Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

One More Weekend

Alex's POV

Everyone was out, buying shit for prom while I was home, writing more songs. It bugged me a little that they went out without asking me if I wanted to go, but I guess they were so sick of hearing me bitch and whine about every little thing that even slightly reminded me of...her.

Plus, I already had my tux, because she and I went out together and picked out everything.

I decided I wasn't going to say, or even think, her name anymore, since it always hurt like hell. I told everyone else not to say it around me. They all thought I was crazy. Which, I probably was. I mean, I spent most of my time by myself in my room, writing songs to express how I felt. I didn't vent to anyone, except Zack last night. I vented to these sheets of paper that lined my notebook. They had become my best friend. Them, and the bottles of liquor that lined my closet.

My parents had no idea that I was stealing their liquor. Hell, I didn't think they cared that I was stealing it. I think they knew that it was the only thing that kept my mind off of her for a couple of hours.

I tapped my pencil on my notebook, trying to think of the right thing to write down. I had bits and pieces of different songs that I was working on, but no full ones. I needed a full one.

Correction - I had a full one, but I didn't know if I wanted to use it. It was about my brother, Daniel, committing suicide awhile back...

That song was just too emotional. I needed something else.

And just like that, a bolt of creativity struck me.

Inquisitive and thoughtful
She was the challenge he'd been waiting for
A reminder that creativity runs deep, like secrets
Dark eyed dreamers - they were a dangerous pair
"Q" next to "U", scribbled out on paper

They stop
They go
They're done

Go back to the place we knew before
Retrace our steps to the basement door
I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile
Like so much time that we spent in the fall
Put color in our cheeks while the air turned cold
Preceding what became our bitter end

Round in circles - let's start over
Round in circles - let's start over


I smiled at what I had just written. It looked really good. All I needed was another verse...

Unanswered questions
Would be the only thing to stop them now
He was the poet, while she was the muse
She had a pen that she knew how to use
A touch of redemption, a hint of elation
A recipe for disaster


Perfect. I picked up my acoustic guitar, and started strumming, trying to find something that would work with the way the words sang in my head. Maybe I should wait for the guys to get back...

I sighed and set my guitar back down. They would know how to fix this song. All I needed to do was wait for them to get back from shopping for prom.

I glanced at the clock on my dresser. 2:03 flashed in green. Oh. They wereprobably already back from shopping. I guess the time just slipped away from me due to the fact that I was forcing things out of my brain.

***

"Just fucking ask her," Jack said, shoving me in her direction.

I stumbled forward, almost tripping due to my shaking knees. Jack suggested I ask Lisa to the prom, so I could go and have a 'fucking amazing night, and possibly get laid!', according to him.

Honestly, I was surprised at how well he was taking this whole thing. As far as I knew, Jack only cried that one time when we found out she left. After that, he just went on as if nothing happened, as if she was never in his life. Maybe it was because he didn't have to worry about being a dad.

I still worried about that, even though my child wasn't going to have anything to do with me. I wanted to make her and baby proud, like she said I should. I was determined to make it big, just to make her smile when she heard my name on TV...

"Oh, hey, Alex," Lisa smiled as she shut her locker door.

"Hey..." I smiled lightly at her.

"What's up?" She asked, her perky voice filling my ears. Her voice was so...so pretty.

I rubbed the back of my neck as I stared down at my shoes. Why was I so nervous? I was just gonna ask her to go as friends. Nothing more than that.

"Well, I was wondering, do you wanna go to prom with me?" I asked quickly, shutting my eyes, afraid of her answer. I was so afraid of her saying no, because I would look like a complete retard, being shot down by one of the prettiest girls in school. That's not how I was. I got any girl I wanted, when I wanted them. If Lisa did say no, she would be the first girl to ever turn me down, even as 'a friend'.

Her face practically light up like a Christmas tree, "Oh, Alex, I'd love to!"

"Awesome," I smiled. We awkwardly stood there for a moment, just staring at each other, thinking of something to say, until the bell rang. "I - I've - "

"I've got to get to class," She said quickly, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "I'll call you later?"

"Yeah!" I said as she headed in the direction of her class.

Jack came up from behind me, "What'd she say?"

"Yes," I breathed out, watching as she turned down the hall. Did I feel something for Lisa?

***

Rachel's POV

Someone started shaking me, consequently causing me to dream I was trapped in a building with Pete as an earthquake struck.

