out of Jess. High five."

He held up his hand and I high-fived it, laughing as I did so.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" I asked, setting down the camera. I tried my best to keep my eyes off of his...junk. I didn't want to stare, and be all awkward.

"Leave," He shrugged, walking over to the dresser. He opened the top drawer and pulled out a pair of boxer briefs.

"Where are you planning on going?"

"My parents house," He said, pulling the boxer briefs on. He grabbed a pair of pants off the ground and smelled them. Shrugging, he pulled them on.

I couldn't help but to laugh.

He did the same thing with a shirt. He then looked at me, "You coming?"

"How are we getting passed Jess?" I asked, walking over to the bed to get my hoodie.

I pulled it on and watched him as he walked over to the window. He pulled the window open and crawled onto the roof.

I walked over to the dresser where I had set down the camera and grabbed it. Walking over to the window, I heard rustling coming from the window area.

Pete had jumped off the roof.

I peaked my head out of the window and saw him laying in a pile of leaves.

I giggled as he groaned and stood up, "Throw me the camera."

I did as I was told and tossed the camera down to him. I was afraid he wasn't going to catch it, but he did. Thank God.

I crawled out onto the roof. Flashbacks of me crawling out onto Jack's roof so many nights, popped into my head. I shook my head, ridding myself of those memories.

"Jump!" Pete whisper-yelled.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I whisper-yelled back at him.

"Yes. Now jump! I promise I'll catch you!"

I shut my eyes and scooted myself over the edge, letting gravity do it's thing. Before I knew it, I felt a pair strong hands wrap themselves around my waist.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and smiled, "Carry me!"

He laughed and walked off towards the car.

A thought popped into my head, "Uh, Pete, keys?"

He let go of my waist for a second and pulled out the keys, "Don't worry, I'm not that stupid."

I laughed and jumped off him. I got in on the passenger side as he got in the drivers side.

"So, where do your parents live?" I asked, buckling my seat belt.

He started the car and drove away, "About fifteen minutes from here."

"Do you normally do this?"

"Do what? Pull ridiculous pranks then escape to my parents house? Yes," He laughed.

I shook my head, chuckling. I rested my head on the headrest and watched as the dark suburbia, dimly lit by street lamps, pass by as we drove. It was super relaxing. I eventually let my eyelids shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// move like you gonna die - cobra starship.

i love this chapter, omg. and, yes, this was a pre-written chapter. so, i was still in school, and i wrote part of this in class. i was laughing while writing it, and people started at me. :|

for those of you who don't know...

PORN NINJA!
BEST SCENE IN RELEASE THE BATS. SKDHGLSDG.

i'm going to go watch that now.

x.