I quickly opened my eyes before Pete was about to tell me something in my dream, and looked around. Pete was standing to the right of me, trying to reach across and unbuckle my seat belt.

I yawned and leaned back, letting him have the room he needed to do it.

A click sounded throughout the car, startling me. It was 1:54 in the morning and I was getting tired. And knowing my body - and the baby inside me - I would be up at around 4, throwing everything up.

I dragged myself out of the car because Pete refused to carry me. I slowly walked to the door while he led the way.

He unlocked the door and walked in, "Watch your step."

I looked down and stepped up the step. I couldn't step up a fucking step without almost losing balance, that's how tired I was.

A tall boy walked out of a room - I'm assuming the kitchen - and looked between Pete and I.

"Andrew, this is Rachel," Pete said quietly. I giggled when he said my name. Everything was suddenly super funny.

Andrew raised his eyebrow at me, "I thought you said no more girlfriends?"

I giggled as Pete turned a bright shade of red, "She's not my girlfriend. She's Patrick's cousin."

"Ohhh! For a second, I thought - "

"You thought wrong, bro," I giggled again.

"Is she...high or drunk?" Andrew asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Gah, I wish I could be either of those!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands above my head. Being high right now sounded fan-fucking-tastic. I hadn't gotten high in months. I needed something to relax me, and that sounded like the best way in the world to do it.

"She's just super tired. We got no sleep last night," Pete yawned. "Oh, by the way, if mom asks, I'm home, and no, she shouldn't wake me up before noon."

"I wanna be up at nine!" I yelled as Pete ushered me up the stairs.

"Ugh, shush. You're gonna wake up my parents," Pete said, putting his hand over my mouth.

I tried saying 'Get your hand off of me!' but it came out sounding like "Et or and ff fu ehhh!"

He removed his hand, wiping it on his pants, "You got my hand all slobbery."

I laughed loudly and grabbed his arm, licking it. It tasted salty, and tattoo-y. Baby wouldn't like that taste.

"Ew! What the fuck are you on?"

"I honestly have no fuckin' clue," I giggled.

He pushed me into his room and closed the door, "Be quiet!"

"You be quiet," I said, hitting his arm. I walked over to his bed and kicked off my shoes before falling backwards. I snuggled up against one of his pillows and instantly fell asleep.

***

I bounded down the stairs after Pete. He had stolen my hoodie and I wanted it back. I didn't want people to see my growing tummy.

"Give it back, Pete!" I shouted, stopping dead in my tracks. I pointed my finger at him and glared.

He stood still, figuring out which way he should run. "But it's so comfy!" He finally shouted.

"Pete, what is going on down there?" Pete's mother yelled down the stairs.

"Nothing, mom!" He yelled back.

I smirked, "You're twenty-five and you still get treated like a fourteen year old?"

"Shut up!" He shouted, trying not to smile. "But hey, when I want a nice, fresh meal, all I have to do is - "

"Clean your room?" I said, the smirk still plastered across my face.

He lunged towards me and I shrieked, darting off towards the stairs. I felt a pair of hands grab my waist, pulling me back down.

He gripped me light enough so he wasn't hurting me, but still tight enough so I couldn't get away, "Now, what were you saying?"

"Let go!" I laughed loudly, struggling to break free.

"No," He whispered in my ear, letting his warm breath dance across the back of my ear.

I shuddered and let my legs become like noodles. Soon, my body was limp without my legs holding it up. That caught him off guard, and he struggled to keep his grip.

I crawled out from under him and bounced upright, "Aha! I win!"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, leading me up the basement stairs.

"Mom!" He yelled, dragging out the 'mmm'.

"What, what? I'm right here!" She said, stepping out of the kitchen.

"We're gonna go," He said, letting go of my hand to give her a hug.

"Alright. Bye, sweetheart," She smiled, hugging him tightly.

They pulled apart and she shifted her gaze to me, "It was nice to meet you, hun."

I was soon embraced in a warm hug. "It was very nice to meet you, too, Mrs. Wentz," I said, hugging her back.

As we pulled away from the hug, Pete grabbed my hand once again and led me to the front door, his mom following us.

She kissed his cheek quickly, "She's a keeper," She said, trying to keep her voice low.

I tried to hold back my growing smile as Pete's face got red.

"Bye, mom," He mumbled, pushing the door open. Awww, it was cute how embarrassed he got over that little comment his mom made.

I giggled as I was dragged out of the house, "Your mom's nice."

"Shut up," He smirked, slightly shoving me.

"No! Seriously! Your mom is nice!" I laughed, regaining my balance.

***

"Jess! Stop!" I yelled, standing in front of Pete. As soon as he stepped foot on the curb, Jess had come running out of the house with a baseball bat in hand. She really wanted to kill him. I kinda don't blame her, because if that happened to me, I would probably react the same way.

"Whoa, you're still mad at me?" Pete asked, ducking out from behind me.

She took one step towards him and he immediately ducked behind me again, "I've got a paintball gun in my car. Back the fuck up."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at them, "Jess, just forget it. It was a harmless prank. I'll make sure he doesn't do it again."

"You were his fucking sidekick!" She shouted at me, venom dripping off every word she uttered.

"Whoa, Jess, she was just filming it because I asked her to!" Pete yelled back at her. A fight was about to break out between the two. I could feel it.

"Both of you, shut the fuck up!" I shouted before storming into the house.

I stormed up the stairs, heading for my room. I slammed the bedroom door and sank down to the floor.

Fuck these hormones. I didn't like getting all mood-swingy around them.

A knock at the door snapped me out of my staring contest with the floor.

"Rachel, can I come in?"

"No," I replied flatly. I pressed my ear to the side of the door as I heard shuffling.

"Pete...what are you doing?" Jess asked.

"Move out of the way," He mumbled. Or, at least it sounded like mumbling.

More shuffling.

I stood up and debated whether or not to open the door. No. Don't.

I walked over to the bed and flopped down onto it, burying my face into a pillow.

Soon, I heard a loud bang come from the other side of the door.

"Rachel! Open this fucking door!" Pete shouted, banging on the door.

"Go away, Wentz!" I shouted into the pillow. I didn't care if he could hear me or not. Chances were, he was going to come in anyways.

The door swung open as I looked up and turned to see Pete standing there with a marshmallow gun. Seriously? This guy was full of surprises.

"Get the fuck up," He said, pointing the gun at me.

I just groaned and fell back on to the pillow. I missed Maryland. At least the guys would've left me alone.

Maybe that's what was breaking me down. They just seemed like they didn't care enough. They would've left me alone to sit and drown in my self-pity. It was honestly pathetic the way I was treated now that I look back at it.

"I said, get up!" Pete yelled again.

I groaned and threw a pillow at him. I must've missed because I heard something break. Great, I broke something.

I felt multiple little marshmallows bounce off the back of my head. Whatever he was planning wasn't working.

"Crackers."

I opened my eyes. Oh, no he wasn't...

I felt a shit ton of graham cracker crumbs fall onto my body.

"Chocolate syrup."

"Fuck no!" I shouted. I scrambled to get up, but I wasn't fast enough.

Chocolate syrup soon covered my body. Fuck Pete.

"Pete!" I shrieked, standing up and dripping chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers all over the floor. I glared at him before a light bulb went off in my head.

I started walking towards him, extending my arms.

"Oh, no. No, no, no," He said, trying to get away.

Jess just blocked the door, happy I was going to get some form of revenge against him for the both of us.

I wrapped my chocolaty arms around his body and pressed myself against him, making sure to get him nice and chocolaty.

He laughed as I wiggled myself around against him.

"Booyah, Wentz," I smirked, pulling away from him and surveying my work.

"This is your hoodie, y'know," He smirked, unzipping my hoodie before removing it. Oh, fantastic. I had gotten my hoodie all dirty. Boo.

Joe walked by the room, stopping when he saw me and Pete. "Uh, hey, Pete, you've got something on your face," He said, wiping a bit of chocolate off of Pete's face.

Jess and I laughed so hard as Joe licked the chocolate off of his finger and shrugged, "Hershey's?"

Pete just grinned and nodded as Jess and I laughed even harder. Life with them was going to be pretty damn sweet. Literally.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// one more weekend - the academy is...

this is really bad, oh my goodness. this is what i get for being all stupid and writing at 2AM!

i'm leaving you with this -

BEDUSSEY!

i think i'm going to start leaving little videos in my authors notes, y'know, to make your day better. (:

goodnight/morning wherever you are! :)

x.